Windows 10: Laptop restarts after sleep and also advanced power settings don't shows complete list

Discus and support Laptop restarts after sleep and also advanced power settings don't shows complete list in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My laptop keeps restarting after it goes into sleep mode and advanced power settings shows only less options.What should i do now [IMG]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by HarshVardhan99, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Laptop restarts after sleep and also advanced power settings don't shows complete list

My laptop keeps restarting after it goes into sleep mode and advanced power settings shows only less options.What should i do now
    Laptop restarts after sleep and also advanced power settings don't shows complete list [​IMG]

:)

HarshVardhan99, Nov 9, 2020

2. probldems with power

Hi,

Your concern about your laptop turning off completely when placed on sleep mode may indicate a possible improper power plan configuration. As an initial step to rule out any power settings issues, we suggest that you reset the settings to default. To do
    this, follow the steps below:

• Type cmd in the search box.
    • Right clickCommand Prompt from the list, and select
      Run as administrator.
    • Type or copy and paste the command below:

powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Wait for the command to finish and restart the device if prompted.

Once you're done, check if the issue persists.

Darwin Dim, Nov 9, 2020
  3. Laptop won' t shutdown (or restart) and sleep [takes forever]

The situation:

• When shutting down, the laptop proceeds as normal until the screen turns off.
    • After the screen turns off, it takes a while for the battery LED to go off.
    • After that the power led remains on and it looks like the laptop is stuck in this state forever.
    • When I try to get my laptop to sleep, something similar happens; the power led remains on, the battery led turns off and the laptop appears to be stuck in this state.
    My laptop is: Asus FX553VD.

What I've tried:

• I have tried to troubleshoot power management and power options.
    • Tried clean boot.
    • Updated the BIOS.
    • Reinstalled windows and tried shutdown and sleep (without installing the drivers and stuff), however that didn't work either.

Additional Info:

• I have multiple operating systems installed in my laptop, however this problem persists on windows only (the OSes are installed on different drives).
    • The disk usage is abnormally high.
    • There are spikes in CPU usage that kick up the fan really fast while idle.

Please suggest other ideas as to what I should do?

[It appears that the only option I have left is to reinstall everything]

10gic-80m8, Nov 9, 2020
  4. Laptop restarts after sleep and also advanced power settings don't shows complete list

windows 10 power and sleep settings ignored

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are facing issues with the Windows 10 Sleep, we will look into this for you. However, in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the make and model of your system?
    • Was there a major change or an update on your system, prior to which you weren't facing this issue?

Meanwhile, this issue could be related to the Hybrid sleep and the Fast Startup. Hence, I would suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it works for you.

Steps to turn off Hybrid Sleep:

1. Click on Start icon.
    2. Type Control Panel and press Enter.
    3. Click on Power Options, then click on Change plan settings.
    4. Click on Change advanced power settings and expand
      Sleep
      option.
    5. Now expand Allow hybrid sleep and then change settings to
      Off.
    6. Click on Apply and then OK.

Steps to turn off Fast Startup:

1. Click on the Start icon.
    2. Type Control Panel and press Enter.
    3. Click on Power Options.
    4. Click on Choose what the power buttons do.
    5. Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    6. Under Shutdown settings, uncheck the Turn on fast startup box.
    7. Click on Save changes. This will turn off fast startup.

Restart the system and check if the issue still persists.

We would also like you to open command prompt (Admin) after the PC wakes up. (Type in Windows search
    CMD and then right click on it, select Run as Administrator)

Then type the command as mentioned in the /lastwake & /energy
    section from this Powercfg command-line
    options
    article.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

Laptop restarts after sleep and also advanced power settings don't shows complete list

1. Laptop restarts after sleep and also advanced power settings don't shows complete list - Similar Threads - Laptop restarts sleep

2. Multimedia Settings is not listed in advanced power options

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multimedia Settings is not listed in advanced power options: [ATTACH] Windows won't turn my display off or go to sleep anymore (since 2 weeks or so). I did not change anything and I don't know since when my advanced power option settings don't have the Multimedia stuff anymore... I tried to get them back by doing this...
  3. Advanced power settings help

in Windows 10 Customization
    Advanced power settings help: Hello a few months ago i downlaoded AVG battery saver lnto my laptop and i deleted it awhile sgo snd now its still being used on my laptop even though the app isnt on my laptop. everytime i turn my laptop on the battery lowers and i looked on my advanced power settings and...
  4. Power & Sleep settings don't work after CU

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power & Sleep settings don't work after CU: I have a Surface 7 Pro. I recently did a Reset and wiped everything out. While installing the updates I noticed that that there was a Build update to 1903. After installing it the Power & Sleep settings don't seem to work. Any thoughts on the subject? Is there a KB that...
  5. Power & sleep mode on PC showing only Laptop and battery settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power & sleep mode on PC showing only Laptop and battery settings: Hi, I set my PC to go into sleep mode after 1 hr. It is not doing this now. Checking the settings for Power & Sleep mode there is no option to set the PC to sleep. I looks like it has defaulted to a laptop information and only shows screen sleep and battery performance. This...
  6. advanced power settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    advanced power settings: Hi all, Its very frustrating that I am not getting all the options in x1 yoga 3rd gen computer. i have tried powercfg -attributes 19cbb8fa-5279-450e-9fac-8a3d5fedd0c1 12bbebe6-58d6-4636-95bb-3217ef867c1a -attrib_hide for showing the wireless option but no luck ! tried...
  7. Advanced Power Management? (Sleep)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Advanced Power Management? (Sleep): Hi Reddit - I am a professional media guy and need to render long files occasionally. Does anyone know of a way or utility that will let me customize sleep cycles? If I just leave chrome open I just want my computer to sleep and then shut down after a while. I don't want it...
  8. UEFI Settings won't show in advance restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UEFI Settings won't show in advance restart: Hey, basically my uefi settings won't show in advanced restart i also have tried to go into the bios to disable secure boot but secure boot is not an option, is this just me? Also is there a solution?...
  9. Problem with Advanced Power Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with Advanced Power Settings: I bought a used computer, updated to Windows 10. It runs great for what i use it for, but i noticed the CPU was running hot. Core #0 runs at 99c at full load such as watching a movie. I did my own research and decided to change the processor power management . So I go into my...
  10. Laptop power button and sleep settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop power button and sleep settings: Hi all, I have a Lenovo W510 laptop with Windows 10 Professional. I see in the power settings that I can configure the power button to put the laptop to sleep when pressed. I have it configured as such but when I press the power button, nothing happens. If I manually put...