Windows 10: Laptop restarts randomly everyday.

Discus and support Laptop restarts randomly everyday. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop randomly restarts everyday when im using it and also when its idel. I did a Google research for a fix and i found someone asked the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Doverun, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Doverun Win User

Laptop restarts randomly everyday.

My laptop randomly restarts everyday when im using it and also when its idel.

I did a Google research for a fix and i found someone asked the same question and the possible fix is to untick fast startup and also to disable auto restart.

Today just as i was surfing the web, it crashed again and this time i was able to catch an error:

stop code: DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

Here's my dump file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16EMtFpcv7-iUHciGQwL3y8-8lmV-iqHS/view?usp=sharing

Also sometimes after laptop restarts, i do have issues with my UI: Battery notification disappears and i have to force restart it before it becomes visible again.

Version of Windows installed: 1903

:)

Doverun, Apr 26, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Laptop keeps randomly restarting

Hi Alex,

Your Windows 10 laptop may have encountered a system conflict that may have caused your laptop restart randomly. For us to help you with your Windows 10 concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What is the current build and version number of your Windows 10? To check, press the Windows key, type
      winver, and press the Enter key.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you have a third-party antivirus software installed?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Apr 26, 2020
  3. Laptop Randomly Restarts / Turns Off and comes on with No Wifi

Thanks for the reply

I dont get any errors when the laptop restarts, but it happens randomly and instantly everything shuts down with no warning. Its not like a restart because it doent say restart it just turn off. And sometimes switches ot self back on.

I dont think I have downloaded any applications to cause the problem.

Te problem happens randomly, i think most of the time when im using the internet or using cpu heavy applications. But i think it happens randomly.

I tried the troubleshootin and it doest have the wifi adapter when it randomly shuts down. It just shows ethernet and bluetooth adapter. When i restart it again wifi works.

Hassan786m, Apr 26, 2020
  4. Liezl Fal Win User

ASUS Laptop randomly restarts

There could be various reasons why your laptop is having random restarts. Some of these causes are
    important Windows Updates, anti-virus, incompatibility issue with the graphic card drivers, and
    overheating.

We'd like to know more information to help us identify the root cause of the said concern. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you getting any messages when the computer restarts? (e.g. "Configuring updates...")
    • Is the issue happening only when your PC is idle or does it also happen while you are using it?
    • How often does this issue occur?
    By default, Windows 10 automatically downloads updates and restarts your PC to install those. This allows you to get the latest features and improvements for your operating system. You can schedule updates using active hours in Windows 10 or select a specific
    schedule to restart your PC be following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
    • Click Update & security.
    • Look for Restart options and click it.
    • Set the schedule for the time when you want your PC to restart and install the updates.
    If the suggested steps above do not resolve your concern, you may also want to run the
    Power troubleshooter to check for any incorrect power settings which may cause such. To do so, please do these steps:

• Access the Control Panel of your computer.
    • In the Control Panel Search field, type troubleshooting.
    • Click Troubleshooting.
    • Under System and Security, click Improve power usage.
    • Click Next to run the troubleshooting tool.
    Let us know of any feedback.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Laptop restarts randomly everyday. - Similar Threads - Laptop restarts randomly

2. Laptop randomly restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop randomly restarting: Hello, for some months ago my laptop started to restart randomly, and for some reason when I’m not playing at something happens very frequently, like from 2-20 minutes for some reason when im playing it dont happens or its very unlikely to restart. Sometimes it restart...
  3. Laptop randomly restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop randomly restarting: Hello, for some months ago my laptop started to restart randomly, and for some reason when I’m not playing at something happens very frequently, like from 2-20 minutes for some reason when im playing it dont happens or its very unlikely to restart. Sometimes it restart...
  4. Laptop randomly restarting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop randomly restarting.: Hello, for some reason, recently my laptop has been randomly restarting after i go away from my keyboard. I notice these errors in the event logs. The previous system shutdown at 3:52:42 PM on ‎7/‎17/‎2022 was unexpected.- 3:54:17 The system has rebooted without cleanly...
  5. Laptop randomly restarting.

Laptop randomly restarting.: Hello, for some reason, recently my laptop has been randomly restarting after i go away from my keyboard. I notice these errors in the event logs. The previous system shutdown at 3:52:42 PM on ‎7/‎17/‎2022 was unexpected.- 3:54:17 The system has rebooted without cleanly...
  6. Laptop randomly restarting.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Laptop randomly restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop randomly restarts: My laptop randomly restarts / reboots and sometimes shutdowns,even when i keep it just on and do nothing but when i play Genshin impact its a Game nothing happenes, it works super fine also fine in safe mode.I'm running win 11. I tried doing reset and clean windows...
  8. Laptop randomly restarts

Laptop randomly restarts: My laptop randomly restarts / reboots and sometimes shutdowns,even when i keep it just on and do nothing but when i play Genshin impact its a Game nothing happenes, it works super fine also fine in safe mode.I'm running win 11. I tried doing reset and clean windows...
  9. Laptop randomly restarts

Laptop randomly restarts: I got new laptot Lenovo Legion 5 PRO rtx 3070, ryzen 7 5800H and I installed windows 11 home. Sometimes I see that laptop restarts when I do nothing. Laptop is just turned on and it restarts. In the event viewer I can see Event ID 1001, pc restarts after bugcheck. 0x0000007e...
  10. Laptop freezes at random times, once everyday, not BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop freezes at random times, once everyday, not BSOD: Hello,I am having problems with my laptop, as mentioned in the title, it freezes once a day, it's not a BSOD, and it happens whenever, for example today I only had spotify running, while other days I was playing games, the only way to continue using it is to do a hard reboot....