Windows 10: Laptop running extremely slow after fresh install of windows 10?

Discus and support Laptop running extremely slow after fresh install of windows 10? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello I have the same issue as this guy:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Suzainura.., Aug 23, 2018.

1. Laptop running extremely slow after fresh install of windows 10?

Hello I have the same issue as this guy:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance-winpc/laptop-running-extremely-slow-after-fresh-install/88592f20-dd35-4337-81bc-26c2e560b887

Can you give me a clue?

btw. I don't have a battery since it is dead.

:)

Suzainura.., Aug 23, 2018

2. Laptop running extremely slow after fresh install of windows 10?

Hi,

Since you have just recently performed a fresh install of your Windows 10, it's hard for us to pinpoint as to what's causing your computer to run slow. To help us improve your computer's performance, please check out the suggested troubleshooting steps and
    Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10.

Feel free to let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 23, 2018
  3. Laptop running extremely slow after fresh install of windows 10?

I am running the latest drivers (I updated them via driver booster last night) and windows update says I'm running the latest version of windows. I've restarted my laptop several times and it doesn't seem to help. According to task manager, memory usage
    rarely goes above 50%. As the hard drive was wiped, I have over 800 gigs free. I've disabled most of the programs I have on startup and malwarebytes reports nothing wrong with my system either. I've turned off onedrive sync and am currently running the sfc
    command in cmd. I'll reply with the results of sfc but barring that, whats the next step?

Thanks!

_0110111001101111_, Aug 23, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

Laptop running extremely slow after fresh install of windows 10?

AMD phenom 995BE 3.6GHZ running extremely slow

A lot of things can cause a slow startup, most common would be drivers. It will take a *long* time for us to go through all the options, so i'll just list the steps i do for a fresh windows install that is problem free, you can let us know if you missed any of it.

1. Format the drive - clean windows install from DVD
    2. install all drivers you can from windows update first, except video card. Make sure to install and update .Net, as modern video card drivers require that.
    3. install any missing drivers (check device manager), including video card manually, with downloads from their respective websites. never install from the motherboard DVD/website unless you have to.

Mussels, Aug 23, 2018
Thema:

Laptop running extremely slow after fresh install of windows 10?

1. Laptop running extremely slow after fresh install of windows 10? - Similar Threads - Laptop running extremely

2. Windows 11 Fresh Install Extremely Slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Fresh Install Extremely Slow: Hello, I have recently installed Windows 11 to my laptop and all the apps and programs are loading really slowly. When I try to open any program I have to wait at least a minute before it initializes and if I minimize it to the tray I have to wait to see the window. I am...
  3. Windows 11 Fresh Install Extremely Slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Fresh Install Extremely Slow: Hello, I have recently installed Windows 11 to my laptop and all the apps and programs are loading really slowly. When I try to open any program I have to wait at least a minute before it initializes and if I minimize it to the tray I have to wait to see the window. I am...
  4. Laptop Has became extremely slow after fresh install of win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Has became extremely slow after fresh install of win10: So my controller was not working on windows 11 because it said driver error so I installed windows 10 again which erased all files and factory reset so my controller now was working perfectly fine now but my game NBA 2k22 on Steam was running much slower than before. I'm...
  5. Laptop Has became extremely slow after fresh install of win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Has became extremely slow after fresh install of win10: So my controller was not working on windows 11 because it said driver error so I installed windows 10 again which erased all files and factory reset so my controller now was working perfectly fine now but my game NBA 2k22 on Steam was running much slower than before. I'm...
  6. Laptop Has became extremely slow after fresh install of win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Fresh install of Windows 10 becomes extremely slow

Fresh install of Windows 10 becomes extremely slow: I have noted that any time i install windows 10 on any PC, The PC becomes extremely slow when connected to the internet. Refreshing the desktop takes around 45 seconds. Opening a program like excel takes around 15 seconds. Typing on the Cortana search bar is also extremely...
  8. Games running extremely slow after re-installing windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games running extremely slow after re-installing windows 10: My PC can run most games at max graphics like Universe Sandbox² and BeamNG drive at a high fps (around 60-100). I upgraded my HDD to a 500G SSD and reinstalled windows 10. I installed and updated all my drivers and any windows updates that needed to be done. However all of my...
  9. Laptop extremely slow after fresh install of Windows 10 v1903

Laptop extremely slow after fresh install of Windows 10 v1903: Hello. I've recently installed Windows 10 v1903 on my Laptop and I've been experiencing general slowness since then. I've tried everything I've found online: - Clean Boot; - Sfc /Scannow; - Disk defragmentation/Cleanup; - Device/Drivers Update; - Disable Fast Startup...
  10. laptop running extremely slow

laptop running extremely slow: The current format of Microsoft 10 running on the laptop is so large that it takes up 90% of the available data of the computer and severely slows it down. Is there a smaller laptop version I can run or a deferent operation IOS that would be more suitable for a computer with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 running slow and freezing www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. windows 10 slow after fresh install

3. after fresh install windows 10 to slow