Windows 10: Laptop restart-lost everything

Discus and support Laptop restart-lost everything in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, The other day my laptop froze, so i left it for around 12 hours, but it was still froze after that time. So i pressed the power button for longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by myabragg, May 20, 2020.

1. myabragg Win User

Laptop restart-lost everything

Hi,

The other day my laptop froze, so i left it for around 12 hours, but it was still froze after that time. So i pressed the power button for longer to try and turn it off but it restarted my whole laptop. I have lost all of my documents, pictures etc, everything. To make matters worse my laptop will not let me open the microsoft store to re download any apps. If there is anyway i can restore all of my lost documents i would love to know. Thank you.

Mya

:)

myabragg, May 20, 2020
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, May 20, 2020
  3. My Laptop keeps restarting

Hi Charles,

Corruption within the system files is one of the possible reason why your laptop suddenly restarts. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • What is the make and model of your laptop?
    • What changes were made to the device before this issue happened?
    • Have you encountered any error messages when the computer restarts?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps provided by
    Niranjan Manjhi
    in this thread.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Darleen Pen, May 20, 2020
  4. Laptop restart-lost everything

little cat, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Laptop restart-lost everything

1. Laptop restart-lost everything - Similar Threads - Laptop restart lost

2. Everything uninstalling on restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Everything uninstalling on restart: So recently I was experiencing computer crashes and I had to restart my computer. every time I restarted, every app would uninstall and all my files would be gone. I fixed the crashing, but cant seem to figure out how to stop everything from uninstalling in case I need to...
  3. HP laptop lost everything, any way to get it back?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    HP laptop lost everything, any way to get it back?: My HP laptop lost everything. The only thing I can get it to do is display build information. Anyway to get windows 10 back without buying another windows 10 download? It's a 2017 HP Stream Laptop 14-ax0XX...
  4. lost documents, photographs, everything

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    lost documents, photographs, everything: After your update last night, my files are empty. Where are my documents? Where are my Photographs? I've been through every file listed and most of all my stored information is gone. My printer won't work, although it's down as my default. The only thing working is my...
  5. Lost everything

Lost everything: I turned on my computer and it automatically updated my browser from Edge to Chromium Edge. It deleted all of my favorites and saved passwords to important websites that I visit often. How do I get them back?...
  6. EVERYTHING LOST WITHOUT A REASON

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    EVERYTHING LOST WITHOUT A REASON: Hello, my name is manuel. i have a serious problem in my laptop in the office. I am self employed. The story is real and is exactly the following: I turned off my laptop Thursday February 27th afternoon and I went on 5 day break. I returned to the office today March...
  7. Updated to 1909 on the Windows 10 on my laptop, after the restart I lost everything.

Updated to 1909 on the Windows 10 on my laptop, after the restart I lost everything.: I am back in the stone ages. I went to update my Windows 10 from1903 to the 1909 on my laptop and after the resart all my files, and apps are nowhere. and for some reason my file history was off so there is no restore point apparently. everything is just gone!!! any...
  8. Crash during reset my laptop lost everything ,Desktop is unavailable

Crash during reset my laptop lost everything ,Desktop is unavailable: I was reset my laptop when it try to download windows at 4% my laptop crash (the blue sceen with the sad face) then it restart and it show the message C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive...
  9. Lost everything on W10

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost everything on W10: I lost Edge, IE11, start menu, power turn off and I guess just about everything on W10. Is there a way I can restart W10 from the beginning. thanks 39367
  10. lost everything

in Windows 10 Support
    lost everything: Turned pc on and bang lost everything.win ten was asking for me to buy. security license said expired. 10 manager said buy. what the heck happened? 4912