Windows 10: Laptop restarting-Graphics/Display driver issue

Discus and support Laptop restarting-Graphics/Display driver issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Been using Windows 10 for a while. Just started getting stopcodes and Windows restarting. Seems to only happen when running a website with graphics.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SuzyMac_132, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Laptop restarting-Graphics/Display driver issue

Been using Windows 10 for a while. Just started getting stopcodes and Windows restarting. Seems to only happen when running a website with graphics. Using an older laptop with Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family WDDM 1.1 which has been discontinued and appears to not be compatible with Windows 10. Any ideas on a fix???? Thanks in advance - Suzy

:)

SuzyMac_132, Jul 13, 2019

2. Graphics driver "requires further installation."

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing, I will be glad to you help you.

The issue could be if the drivers are either not updated or get corrupted. So, I would suggest you to update the display drivers and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Method 1: Update display adapter driver.

Step 1: Check for the latest driver update through Windows Updates.

• At the Start screen, type
      Windows Update

• Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select
      Install optional updates from the left results.

• When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.

Incompatible or not properly installed graphics card drivers are the most common cause of this issue.
    Step 2: Follow the steps below to update the graphics/display drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Go to device manager.
    • Right-click your display device.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    • Restart the computer and check.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will assist you further.

Thank you

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jul 13, 2019
  3. Display driver stopped working and has recovered

Hi Angie,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

The issue is occurring due to outdated or corrupt graphics card driver.

I suggest you to reinstall the graphics card drivers from manufacturer's website and check if that helps fix the issue.

Refer to the following steps to uninstall Display Device from the Device Manager:

• Press Windows and X keys together.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Locate and Expand the Display Adapter.
    • Right-click on the Display Device.
    • Click on Uninstall.
    • Restart the PC and install the graphics card driver.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 13, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Laptop restarting-Graphics/Display driver issue

Application has been blocked from accessing Graphics Drivers

Hi,

The problem could occur if the Windows is not Up-to-date or if the drivers are not compatible. Hence I suggest you to install Windows Updates first and then try installing the display drivers.

• On the search bar type Settings, Select Update & Recovery.
    • This should bring up the Check for Updates window. Install updates.
    Reinstall the graphics card drivers installed on the computer from manufacturer's website and check if that helps fix the issue.

Refer to the following steps to uninstall Display Device from the Device Manager:

• Press Windows and X keys together.

• Click on Device Manager.

• Locate and Expand the Display Adapter.

• Right-click on the Display Device.

• Click on Uninstall.

• Restart the PC and install the graphics card driver.
    Hope this helps. Get back to us if the issue persists.

Arul_D, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

Laptop restarting-Graphics/Display driver issue

1. Laptop restarting-Graphics/Display driver issue - Similar Threads - Laptop restarting Graphics

2. graphic display issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    graphic display issues: i have some issues about my amd graphic, my eyes are burning if i activated amd graphic card. but if i unable this driver, i feel relaxed and like this display when i unable this driver. but i have some issues occured like i cant open some software or application that need my...
  3. graphic display issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    graphic display issues: i have some issues about my amd graphic, my eyes are burning if i activated amd graphic card. but if i unable this driver, i feel relaxed and like this display when i unable this driver. but i have some issues occured like i cant open some software or application that need my...
  4. graphics driver issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    graphics driver issues: i need some help reinstalling my graphics driver on my pci have an NVidia GeForce GTX 960 windows 10 64-biti downloaded OBS studio to try and record videos with me and my friends and it asked me to get a new driver for it, so i followed along and went to the official NVIDIA...
  5. display/graphics issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    display/graphics issue: if an app opens on my display and has something moving on the screen, let's say a video playing or the refresh icon on chrome, the other windows I have open at the time all go transparent. this includes the taskbar, windows bar, and notifications bar, as well as other apps...
  6. display/graphics issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    display/graphics issue: if an app opens on my display and has something moving on the screen, let's say a video playing or the refresh icon on chrome, the other windows I have open at the time all go transparent. this includes the taskbar, windows bar, and notifications bar, as well as other apps...
  7. Graphic Driver Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphic Driver Issue: Hallo, I am a graphic designer and I use Cinema 4D for 3D modeling, since a month ago I sometimes receive this message while using Cinema 4D "please check if your graphics driver and OS are up to date" after the message the software crashes. And I am experiencing some...
  8. Graphics driver crash and restart on laptop.

Graphics driver crash and restart on laptop.: Source Windows Summary Hardware error laptop screen freezes(goes black) for few seconds and then comes back on. report as per reliability monitor. Date ‎12/‎8/‎2019 7:24 PM Status Report sent Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working...
  9. Display Issues (Graphics Drivers?)

Display Issues (Graphics Drivers?): My Dell Inspiron Laptop, with Windows 10, suddenly seems to have a huge display / graphics driver problem. Everything was working fine yesterday, but today I started my laptop, only to find many problems: 1. I cannot adjust the brightness with the buttons on my keyboard 2....
  10. Graphic driver issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphic driver issue: Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1616&SUBSYS_382017AA&REV_09\3&11583659&0&10 requires further installation. Graphic driver is up-to-date, so I don't know what's causing the issue. 58643

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows restart display driver