Windows 10: Laptop restarts instead of shutdown

Discus and support Laptop restarts instead of shutdown in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This issue started back a long time ago maybe 5-6 months after I installed a windows update. Then whenever I shutdown my laptop it gets restarted. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AbhishekJadhav8308, May 1, 2020.

1. Laptop restarts instead of shutdown

This issue started back a long time ago maybe 5-6 months after I installed a windows update. Then whenever I shutdown my laptop it gets restarted. I did a search to find a solution but it didn't worked for me. Sol-Disabling the fast startup option​

I have reported this issue multiple times with builtin feedback hub but didn't get any response.Help me please.

:)

AbhishekJadhav8308, May 1, 2020
  2. drpet23 Win User

Pc restart instead of shutdown after brief powerloss.

When powerloss ( 1 second ) ( due to switch of electric fuse ) is very brief pc will restart or shutdown. ?

My pc get restarted instead of shutdown.Any ideas?

I ask because i have in bios option AC Power Loss POWER OFF.

When i manually cut power for longer time pc will not boot itself when power back, because i have AC POWER LOSS POWER OFF in bios.
    But few days ago when power due to switch of electric fuse was off only for 1 second pc restarts instead of shutdown.

drpet23, May 1, 2020
  3. little cat, May 1, 2020
  4. SF0788 Win User

Laptop restarts instead of shutdown

Windows 10 upgrade shutdown instead of restarting

Wish I read Supa's answer before I did all the updates. Anyways I did all the updates to 8 and 8.1 then tried to install 10 within windows, while in the process upgrading it shutdown again instead of restarting. This was with no additional programs loaded.
    Luckily when I restarted the computer it loaded up to 8.1 with no problem. I went into power settings and used the high performance setting and changed when the hard drive would shutdown to over 4 hours and the monitor to never shutdown and never to go to
    sleep. I used the dvd disc to upgrade to Win 10 within windows and this time it went all the way. I have Windows 10 working. Now I get to do it all over again on my dell laptop. Thanks for all the suggestions.

SF0788, May 1, 2020
Thema:

Laptop restarts instead of shutdown

1. Laptop restarts instead of shutdown - Similar Threads - Laptop restarts instead

2. Laptop Doesnt Shutdown/Restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Doesnt Shutdown/Restart: I have cleaned installed Windows 10 in hopes of fixing this but to no avail. I click shutdown and my usb connected keyboard and mouse stop working, the screen goes black but the power button still lights up and the laptop is still running.I have tried:andand typed powercfg h...
  3. Laptop Doesnt Shutdown/Restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Doesnt Shutdown/Restart: I have cleaned installed Windows 10 in hopes of fixing this but to no avail. I click shutdown and my usb connected keyboard and mouse stop working, the screen goes black but the power button still lights up and the laptop is still running.I have tried:andand typed powercfg h...
  4. Shutdown does restart instead

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shutdown does restart instead: When I select the shutdown option, my computer restarts instead. I'm using Win11 Pro on an HP Envy x360 laptop.It will shutdown if I use the shutdown command in a terminal window.Any ideas how to address this or what to look at?Thanks!...
  5. Shutdown does restart instead

Shutdown does restart instead: When I select the shutdown option, my computer restarts instead. I'm using Win11 Pro on an HP Envy x360 laptop.It will shutdown if I use the shutdown command in a terminal window.Any ideas how to address this or what to look at?Thanks!...
  6. Laptop restarts after shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop restarts after shutdown: Hi guys! My laptop is restarting everytime I try to shut it down. I tried everything i found online. Nothing is working. I even reinstalled the windows. I don’t know what to do anymore...
  7. Laptop restarts after shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop restarts after shutdown: Hi guys! My laptop is restarting everytime I try to shut it down. I tried everything i found online. Nothing is working. I even reinstalled the windows. I don’t know what to do anymore...
  8. Laptop restarts after shutdown

9. Instead of Restart my W10 will shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Instead of Restart my W10 will shutdown: Hi, My laptop runs on W10 home version 21h1. The antivirus I am currently using is Windows defender and Power Sleep option I have set to never.Few months ago I installed ccleaner and accidentally deleted few registry. After which I am facing restart shutdown problem .No...
  10. Laptop shutdown/restarting problems.

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop shutdown/restarting problems.: Hi, so whenever I shutdown my computer Start > Shutdown, fans, LEDs stay on most of the time but sometimes it turns off completely. Or, when I restart my computer Start > Restart, it doesn't restart but shutdowns. I don't know what to do, Fast Startup is turned off, all...