Windows 10: Laptop restarting itself -- BSODs -- more frequent after updating Windows 10

Discus and support Laptop restarting itself -- BSODs -- more frequent after updating Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm not a technical person, so I really don't know where to start. I've tried to pull together information that might be helpful. I have an ASUS laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mallomar, Feb 14, 2020.

1. mallomar Win User

Laptop restarting itself -- BSODs -- more frequent after updating Windows 10

I'm not a technical person, so I really don't know where to start. I've tried to pull together information that might be helpful. I have an ASUS laptop running Windows 10 Home, Version 1903 OS Build 18362.657. I've had the laptop since October 2018 and a few months ago it began restarting itself. I usually didn't see it happen, I'd just notice that all of my programs had shut down so I assumed there had been a restart. Then I started catching the BSODs. I grabbed my phone when I saw them and snap a photo so I'd have the error information. The restarts have become more frequent in the past couple of months, and after last night's Windows update, it's even worse -- I had several BSODs in a row today. Here are a few of BSODs I've seen over the past months:

bsod on 6-27-19

Stop code: SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION

What failed: igdkmd64.sys

bsod on 1-24-20

Stop code: PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA

What failed: Ntfs.sys

bsod 2/14/20

Stop code: WIN32K SECURITY FAILURE

I have no idea how to proceed. I would appreciate any help on troubleshooting and fixing the problem. I should be able to handle getting information from event viewer if that would be useful.

I did read something about using third-party programs. I use Avast, Open Office, Photoshop Elements, Firefox and Chrome. I have been using these since I got the laptop with no problem. I also read something about updating drivers, but I don't know how to do that.

Thanks.

:)

mallomar, Feb 14, 2020
  2. somvir73 Win User

System frequently restart with BSOD

System getting restarted frequently please suggest, i have attached the BSOD report.

somvir73, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 14, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

I had the message on my built systems and the laptops.

AsRock, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Laptop restarting itself -- BSODs -- more frequent after updating Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Laptop restarting itself

2. Frequent BSOD after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD after windows update: Hello!After Windows update, I believe on 14th April, I am receiving lots of BSOD crashes. My computer is relatively new 6 months old and it hasn't had any issues so far.I have uploaded some MiniDump files so you can take a look at.https://we.tl/t-apmb71YnctThese are all after...
  3. Frequent BSOD after windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent BSOD after windows update: Hello!After Windows update, I believe on 14th April, I am receiving lots of BSOD crashes. My computer is relatively new 6 months old and it hasn't had any issues so far.I have uploaded some MiniDump files so you can take a look at.https://we.tl/t-apmb71YnctThese are all after...
  4. Frequent BSOD after windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Laptops restarts by itself WINDOWS 10

Laptops restarts by itself WINDOWS 10: HelloMy laptop automatically restarts by itself if I am awar for a while. This started to happen last week, before everthing was ok.Automatic restart is on.Startup type is manual.There are an array of errors in Event Viewver.Tried to understand what in MEMORY.DMP file, could...
  6. Frequent BSODs after update

Frequent BSODs after update: Hi, my wife's computer started crashing frequently recently. She says it started around the time of the previous update. I restored the system to a previous point, but it crashed 3 times in under an hour while getting the files. Dump files/system info below. Thanks in...
  7. BSOD occurring more and more frequent

BSOD occurring more and more frequent: Good day, im trying to find out whats causing my BSOD when im using my pc but to no luck, i keep getting this irql_not_less_or_equal. then i tried to follow this link hoping to get some answers:...
  8. Windows 10 bsod/ frequent crash's and restart

Windows 10 bsod/ frequent crash's and restart: Hi there i have built a new gaming pc listed below. Corsair obsidian 1000d super tower Msi x570 gaming pro carbon wifi mobo Amd ryzen 3800x cpu Corsair vengence LPX rgb 4x 32gb 3200mhzRam Msi 2080 super 8gb gaming trio x Gpu Corsair RM850X psu 2 x nvme ADATA smp8200...
  9. BSOD more frequent after changing CPU cooler

BSOD more frequent after changing CPU cooler: Hello all, I'm in desperate for help, as I've been getting a variety of BSOD. Please help! This computer is less than 1 yr old. 2 weekends ago I changed out my CPU Cooler to a Noctua cooler. It is worth noting that the process wasn't smooth, and I got thermal paste on the...
  10. My laptop frequently restarts itself while I’m on it.

My laptop frequently restarts itself while I’m on it.: My laptop will restart itself while I am on it. It’s not a blue screen, it just glitches to black and then restarts to my lock screen. This will happen at least once a day but has been happening more frequently. It’s not from overheating, I have changed my settings to not...