Windows 10: Laptop restarts when gaming.

Discus and support Laptop restarts when gaming. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm using windows 10 with Toshiba L745. Game starts up then it automatically restarts and only happens when trying to play games.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by diannegarcia1792, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Laptop restarts when gaming.

I'm using windows 10 with Toshiba L745. Game starts up then it automatically restarts and only happens when trying to play games.

:)

diannegarcia1792, Mar 26, 2019
  2. Alex F Win User

Laptop restarts after opening Games, no overheat

I have HP pavilion dv6 7002st.

2 weeks ago I opened my laptop to clean the fan and reapply the thermal paste...
    I did and it helped me alot with my FPS (it raised fps from 40 to 70 in games)
    But 2 days ago, in the middle of the game, with no overheating, laptop suddenly shut down and came back after 10 seconds with no warning or errors.

Immediately after login, PC screen started to flicker and shake and laptop froze completely. I removed the battery and unplugged it then plugged it after 30 seconds then opened it and everything was normal till the next game play...
    All of these happened again after playing the game like for 10 minutes (I'm playing World of Tanks and restart is very annoying in online games:/ )

Then I checked the Eventviewer, I saw 2 critical errors, it was Kernel Power 41(63) errors twice ( 1 for restart and 1 for screen flickering and laptop freezing after restart)

I installed BurnInTest app to test the hardware, RAM was Ok, SDD was Ok, but when i choose the "max cpu temp test" and starts it, laptop restarts 10 seconds after the test starts
    The max temp when laptop restarted was 76°C (i think this is not a high temp to force the laptop to shut down)

Before I cleaned my laptop it was usually around 80°C while playing games even after 3 4 hours it was fine.

I reduced the Maximum Processor State from 100% to 99% at control panel Power Options to prevent cpu overclock (this was a suggestion by a youtube video) and tested the max cpu temp again. After 5 second the screen flickered and laptop completely froze and I unplugged it, this time no restart happened but the error on the eventviewer was the same as before : Kernel Power 41...
    So what can I do? Replace adapter or something or this is a hardware problem?

BIW, this problem only happens while game or test program is running
    Leaving laptop on for hours or browsing the web or watching videos are ok.

Laptop stats :

• HP pavilion DV6
    • Intel Core i7 3610QM 2.30 GHz
    • Ram 8 GB DDR3
    • Graphics card : Nvidia GeForce 630M (2GB)
    • Disk : Samsung Evo 850 SSD (its a replace for old HDD)
    • Windows 10 Enterprise

Alex F, Mar 26, 2019
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Mar 26, 2019
  4. Laptop restarts when gaming.

Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Mar 26, 2019
Thema:

Laptop restarts when gaming.

1. Laptop restarts when gaming. - Similar Threads - Laptop restarts gaming

2. PC Restarting when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Restarting when gaming: I got this problem with my PC where my PC restarts after about 15-45 mins of playing certain games. For example GTA 5 Online takes about 45 mins when it crashed, Overwatch 2 - 15 mins. With COD Warzone I can't even get into the game PC crashes once i get onto the loading...
  3. PC Restarting when gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Restarting when gaming: I got this problem with my PC where my PC restarts after about 15-45 mins of playing certain games. For example GTA 5 Online takes about 45 mins when it crashed, Overwatch 2 - 15 mins. With COD Warzone I can't even get into the game PC crashes once i get onto the loading...
  4. Laptop restarting in the middle of a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop restarting in the middle of a game: So recently I've been having a issue where my computer in the middle of a game just decides to restart. Then when it restarts and I try to reopen the game, not even a few minutes after opening it. It restarts again. I checked the error log thing and it says "Miniport...
  5. Laptop restarting in the middle of a game

Laptop restarting in the middle of a game: So recently I've been having a issue where my computer in the middle of a game just decides to restart. Then when it restarts and I try to reopen the game, not even a few minutes after opening it. It restarts again. I checked the error log thing and it says "Miniport...
  6. Pc restarts when gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc restarts when gaming: I have had a restarting issue for a while, it all started when I upgraded my motherboard x570-plus and cpu Ryzen 7 5800x to match my gpu asus rog strix 3060 ti oc I was having issues with it saying that the cpu is overheating, so I upgrade the cpu fan to the deepcool ak620...
  7. Pc restarts when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc restarts when gaming: I have had a restarting issue for a while, it all started when I upgraded my motherboard x570-plus and cpu Ryzen 7 5800x to match my gpu asus rog strix 3060 ti oc I was having issues with it saying that the cpu is overheating, so I upgrade the cpu fan to the deepcool ak620...
  8. Pc restarts when gaming

9. Restart when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart when playing games: My PC keeps restarting at random times when playing games, and it only started happening when I upgraded to Windows 11. I cant revert back because it's been to long, and I already reset the pc to try and fix the issue to no avail....
  10. Crashes (restarts) when gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashes (restarts) when gaming: Hello there, First of all I'll link my specs: Motherboard: ASRock 960GM-GS3 FX CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition 3.40GHz GPU: MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 2GB GDDR5 128bit GAMING 2G RAM: KINGSTON KVR16N11S8/4, 4GB DDR3, 1600MHz PSU: Chieftec SMART Series GPS-600A8...