Windows 10: Laptop running into bootloop due to cd-device

Discus and support Laptop running into bootloop due to cd-device in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hey guys! Some weird things have been going on lately with my laptop. Initially it started with sudden shut downs of the laptop for no reason. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by YasenS, Jan 30, 2018.

1. YasenS Win User

Laptop running into bootloop due to cd-device

Hey guys!

Some weird things have been going on lately with my laptop. Initially it started with sudden shut downs of the laptop for no reason. I later on discovered that my power supply is dying and randomly stops charging (my battery is 3 years old, so it doesn't last). I bought an alternative power supply with matching characteristics, but I noticed from time to time it would stop charging (I thought it is due to overloading of the charger, as it has such protection) and it would result in my laptop shutting itself down. Additionally, whenever I touched the touchpad, the mouse would start moving erratically, until I touch the aluminum surface of the laptop.

Thus, I changed the power supply with an original one. However, the mouse problem still remains, although I can't feel some static electricity with my fingers anymore.

The more major problem is that whenever I shut down my laptop and it tries to boot, the cd-drive makes a noise (which is typical and then it would continue to booting the rest of the components). However, it just stucks on this part and constantly makes this noise and it doesn't boot. If I try opening up the cd-drive, it wouldn't open. Thus, I tried opening it up manually with a pin, as it has one of those holes (just like you eject the nano sim from an IPhone, you need a pin). It would stop the noise, but the laptop would still be in the bootloop.

The only workaround I found is to remove battery and power supply and let it sit like that for a couple of minutes. Afterwards when I boot it, it would make that cd-drive noise probably twice and then continue booting the system.

Here is a video with the problem. That noise in the beginning that repeats twice is what you hear when the bootloop is present, except it repeats indefinitely.
    [youtube]2NMYEq8cJoc[/youtube]

I tried to give you as much context and information as possible, but ask if something is unclear.

P.S
    I updated my drivers, but it didn't work.

My specifications are in my profile.

:)

YasenS, Jan 30, 2018

2. unable to access any part of windows 10 stuck in boot loop due to blue screen of death virus ndistpr64.sys

i am thinking too forward for this to be possible...it would make sense to me that there would be a way to fix a pc running windows10 using an android device running android 7?

pc stuck in bootloop due to ndistpr64.sys blue screen of death virus? by downloading fix to sd card then forcing an install during bootloop?

my trinity, Jan 30, 2018
  3. 10130 bootloop

Have tried 10130 earlier, with only the already known bootloop as a result. And spent lots of time to reinstall 10122 several times.

But yesterday the laptop auto-updated from 10122 to 10130 in slowring.... so now the pc is useless again - bootloop....

It's a Lenovo 3000-n200, with no options in Bios to change, only to diagnostic boot, but that changes nothing.

Maybe W10 is not for all old devices, which is dissappointing because it worked excellent on the N200 until 10130.

speedtriple99, Jan 30, 2018
  4. Laptop running into bootloop due to cd-device

Can you please disconnect CD/DVD drive from laptop to find out if its causing the boot issue.

• Remove the battery.
    • Turn over your laptop and remove the screw that secures the CD/DVD drive to the laptop.
    • Using a small, non-metallic tool, press on the rear edge of the CD/DVD drive to free the CD/DVD drive from its connector.
    • Remove the CD/DVD drive

FreeBooter, Jan 30, 2018
  5. Welcome to the Forums YasenS!

Have you changed the Boot sequence at any time? As FreeBooter suggests It DOES sound like a possibly broken/defective CD drive due to the static discharge you mentioned. You also mention changing chargers, is the connection secure? By this I mean snug and not wiggly. It really shouldn't be messing with Boot much if any is the reason I asked about if you had changed the Boot sequence at any point. If so, I would suggest going into your Bios and checking that you have your boot sequence set to whatever drive you have your OS on, typically "C".

indianacarnie, Jan 30, 2018
  6. YasenS Win User
    Sorry for the late reply!

So, I removed the cd-drive, but that didn't fix the problem at all. I have changed boot sequences to install windows before. However, right now I can't get to boot, as the laptop is just stuck at the repetitive noise the cd drive makes. Without the cd drive it just stood with no screen on, no keyboard lights lit (basically the same, apart from the missing cd drive noise).

YasenS, Feb 15, 2018
  7. zbook New Member
    The video displayed that the video is unavailable.

Please run the beta log collector at the boot of this webpage and a post a zip into this thread:
    BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums

1) Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    2) sfc /scannow
    3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    4) chkdsk /scan
    5) powercfg.exe /hibernate off
    6) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread

7) msconfig (in the pop up system configuration > move the dot from normal startup to selective startup > uncheck load startup items > click service tab > in left lower corner check hide all Microsoft services > in the lower right side click disable all > click apply or ok > do not reboot)

8) taskmgr (in the pop up task manager > click on the start up tab > click on status so that the column sorts with enable rising to the top > right click on each row with enable and change to disable)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...oot-in-windows
    How to perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 - TechNet Articles - United States (English) - TechNet Wiki
    9) shutdown /s
    8) report into the thread whether you were able to shutdown with the above changes.

zbook, Feb 17, 2018
  8. YasenS Win User

Here are steps 1 to 6:

Here is also the ZIP file: Dropbox - DESKTOP-QHQ51BM-18-Feb-18_133625_03.zip

I'll do the rest of the steps and report back.

