Windows 10: Laptop running slower & slower

Discus and support Laptop running slower & slower in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Toshiba S75-A7270 with a 700Gb Hard drive with only 164GB used and 8Gb memory. Running Windows 10 build 17134. It has an intel i5-3230M... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EdithNash, Jun 13, 2019.

1. EdithNash Win User

Laptop running slower & slower

I have a Toshiba S75-A7270 with a 700Gb Hard drive with only 164GB used and 8Gb memory. Running Windows 10 build 17134. It has an intel i5-3230M processor. Bios version is 2.7 and Bios mode is UEFI. This machine has been getting slower and slower. It boots up slowly and once booted up, it doesn't perform as it should, especially if I have multiple windows open. When in Outlook, for example, I can compose a message and when I click on send, the App greys out with an Outlook is not responding message. If I just wait a couple of minutes, it comes back online and sends the message. Same thing for word and saving documents. It even affects access to the internet and takes a while to go to the requested site. I have run scans for viruses, etc. and have run Chkdsk and done defrag's but it doesn't help. I also ran troubleshooter which did find some indexing errors and fixed them.

I would appreciate any suggestions on what else to do. Thank you.

:)

EdithNash, Jun 13, 2019

2. Game run slower on win10 1803 build.

Hi.

I own dell Vostro 5568 Intel(R) Core(TM) I5-7200U CPU 2.5 GHz 2.7GHz

SSD 255GB and Intel HD 520 - NVIDIA 940MX.

since the last windows update a game I play started to run slower and when I say slower I mean like the character movements are slower like an fps drop.

I got all the updates from dell site also for my graphic card.

I optimized my win10 to max performance.

i added the game to the list in Nvidia control panel and made it to run for performance only.

Power Settings are on Performance as well but game still run slower. it did run better on the 1709 build but I can't go back since I made fresh install of the 1803 build.

any suggestions?

game called mu online.

or hoshkover, Jun 13, 2019
  3. My laptop is becoming slower and slower

I've had a Lenovo ideapad 110 for about 2 years. It seems to be getting slower and slower: start up, browsing, saving anything are all getting slower. We're connected to the NBN and our internet provider is Telstra. I don't seem to have any control over
    what Microsoft and Lenovo add or change. I used to login with a 6 digit PIN, now I have to use my Hotmail password, a change which occurred with no warning or consultation. When did we lose control over even the most basic functions of our computers? Is it
    all this additional junk that keeps appearing that is slowing things down? How can I check what the problem might be? I'd really appreciate some advice. I mainly use my laptop for browsing and to use Word, Exce, PowerPoint and iTunes.

Sabreena_2101, Jun 13, 2019
  4. Laptop running slower & slower

Windows 10 getting slower and slower per day.

Hi Microsoft...

I updated my pc running on windows 7 to windows 10 but after a few days of upgrading, it is getting slower and slower. It's not an issue of virus in my pc. According to the November update, my pc should run 30% faster, but it has become slower, a lot slower
    than before. I need help on this issue as I'm a big fan of Microsoft and it's technology.

Thank you in advance...

AgamBhatia, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

Laptop running slower & slower

1. Laptop running slower & slower - Similar Threads - Laptop running slower

2. Laptop crashing and slower

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop crashing and slower: Good day to the person on other side of screen,I have hp victus 15-fb0xxx with specsAMD Ryzen 75800H with radeon graphics8x2 gb ram512gb ssdNvidia Geforce Rtx 3050 Ti laptop gpuWindows 11About three days ago, my laptop was left ideal like usual but it crashed and went to blue...
  3. Laptop crashing and slower

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop crashing and slower: Good day to the person on other side of screen,I have hp victus 15-fb0xxx with specsAMD Ryzen 75800H with radeon graphics8x2 gb ram512gb ssdNvidia Geforce Rtx 3050 Ti laptop gpuWindows 11About three days ago, my laptop was left ideal like usual but it crashed and went to blue...
  4. Windows 10 running slower

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 running slower: I am using the windows 10 version 1903 , but i doubt if i am really using it because it has become so slow , similar to an older version.Whenever i close my laptop leaving some files open and again open it later its like the computer freezes and nothing operates ,especially...
  5. laptop slower on battery

laptop slower on battery: specs: ryzen 5 4600h 8gb ram nvidea 1650 mobile gpu my laptop is running games at locked 30fps on battery, i have all settings in windows set to max performance but it wont do anything. is this something to do with the graphics driver there isnt anything else i can...
  6. My laptop runs slower when plugged in

My laptop runs slower when plugged in: About a year ago, my laptop started running considerably slower when plugged in to power when running games that were running perfectly fine earlier. I've tried going to other people's similar posts on this issue, but nothing I've tried has worked, and I'm finally at the...
  7. system running slower then usual

in Windows 10 Customization
    system running slower then usual: I have done every thing but it still runs slow in opening anything programs and internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-running-slower-then-usual/df0bba06-a589-4e6a-a4ff-d9c4bb3456a0
  8. Laptop running slower while charging

Laptop running slower while charging: My new laptop, acer aspire e15 runs fine when unplugged, but when plugged, it goes really slow. I have it set on max settings on battery (but if you have any ideas that I might have not done, tell me), and I use the charger that came with the laptop. Is there anyway to stop...
  9. My laptop is becoming slower and slower

My laptop is becoming slower and slower: I've had a Lenovo ideapad 110 for about 2 years. It seems to be getting slower and slower: start up, browsing, saving anything are all getting slower. We're connected to the NBN and our internet provider is Telstra. I don't seem to have any control over what Microsoft and...
  10. Boot time is getting slower and slower

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot time is getting slower and slower: I built my latest PC and upgraded the Windows 10 Home 32 bit to 64 bit back in December. I have 32GB RAM and have an I7 processor. My boot times continue to get slower and slower the past several months. I have googled solutions and tried many including booting into safe (no...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop getting slower and slower hp