Windows 10: Laptop restarts when set off or set to sleep after upgrade to Win 10 Pro

Discus and support Laptop restarts when set off or set to sleep after upgrade to Win 10 Pro in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, As I have mentioned it in the title, I've upgraded my Win 7 Ultimate to Win 10 Pro and been having issues when I want to turn off my laptop or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by NZ032, Jan 11, 2020.

1. NZ032 Win User

Laptop restarts when set off or set to sleep after upgrade to Win 10 Pro

Hello,

As I have mentioned it in the title, I've upgraded my Win 7 Ultimate to Win 10 Pro and been having issues when I want to turn off my laptop or put it to sleep, it encounters an error and reboots again. I can not roll back to Win 7 Ultimate as I have deleted Windows.old using Disc Clean Up.

This morning I turned it on and I prompted me a few option and I gone with fixing Repair which did not solve my issue and there for am seeking assistance with it as I do not know how to fix it on my own.

Looking forward to a replay to this message, thank you.

:)

NZ032, Jan 11, 2020

2. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jan 11, 2020
  3. Set Sleep settings in Windows 10

Hello Hamed,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that you want to set sleep settings in the current power plan.

I suggest you to change/customize the screen and sleep settings in Current Power Plan from the Settings in Windows 10. To do so, follow the below steps.

1. Left click on the Start Menu and click on the Settings gear icon. Next, click on the
    System icon.

2. Click on Power & sleep on the left side, and set the
    Screen and Sleep settings to what you want for your current power plan.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further assistance, feel free to write to us.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 11, 2020
  4. Laptop restarts when set off or set to sleep after upgrade to Win 10 Pro

Computuer restarts immediately when trying to hibernate

My laptop has suddenly started automatically restarting when I try to hibernate. I have tried many solutions I found on the internet and this forum.

• I disabled fast restart
    • ran power troubleshooter
    • reset the power plan defaults
    • updated bios
    • tried a repair install
    • disabled hybrid sleep in power settings

I have already updated to v 1909. I am running Win 10 Pro.

The fast start disable fixed the auto restart on shutdown but not or hibernate. Sleep works fine. Please advise what other steps to try.

Jerry Welliver, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

Laptop restarts when set off or set to sleep after upgrade to Win 10 Pro

1. Laptop restarts when set off or set to sleep after upgrade to Win 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Laptop restarts set

2. After win 11 23H2 update laptop shutsdown when lid is closed even when set to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After win 11 23H2 update laptop shutsdown when lid is closed even when set to sleep: With no changes other than the win 11 update for 23H2 my computer now shuts down when the laptop lid is closed for a while. My compute is set to 'sleep' whenever the laptop lid is closed for all power plans. Yet when I close the lid and come back hours later, the computer is...
  3. After win 11 23H2 update laptop shutsdown when lid is closed even when set to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After win 11 23H2 update laptop shutsdown when lid is closed even when set to sleep: With no changes other than the win 11 update for 23H2 my computer now shuts down when the laptop lid is closed for a while. My compute is set to 'sleep' whenever the laptop lid is closed for all power plans. Yet when I close the lid and come back hours later, the computer is...
  4. Laptop sleeps when display turns off, regardless of power settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop sleeps when display turns off, regardless of power settings: Hello - When my laptop display turns off after the number of minutes set in "When plugged in, turn off after" the computer goes to sleep even though it's not set to do so. It does not seem to matter what value is set for "When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after", the...
  5. Set Windows 10 to turn off bluetooth when in sleep mode

Set Windows 10 to turn off bluetooth when in sleep mode: I would like to know how, if it is possible, to have Windows 10 turn off Bluetooth when I send the computer to sleep by closing the lid. I have a pair of Bluetooth headphones that I use with both my laptop and with my mobile. When I am finished using my laptop and put it in...
  6. Ransomware settings in win 10 pro

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ransomware settings in win 10 pro: Hi, I have a laptop that came with windows 7 pro which I upgraded to win 10 pro. At the moment it's version 1903. Currently when I try to enable ransomware protection a popup appears saying in essence that the 'system administrator has limited access to some areas of this...
  7. PC turns off when set to sleep

PC turns off when set to sleep: Running Windows 10 on an ASUS laptop. Every time I set my computer to go to sleep, the computer shuts down immediately instead. I have tried... Changing my default power options (set to sleep in all categories) Turning OFF fast startup (currently turned off) Changing...
  8. Sleep and Display off settings are not working

Sleep and Display off settings are not working: Hi, My laptop display keeps going off before the set time which gets really annoying. In the power option, I have set it as display off at 5 min, sleep at 10 min (on battery), display off at 10 min, sleep at 15 min (plugged in). But this doesnt work at all in both...
  9. Laptop going to sleep when asked not to in Power and Sleep settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Laptop going to sleep when asked not to in Power and Sleep settings: Hi My laptop, which is running windows 10 version 1803 OS build 17134.320, is going to sleep/hibernating, every time when the battery gets to 6% power-or some times less. The power light remains on with the screen turning off and, if I then press the power button ,it wakes...
  10. Set Windows 10 to only sleep when locked or logged off

in Windows 10 Support
    Set Windows 10 to only sleep when locked or logged off: Hello, Is it possible to set my Windows 10 desktop machine to only go to sleep when the machine is locked or logged off? Thanks 96532