Windows 10: Laptop restarts when trying to change volume.

Discus and support Laptop restarts when trying to change volume. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey,I have a Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 laptop Ryzen 5 4600H, GTX 1650, 16 gigs DDR4 @3200mhz, model = 15ARH05, and it randomly decides to restart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Adi_254, Dec 9, 2023.

1. Adi_254 Win User

Laptop restarts when trying to change volume.

Hey,I have a Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 laptop Ryzen 5 4600H, GTX 1650, 16 gigs DDR4 @3200mhz, model = 15ARH05, and it randomly decides to restart sometimes when I try to change the volume either by using the trackpad's three finger gestures or by using Fn+F3. This doesn't happen every time, only occasionally after 30+ minutes of usage. I do not get any bluescreen - Windows just restarts.However, on two occasions, instead of restarting into windows, I got these errors screenshot attached which were fixed by pressing the power button only. Screenshots: First screenshot Second ScreenshotWhat

:)

Adi_254, Dec 9, 2023

2. Taptiles Volume

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

1. After opening the game, right click on the sound icon in the taskbar and select "open volume mixer".

2. If the particular game is listed, turn down the volume and check the result.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Dec 9, 2023
  3. little cat, Dec 9, 2023
  4. JoeMiyao Win User

Sound muted if changes volume while playing

Hi everyone, I have a rather odd problem.

My sounds seem to works fine, however if I change volume while sound is playing, the sound is muted. It happens every time doing so.

My laptop is running windows 10 and sound is played through computer's internal speakers.

Here are what I tried and found.

1. Use built-in player in windows 10 to play a video, volume is set to 30 at the beginning. Pause the video and change volume to 80, then resume playing. Everything works fine.
    2. Again, play a video with volume set to 30 at first, this time increase volume while video is still playing, sound is muted as soon as I click the volume bar.
    3. After step 2, sound is still muted even I decrease volume back to 30.
    4. Volume bar is always available during the test, and there is no error notification.
    5. I thought it was a driver issue so I re-installed sound card driver with latest official one.
    I can’t try a system restore since it is the laptop for work.

JoeMiyao, Dec 9, 2023
Thema:

1. Laptop restarts when trying to change volume. - Similar Threads - Laptop restarts trying

2. Laptop restarts when trying to change volume.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop restarts when trying to change volume.: Hey,I have a Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 laptop Ryzen 5 4600H, GTX 1650, 16 gigs DDR4 @3200mhz, model = 15ARH05, and it randomly decides to restart sometimes when I try to change the volume either by using the trackpad's three finger gestures or by using Fn+F3. This doesn't...
  3. Laptop Speaker RealtekR Audio doesn't change volume when I change the master volume?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Speaker RealtekR Audio doesn't change volume when I change the master volume?: Hello, I recently got a new issue. My default speakers built into the laptop don't work as expected after I fiddled with the volume mixer for individual apps and probably when using headphones and switching between them this happened during a video game, so I don't recall...
  4. Laptop Speaker RealtekR Audio doesn't change volume when I change the master volume?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Speaker RealtekR Audio doesn't change volume when I change the master volume?: Hello, I recently got a new issue. My default speakers built into the laptop don't work as expected after I fiddled with the volume mixer for individual apps and probably when using headphones and switching between them this happened during a video game, so I don't recall...
  5. Laptop Speaker RealtekR Audio doesn't change volume when I change the master volume?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. changing the volume on the laptop is not changing the volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    changing the volume on the laptop is not changing the volume: I have tried everything on the main page. from speaker properties, updates and further advanced options and nothing seems to be working. it works on headphones. i tried to test my speakers and they preform well on the tests. I can adjust the volume in the settings for...
  7. changing the volume on the laptop is not changing the volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    changing the volume on the laptop is not changing the volume: I have tried everything on the main page. from speaker properties, updates and further advanced options and nothing seems to be working. it works on headphones. i tried to test my speakers and they preform well on the tests. I can adjust the volume in the settings for...
  8. Audio changing volume when changing apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio changing volume when changing apps: Whenever I change from one application to another windows automatically changes my audio level to something else. I tend to use multiple applications at once so it gets annoying having to set my audio over and over again. I've updated drivers and done just about everything...
  9. Audio crackling/popping when changing volume - tried everything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio crackling/popping when changing volume - tried everything: I've been having this annoying issue where I get crackling/popping in my headphones when I adjust the volume in windows 10. I've tried everything I can think of. I've tried: - updating my realtek audio drivers, trying an older driver, trying a generic realtek driver. -...
  10. sound mute when I try to change volume

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    sound mute when I try to change volume: If I try to change volume, sound disappears, and come back only if i remove realtek drivers and reboot. My System: Windows 10 1903 (this issue was ocurring before the update) MoBo ASUSTeK Computer INC. M5A78L-M PLUS/USB3 (AM3R2) Audio (Nvidia came with their own audio...