Windows 10: Laptop restart-lost everything

Discus and support Laptop restart-lost everything in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, The other day my laptop froze, so i left it for around 12 hours, but it was still froze after that time. So i pressed the power button for longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by myabragg, May 20, 2020.

1. myabragg Win User

Laptop restart-lost everything

Hi,

The other day my laptop froze, so i left it for around 12 hours, but it was still froze after that time. So i pressed the power button for longer to try and turn it off but it restarted my whole laptop. I have lost all of my documents, pictures etc, everything. To make matters worse my laptop will not let me open the microsoft store to re download any apps. If there is anyway i can restore all of my lost documents i would love to know. Thank you.

Mya

:)

myabragg, May 20, 2020
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, May 20, 2020
  3. My Laptop keeps restarting

Hi Charles,

Corruption within the system files is one of the possible reason why your laptop suddenly restarts. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • What is the make and model of your laptop?
    • What changes were made to the device before this issue happened?
    • Have you encountered any error messages when the computer restarts?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps provided by
    Niranjan Manjhi
    in this thread.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Darleen Pen, May 20, 2020
  4. Laptop restart-lost everything

little cat, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Laptop restart-lost everything

1. Laptop restart-lost everything - Similar Threads - Laptop restart lost

2. Lost everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost everything: Restarted my computer and it wiped out everything is there anyway to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-everything/b99b4f59-196a-4216-955b-69e1750bf039
  3. Lost everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost everything: Restarted my computer and it wiped out everything is there anyway to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-everything/b99b4f59-196a-4216-955b-69e1750bf039
  4. Laptop lost everything after bluescreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop lost everything after bluescreen: when I was in the middle of playing game my laptop suddenly blue screen out of nowhere. that blue screen took so long and I had to turn off my laptop while it was still loading.After it restarted I noticed my user account is gone and I can only sign in to the "asus" named...
  5. Laptop lost everything after bluescreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop lost everything after bluescreen: when I was in the middle of playing game my laptop suddenly blue screen out of nowhere. that blue screen took so long and I had to turn off my laptop while it was still loading.After it restarted I noticed my user account is gone and I can only sign in to the "asus" named...
  6. Laptop lost everything after bluescreen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Lost everything after restart.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost everything after restart.: I tried logging in to my computer as I usually do and it kept telling me that I couldnt login, which is odd, but I had to get on a zoom call so quickly so I just restarted my computer. After a few minutes my sign in screen came back up displaying my name like normal, let me...
  8. Lost everything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost everything: Hey there, am hoping for some help, I realize this is probably an impossible ask, but nevertheless here I am. About a 2 months ago, my wife’s computer went into an endless loop of ‘diagnosing pc’. After numerous phone calls with Microsoft and endless troubleshooting attempts...
  9. Lost everything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost everything: I turned on my computer and it automatically updated my browser from Edge to Chromium Edge. It deleted all of my favorites and saved passwords to important websites that I visit often. How do I get them back?...
  10. lost everything

in Windows 10 Support
    lost everything: Turned pc on and bang lost everything.win ten was asking for me to buy. security license said expired. 10 manager said buy. what the heck happened? 4912