Windows 10: Laptop restarting for 14 hours

Discus and support Laptop restarting for 14 hours in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there my laptop was due an update so last night I clicked on Update and Restart and it was stuck on the blue restarting screen all night. I then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PippaG1, Jan 6, 2020.

1. PippaG1 Win User

Laptop restarting for 14 hours

Hi there

my laptop was due an update so last night I clicked on Update and Restart and it was stuck on the blue restarting screen all night. I then went to bed and woke up this morning and it is still “restarting”. I even forced shut down with the button and then waited and turned it on again and the blue restarting screen cane up again?!

Please let me know if you are familiar and can fix this issue.

Many thanks

:)

PippaG1, Jan 6, 2020

2. Windows 10 Update stuck at 14% for about a two hours

Hi. I have a „HP ProBook 650“ laptop.

My free Windows 10 upgrade came this morning.

At first, the checking status lasted for whole 3 hours, when I decided to stop it and start it again. The process again took only 10-20 seconds (as it is listed in the „Windows 10 Upgrade FAQ“).

Next, for the Windows 10 installation purposes, a clicked the "restart" button in the confirmation dialog, so that the upgrade process can begin.

Now, the upgrade process stays at 14% for about a 2 hours.

Any suggestions ?

My configuration:

HP ProBook 650,

CPU: Intel Celeron Dual-Core 2.8GHz,

Ram: 4GB,

HDD: 500GB,

Persistent Internet (WI-FI) connection.

FilipVelkov, Jan 6, 2020
  3. EarthDog Win User
    Most hours played in a game!

I just realized something....
    That game is ~1.5 years old... If that is accurate, you played, on AVERAGE 14 hours a day EVERY DAY...........What in the Sam Hell???????????? 14 hours a day average is called a PROBLEM. Yikes... scary... how old are you? Live in parents basement? How the hell can you manage 14 hours a day every day for 550+ days???????????????????????????????

EarthDog, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Laptop restarting for 14 hours

LapTop 2017 Lenovo Yoga 14

What account? Where?

Don

Don Varnau, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

Laptop restarting for 14 hours

1. Laptop restarting for 14 hours - Similar Threads - Laptop restarting hours

2. New Laptop Restarts Randomly Every Few Hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Laptop Restarts Randomly Every Few Hours: My 2 month old ASUS ROG STRIX G15 with Windows 11 keep restarting without obvious cause. The restart is without BSOD, just powers down and then back up as if nothing happened. This started on 12th March, without any events on my mind that I can think of as a cause for this....
  3. New Laptop Restarts Randomly Every Few Hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Laptop Restarts Randomly Every Few Hours: My 2 month old ASUS ROG STRIX G15 with Windows 11 keep restarting without obvious cause. The restart is without BSOD, just powers down and then back up as if nothing happened. This started on 12th March, without any events on my mind that I can think of as a cause for this....
  4. Active Hours for Restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Active Hours for Restarts: I tried to change the hours the computer won't automatically restart after an update. I can't change it. I click, nothing changes. Yeah, I can click on 11 p.m., but it doesn't actually change it. MS has it set for 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. This is beyond troubling. Last thing I need...
  5. Active Hours for Restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Active Hours for Restarts: I tried to change the hours the computer won't automatically restart after an update. I can't change it. I click, nothing changes. Yeah, I can click on 11 p.m., but it doesn't actually change it. MS has it set for 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. This is beyond troubling. Last thing I need...
  6. Windows Update stuck at 29% for 14 hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update stuck at 29% for 14 hours: As the title says my computer has been stuck updating at 29% for 14 hours and I shut it down and yes I do know it can cause permanent damage but I have things to do, This actually happens every time I try to update my computer and for months I've been trying to avoid updating...
  7. Laptop stuck on “restarting” screen for 3 hours

Laptop stuck on “restarting” screen for 3 hours: I changed the Tdr keys in the registry in order to use a program and was told to restart my laptop in order for the program to read the new changes. I saved and closed everything and restarted but my screen has been displaying “restarting” with the moving dots for about 3...
  8. Stream 14 laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stream 14 laptop: I got this computer for Christmas as a gift from my parents for school work. All of my school work is done through google ie. Google docs, classroom.... I also need certain google extensions. I can't download Google without taking the the "S mode" off. When I tried to take it...
  9. Final Fantasy 14 BSOD Every Hour

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Final Fantasy 14 BSOD Every Hour: I've been playing final fantasy 14 for a little over a month now. During that time I had about 1-2 BSOD. I recently got a second monitor (4K) and a few days later of playing, I am having a BSOD every hour. My setup: Mobo: AsRock Z77 Extreme6 OS: Windows 10 build...
  10. Reseting this PC 14% for 12 hours!!!!!

Reseting this PC 14% for 12 hours!!!!!: I put my Windows to reset how lomg does it take ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reseting-this-pc-14-for-12-hours/e6b18ae9-7831-4543-a1fc-fc61b3eeddca