Windows 10: Laptop running poorly for gaming

Discus and support Laptop running poorly for gaming in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; An update for Geforce and Windows came about, so I updated them both and restarted my laptop. I went to play some games afterwards then suddenly I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SkeyeHunter, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Laptop running poorly for gaming

An update for Geforce and Windows came about, so I updated them both and restarted my laptop. I went to play some games afterwards then suddenly I noticed a major frame drop issue... What I did was I checked to see if my drivers are up to date (which they are), checked my memory (Half full or less usually), checked my power mode (high performance), checked the graphic settings in games (had them at the lowest settings), completely restarted my pc, reinstalled drivers, troubleshooting and a bunch more.. I'm not sure what had happened to my laptop. For example, I used to get 80+ frames for GTA V almost full graphics and now I'm at the lowest graphic settings with 12FPS or less. MC I had ~100FPS and now a solid 60FPS or less. I can't any other solutions to my problem so my final decision is asking here.

Laptop Specs:

Type: ASUS ROG Notebook

Intel Core i7-7700
    Ram: 16 GB

System Type: 64-bit
    Running Windows 10 (since purchase)
    Geforce GTX 1050

:)

SkeyeHunter, Apr 13, 2019

2. E65 - Some games run poorly

Hey on my e65 a lot of the 3d games run poorly, as in they lag and it makes them a pain to play.

Does this happen with everyone or is it just my phone?

Any way to fix it?

Thanks

joe123---01, Apr 13, 2019
  3. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/Home

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Apr 13, 2019
  4. Laptop running poorly for gaming

Unable to run a game on Windows 10.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

- When you say 'ive tried troubleshooting', what are you referring to?

- Did you check in compatibility mode?

I suggest to run the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the ‘Setup’ icon for the game and click on properties.

• Under Compatibility tab, check the option for ‘Run in Compatibility mode’.

• Select Windows 8.1 from the drop down list.

• Click on Apply and then OK.

Please revert with all the necessary information and we will be happy to help you.

Guru Kiran G, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

Laptop running poorly for gaming

1. Laptop running poorly for gaming - Similar Threads - Laptop running poorly

2. HP Laptop Poor Performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Laptop Poor Performance: I have come into possession of an HP G62 laptop, probably 10 years old at least running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. It has an AMD Athlon II P320 dual core processor 2.10 GHz with 3 GB RAM.I've removed everything non-essential and performance is still abysmal. Any program...
  3. HP Laptop Poor Performance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Laptop Poor Performance: I have come into possession of an HP G62 laptop, probably 10 years old at least running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. It has an AMD Athlon II P320 dual core processor 2.10 GHz with 3 GB RAM.I've removed everything non-essential and performance is still abysmal. Any program...
  4. laptop battery poor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop battery poor: my laptop battery is poor, and i already order a new battery. but the battery arrived about 4 more days. so do i can still use it or you dont recommend to use it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-battery-poor/0a6576dc-fb93-4454-96da-856115144853
  5. Laptop not running games as it should.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop not running games as it should.: So around 2018 I first bought this laptop from best buy, and for the whole year, it was working great up until I would say middle of 2019. Every single game I played would constantly stutter, by that I mean for the first couple of minutes while I was playing the game I would...
  6. Why some old games run poorly in win 10 ?!!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why some old games run poorly in win 10 ?!!!!: I tried Crysis 3 in both win 10 and win 8.1 . In 8.1 the game run much better 170 FPS but in win 10 stock at 64 for some reason. View Poll submitted by /u/Medium_Web6083 [link] [comments]...
  7. Games running Poorly.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Games running Poorly.: Ever since the latest update, games that were once running smoothly (60-120fps) are now struggling to get to 40-30fps. I was on the phone all day yesterday with Nividia and of course they say the problem is with the windows update. I’ve rolled my drivers back twice, same...
  8. Poor performance in games in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Poor performance in games in Windows 10: Hello. I have switched to Windows 10 after a complete installation including activation and latest updates (1809 version) but the problem is it is not providing the performance i deserve. I am only getting 60 to 80 fps in Csgo and major fps drops in other games including...
  9. Poor sound on Game Player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Poor sound on Game Player: I sometimes use the Win 10 Game Player to record on line videos but the sound is always crackly and indistinct. Is there a specific driver for this as I've not dealt with it before ? Thanks...
  10. Poor game performance on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Poor game performance on Windows 10: Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 back when it launched in August 2015, gaming and everything was fine for me, games and apps. I was satisfied with the upgrade. However, sometime around the November or the Anniversary Update, I noticed that games that easily pull off 30 or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. csgo running poorly