Windows 10: Laptop Running Inexplicably Slow - Even after Windows 10 Reinstall

Discus and support Laptop Running Inexplicably Slow - Even after Windows 10 Reinstall in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've had this Lenovo Ideapad 710 for about 3 years now, it's always run smoothly. The most pressure I ever put on it is occasionally video editing with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/itismejacobg, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Laptop Running Inexplicably Slow - Even after Windows 10 Reinstall

I've had this Lenovo Ideapad 710 for about 3 years now, it's always run smoothly. The most pressure I ever put on it is occasionally video editing with Adobe Premiere (never any footage over 1080p), and running World of Warcraft at the absolute lowest settings. Outside of those two activities, I primarily use this machine at work, where I'll have 4 or 5 Chrome tabs open, just doing some really basic excel sheet stuff.

Yesterday, I turned my system on and noticed Windows itself is running very, very slowly. Everythings lagging behind. File explorer is taking forever to load up, Chrome is abysmally slow. I tested Warcraft and my average Frame Rate has dropped from 60~ to 10. Even just opening the Windows button in he corner takes like 3-5 seconds??

I tried updating all drivers as well as Windows 10. After resetting, the problem persisted. I decided to do a clean install of Windows 10. After that, it's STILL slow as hell, even after removing a bunch of the Lenovo bloatware, stuff I'd had removed before all this so I know that shouldn't be causing any issues.

I found this thread and tried many of these techniques listed to no avail. Anyone have any idea what might be happening here? Is this a hardware issue? Is my graphics card messed up or something?

submitted by /u/itismejacobg
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/itismejacobg, Feb 1, 2020
  2. Terrypin Win User

Inexplicable restarts

Thanks for your patient help and analysis, zbook. I'll step through some of your suggestions over the next few days - there's a lot to do and some look a bit hairy! That is, for a PC that is working sweetly right now...

Meanwhile, as requested in the BSOD thread (sorry, I misunderstood and posted there by mistake), I've attached both ZIP files.
    --------------------
    One step I did try right away was to answer your question about whether my BIOS is up-to-date. I had no success at the AMI site but did get some info from this commercial site:

Laptop Running Inexplicably Slow - Even after Windows 10 Reinstall [​IMG]

It was one of the '9' (I counted 10) listed here:

Laptop Running Inexplicably Slow - Even after Windows 10 Reinstall [​IMG]

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Terrypin, Feb 1, 2020
  3. marnirao Win User
    Windows 10 Laptop running very slow

hi

this is

I was purchased new laptop, that configuration are as follows:-

Lenovo Ideapad 330

Windows 10 home Single Language

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 - 7130U CPU @ 2.70 GHz

4 GB RAM

1 TB Hard Disk

From the fist day onwards I am trying to use better. But it was running very slow.

I am trying to cleaning the following steps

1. temp

2. %temp%

3. Recent

4. Prefetch

I am cleaning every thing, but booting is taking 3 min time. and running applications is very slow.

I have a PC in my office, it is Pentium Processer, It is running very fast. But I am using original OS, original ms office and tally only, there is no other software using in my laptop.

Laptop Windows 10 is updated up to July 2019. But booting and opening applications is still slow.

kindly suggest me how to open windows 10 with min 30 seconds

marnirao, Feb 1, 2020
  4. Jborg Win User

Laptop Running Inexplicably Slow - Even after Windows 10 Reinstall

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization, Tips and Tricks for your Windows PC

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

Laptop Running Inexplicably Slow - Even after Windows 10 Reinstall

1. Laptop Running Inexplicably Slow - Even after Windows 10 Reinstall - Similar Threads - Laptop Running Inexplicably

2. game running slow after reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game running slow after reinstalling windows: when i play the long drive i have 35-45 fps but when i installed windows again my game is running extremly slowpc 110-15ACL Laptop ideapad - Type 80TJ...
  3. game running slow after reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    game running slow after reinstalling windows: when i play the long drive i have 35-45 fps but when i installed windows again my game is running extremly slowpc 110-15ACL Laptop ideapad - Type 80TJ...
  4. game running slow after reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Laptop slow after reinstalling Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop slow after reinstalling Windows 11: My laptop hp envy x360 was having some problems after a windows 11 update so I reinstalled Windows 11 by going in the settings and rebooting. The problem that I was having have gone but as a whole the laptop has gotten slow. It is only a month old laptop. It is taking 10 15...
  6. Laptop slow after reinstalling Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop slow after reinstalling Windows 11: My laptop hp envy x360 was having some problems after a windows 11 update so I reinstalled Windows 11 by going in the settings and rebooting. The problem that I was having have gone but as a whole the laptop has gotten slow. It is only a month old laptop. It is taking 10 15...
  7. Games running slow after reinstalling the windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games running slow after reinstalling the windows.: Hello. So in november i decided to reinstall my windows to clean up my system and when i started to play the games i played before i realised that the games were running slower than before. I dont know why because i have installed my drivers. The laptop runs perfectly but...
  8. Windows inexplicably slows to a crawl

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows inexplicably slows to a crawl: I've had an issue for a few weeks now where suddenly Windows will slow waaaay down (opening programs, websites refreshing, etc.) I can usually still open task manager and there are no obvious issues (nothing pinned at 100%, no one program that is the apparent culprit). A warm...
  9. My dell laptop running really slow after clean reinstall of windows 10

My dell laptop running really slow after clean reinstall of windows 10: Hey can someone please help me because before this clean install of windows 10 i was able to run minecraft with a smooth amount of fps the fps before was 120-300 and now i am running with 20-34 can someone please help. I want TO SMASH this laptop INTO 2 Pieces can some...
  10. Very slow Windows 10 pro even after reinstall

Very slow Windows 10 pro even after reinstall: Hello, I have bought about one year ago a Dell Inspiron 5559 (intel core I7-6500 U CPU @ 2,50 GHz 2,60 GHz. I bought a Windows 10 Pro license. From the begining the computer was extremely slow, even in the startup phase. I started researching the problem and ended up...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo laptop slow after installing windows version 1903