Windows 10: Laptop restarts when put to sleep, shut down, or put into hibernate after Windows 1903 update

Discus and support Laptop restarts when put to sleep, shut down, or put into hibernate after Windows 1903 update in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My Dell XPS 9570 will automatically restart without being prompted to when I select any of the power options (sleep, shut down, hibernate, restart). It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by kohyakato, Aug 19, 2019.

1. kohyakato Win User

Laptop restarts when put to sleep, shut down, or put into hibernate after Windows 1903 update

My Dell XPS 9570 will automatically restart without being prompted to when I select any of the power options (sleep, shut down, hibernate, restart). It appears to execute whatever command I have selected, and then continue to restart within about 30 seconds of being put to sleep or shut down. This occurs while charging and while not charging as well as with the lid open and with the lid closed. I noticed the issue very shortly after upgrading to Windows 1903. I have tried resetting BIOS settings, disabling restart on failure, disabling fast startup, and disabling hibernate in the registry editor. Many of these solutions seem to be for a slightly different but related problems. What else can I try to fix the problem? Thanks!

:)

kohyakato, Aug 19, 2019
  2. claylomax Win User

Shutting down, hibernating, or sleeping?

Speaking of ... I just built a new PC with an AMD Kaveri and Windows 7 64 and the option sleep is greyed out, I get shut down and hibernate; it's funny, on my PC (see specs) I get sleep and shut down not hibernate. I tried the bios but I'm clueless. Any ideas?

claylomax, Aug 19, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User

I always use hibernate, I only restart for windows updates.

P4-630, Aug 19, 2019
  4. Aquinus Win User

Laptop restarts when put to sleep, shut down, or put into hibernate after Windows 1903 update

When sleep is grayed out it probably means that you're missing a driver required to do it or rather a device is incapable of going to sleep, but more often than not it's drivers that haven't been installed. I would make sure you're not missing any chipset or something.

Aquinus, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Laptop restarts when put to sleep, shut down, or put into hibernate after Windows 1903 update - Similar Threads - Laptop restarts put

2. Laptop shuts down when putting it to sleep or closing the lid

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shuts down when putting it to sleep or closing the lid: Laptop shuts down when closing the lid or putting it to sleep and even to hibernate. All my applications closes when I turn my laptop on. I have tried everything in the power options many command promts but none of them helped. I even did a reset on my laptop but the problem...
  3. My laptop keeps shutting down when put to sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keeps shutting down when put to sleep.: I have a Lenovo Yoga 520 laptop model. I reset it recently because it was having a lot of issues. However after resetting it, my laptop kept shutting down everytime I put it to sleep. I can't find the correct intel management interface driver for my model, since that driver...
  4. My laptop keeps shutting down when put to sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop keeps shutting down when put to sleep.: I have a Lenovo Yoga 520 laptop model. I reset it recently because it was having a lot of issues. However after resetting it, my laptop kept shutting down everytime I put it to sleep. I can't find the correct intel management interface driver for my model, since that driver...
  5. My laptop keeps shutting down when put to sleep.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. PC shuts down when put to sleep

PC shuts down when put to sleep: Hello all,Whenever I try to put my PC to sleep, it seems to shut all the way down. But it turns back on when I move my mouse, I don't have to touch the power button, and I get a 'windows was not shut down correctly' error in Reliability History. I suspect it is corrupted...
  7. laptop shuts down when put in sleep

laptop shuts down when put in sleep: this started after dell put on bios update and windows updates. Dell does not respond. is there something you can help me with? Could this be a windows power issue? HELP...
  8. Computer shuts down when put to sleep

Computer shuts down when put to sleep: When I close the lid of my new laptop, it shuts down instead of staying in sleep mode. I've triple checked that the computer is set to Sleep (NOT Shut Down) when the lid is closed. It seems to Sleep for a short time, then Shut Down. Battery at 90%, so that isn't the issue. I...
  9. Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode: Hi all first time poster, So I'm having a major problem that I can't seem to fix. When I close the lid of my laptop, put it into sleep mode, or put it into hibernation mode, the laptop basically shuts down. The power light flashes on and off, but when I reopen the lid or...
  10. Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode: Hi all first time poster, So I'm having a major problem that I can't seem to fix. When I close the lid of my laptop, put it into sleep mode, or put it into hibernation mode, the laptop basically shuts down. The power light flashes on and off, but when I reopen the lid or...