Windows 10: Laptop Restart problem

Discus and support Laptop Restart problem in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Recently, performing a manual restart (using the option from the Start - Power menu) isn't working - I'm just ending up with a black screen after it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Peter B, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Peter B Win User

Laptop Restart problem

Recently, performing a manual restart (using the option from the Start - Power menu) isn't working - I'm just ending up with a black screen after it reboots. So I have to power down and start over.

I think it's only been occurring since I first updated to 20H2 a few weeks ago.

Restarts requested via Windows update work perfectly fine, the problem only kicks in when I attempt to do it manually.

(manual shutdown is fine too)

Any suggestions, please?

:)

Peter B, Nov 27, 2020
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Nov 27, 2020
  3. My Laptop keeps restarting

Hi Charles,

Corruption within the system files is one of the possible reason why your laptop suddenly restarts. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • What is the make and model of your laptop?
    • What changes were made to the device before this issue happened?
    • Have you encountered any error messages when the computer restarts?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps provided by
    Niranjan Manjhi
    in this thread.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Darleen Pen, Nov 27, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Laptop Restart problem

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Laptop Restart problem

1. Laptop Restart problem - Similar Threads - Laptop Restart problem

2. Laptop "ran into problem and needs to restart" but can't restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop "ran into problem and needs to restart" but can't restart: My name is Jonathan I don't know what problem does my laptop have since yesterday morning it informed that it ran into problem and needs to restart but since it started to restart still it's on 0%* Changed to a question* Original title: Hello...
  3. Laptop "ran into problem and needs to restart" but can't restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop "ran into problem and needs to restart" but can't restart: My name is Jonathan I don't know what problem does my laptop have since yesterday morning it informed that it ran into problem and needs to restart but since it started to restart still it's on 0%* Changed to a question* Original title: Hello...
  4. Laptop "ran into problem and needs to restart" but can't restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. laptop boot up and restart problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop boot up and restart problem: hey! my lenovo thinkpad t570 shows a blue screen of restarting immediately while running without any reason and sometimes it restarts when i held it up from a plain surface and and when the laptop start it shows a boot menu i change the boot up settings and system date and...
  6. HP Laptop Restart Problems Diskpart problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP Laptop Restart Problems Diskpart problem: I've had problems with restarting my laptop, in the past I found a c command prompt online and was able to use that and it corrected the problem. I've gone to the Diskpart screen and it seems out of order as follows:Volume 0 E DVD-ROM 0B No MediaVolume 1 C Windows NTFS...
  7. Laptop restart problem

Laptop restart problem: Hey, so I use an HP pavillion laptop to make music. Its fairly old but works really well, plus i recently replaced the battery so no worries there. I use a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 interface which connects to my audio monitors. 9/10 times it works totally fine but sometimes...
  8. Laptop restarting problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop restarting problem: The laptop configuration and other details are below: [ATTACH] Problem:- This laptop is working perfectly well on power/plug in but when i inserted battery, then laptop has restarting problem. It is restarting again and again. The charging led is changing red to white...
  9. laptop restart problem

laptop restart problem: i had a proble with my laptop acer aspire 4750G. i installed windows 10 past few years..now when i use my laptop back..it needs to activate my windows..then when i restart my laptop, the screen when blank and dont restart..but the lights at keypad still on..its like forever...
  10. Laptop shutdown/restarting problems.

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop shutdown/restarting problems.: Hi, so whenever I shutdown my computer Start > Shutdown, fans, LEDs stay on most of the time but sometimes it turns off completely. Or, when I restart my computer Start > Restart, it doesn't restart but shutdowns. I don't know what to do, Fast Startup is turned off, all...