Windows 10: Laptop restarts after shutdown

Discus and support Laptop restarts after shutdown in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi guys! My laptop is restarting everytime I try to shut it down. I tried everything i found online. Nothing is working. I even reinstalled the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by george malita, Apr 2, 2023.

1. Laptop restarts after shutdown

Hi guys! My laptop is restarting everytime I try to shut it down. I tried everything i found online. Nothing is working. I even reinstalled the windows. I don’t know what to do anymore

:)

george malita, Apr 2, 2023
  2. little cat, Apr 2, 2023
  3. Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Apr 2, 2023
  4. Laptop restarts after shutdown

laptop restart and shutdown slow process

Hi,

My name is Mohammed Shuaib, an Independent Advisor and I understand from the description that the laptop takes time to shut down and also during startup. Please follow the below steps to resolve the issue.

Step 1:

Go to search box next to windows icon and type Task Manager

Step 2:

Click on Task Manager to open

Step 3:

Under Task Manager Windows select the Startup tab

Step 4:

Under Startup tab select the unwanted apps which might be simply slowing the shutdown and startup process

Step 5:

Right-click and Disable

Step 6:

Restart Laptop

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Apr 2, 2023
Thema:

Laptop restarts after shutdown

1. Laptop restarts after shutdown - Similar Threads - Laptop restarts shutdown

2. Laptop Doesnt Shutdown/Restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Doesnt Shutdown/Restart: I have cleaned installed Windows 10 in hopes of fixing this but to no avail. I click shutdown and my usb connected keyboard and mouse stop working, the screen goes black but the power button still lights up and the laptop is still running.I have tried:andand typed powercfg h...
  3. Laptop Doesnt Shutdown/Restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Doesnt Shutdown/Restart: I have cleaned installed Windows 10 in hopes of fixing this but to no avail. I click shutdown and my usb connected keyboard and mouse stop working, the screen goes black but the power button still lights up and the laptop is still running.I have tried:andand typed powercfg h...
  4. Laptop restarts after shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop restarts after shutdown: Hi guys! My laptop is restarting everytime I try to shut it down. I tried everything i found online. Nothing is working. I even reinstalled the windows. I don’t know what to do anymore...
  5. Laptop restarts after shutdown

Laptop restarts after shutdown: Hi guys! My laptop is restarting everytime I try to shut it down. I tried everything i found online. Nothing is working. I even reinstalled the windows. I don’t know what to do anymore...
  6. My laptop restarts after shutdown

My laptop restarts after shutdown: Before I came here, I have searched about this problem on Google and tried all the way. But it didn't work even I reinstalled my windows. I find out that when I shut down without closing the lid, it restarts. If I close the lid after I shut down, it will shut down...
  7. My laptop restarts after shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop restarts after shutdown: Before I came here, I have searched about this problem on Google and tried all the way. But it didn't work even I reinstalled my windows. I find out that when I shut down without closing the lid, it restarts. If I close the lid after I shut down, it will shut down...
  8. Laptop restarts instead of shutdown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop restarts instead of shutdown: This issue started back a long time ago maybe 5-6 months after I installed a windows update. Then whenever I shutdown my laptop it gets restarted. I did a search to find a solution but it didn't worked for me. Sol-Disabling the fast startup option I have reported...
  9. Restart after Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restart after Shutdown: This is a question I've asked before. My PC often restarts even though I have powered off with Shutdown. The System settings for Shutdown and Restart are set correctly....
  10. Laptop shutdown/restarting problems.

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop shutdown/restarting problems.: Hi, so whenever I shutdown my computer Start > Shutdown, fans, LEDs stay on most of the time but sometimes it turns off completely. Or, when I restart my computer Start > Restart, it doesn't restart but shutdowns. I don't know what to do, Fast Startup is turned off, all...