Thanks!

P.S
    I have also changed the privacy settings of the video, so you should be able to see it.

P.P.S
    I was able to shut down, but when I tried to turn it on, the same problem occured. I have estimated I should wait around 20 minutes without trying to turn it on, in order for the laptop to turn on.

YasenS, Feb 17, 2018
  9. YasenS Win User
    Another problem I noticed when I click restart (not shut down). It would start restarting, the screen would go black, but then it would stay black until I turn it off manually. While this is happening the fan starts working really hard and the screen stays off.

YasenS, Feb 17, 2018
  10. YasenS Win User
    Another update....

So the screen became a bit fuzzly, then turned green and then became fuzzly again. These problems seem to come out of nowhere...

YasenS, Feb 17, 2018
  11. zbook New Member
    Forum Rules - Windows 10 Help Forums
    See rule #4 piracy
    Code:
    • No piracy or discussion of piracy allowed at all. Such as software, music, videos and other intellectual property violations (e.g. downloading youtube videos locally etc) - it is forum policy that no help shall be given to people who knowingly steal software or services.
    [/quote] Adobe products.

zbook, Feb 17, 2018
  12. YasenS Win User
    Here is the requested file:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/rblcdeyfnz...30%29.zip?dl=0

Regarding the Adobe Products, I could delete them if it causes such trouble. I needed them for a project long time ago and I don't really use them. In fact, Paint would satisfy my needs as I really only crop nowadays.

Would that be alright?

P.S
    I opened up my laptop to check if all the connections are fixed. I also cleaned the fan (not that it was dirty, but since i had opened it...). Now the display issue seems to be gone (I tried restarting it before, but the issue remained, so it wasn't the restart). The other issues remain.

YasenS, Feb 18, 2018
  13. zbook New Member

There was also software used to bypass the activation of Microsoft products.
    If you uninstall all piracy software that should comply with the rules to receive help.

zbook, Feb 18, 2018
  14. YasenS Win User
    I genuinely can't afford to buy windows, but I need an operating system I can work with. Can u at least tell me if its a software or hardware issue?

YasenS, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop running into bootloop due to cd-device - Similar Threads - Laptop running bootloop

2. laptop stuck in bootloop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop stuck in bootloop: After upgrading to Windows 11, I didn't really like it so I decided to go back to Windows 10, after I thought everything was going okay, it gave me a bluescreen, I thought nothing of it since it restarted and seemed to go back to what it was doing, and then it did it again,...
  3. laptop stuck in bootloop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop stuck in bootloop: After upgrading to Windows 11, I didn't really like it so I decided to go back to Windows 10, after I thought everything was going okay, it gave me a bluescreen, I thought nothing of it since it restarted and seemed to go back to what it was doing, and then it did it again,...
  4. Windows 11 laptop stuck in bootloop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 laptop stuck in bootloop: Hello,I recently factory reset my windows 11 laptop. The resetting process was fine but the updating process after the reset stopped at 59 percent and restarted my laptop. But that led to a bootloop with the "inaccessable boot device" error. I tried everything I konw to get...
  5. Bootloop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bootloop: installing and uninstalling programs on my new pc, the next day it went into a boot loop of death with a variety of codes.I've tried reinstalling windows on top, blue screen as its getting the files ready between 8-16%Tried with a new ssd becuase i thought it was corrupted...
  6. Bootloop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bootloop: HelloWhenever i turn on my pc i face a bootloop unless i repeatedly press F8 key. I dont know if it is a hardware problem or software. Whenever i press F8 it boots normal. If i dont press F8 it would just show the windows icon and not bootup....
  7. Bootloop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bootloop: Dear smart people of reddit, I need your dire support because foolish little me decided to download a shady file from the web. Told me to update a few drivers and now it's stuck In a bootloop, telling me "system thread exception not handled". It then proceeds to an hp screen...
  8. Laptop Goes into Bootloop on Uninstalling Updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop Goes into Bootloop on Uninstalling Updates: I wanted to make some space on my ASUS notebook so decided to uninstall Windows updates. After it was done, I rebooted the laptop. But it did not boot up and went into a boot loop. Please help me get windows back on my machine. submitted by /u/avadhootk20 [link]...
  9. Bootloop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bootloop: My computer is stuck in a loop where i cant boot up properly. Ive been getting the bad system config error. Ive looked up a couple of different fixes but none of them seem to work. There is one solution ive seen involving using the bootrec command in prompt but i cant seem to...
  10. New Laptop running slow due to windows updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Laptop running slow due to windows updates: Kia Ora I recently bought a HP 14 068au laptop ...It runs really slow...I contacted hp support who check it out and said it was a windows update problem, so I contacted Microsoft and they can't seem to fix it...Is this pro common w ith hpnew laptops and windows updates ? If...