Windows 10: Laptop running slowly

Discus and support Laptop running slowly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop is getting very slow. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-running-slowly/7dd93db5-2ab3-44fa-ae5b-d3239eb003a9 Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HughPearson2, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Laptop running slowly

My laptop is getting very slow.

:)

HughPearson2, Aug 20, 2019

2. Laptop freezing and running slowly when on Netflix

Hi Beccafay,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that you are facing this issue.

Unplug all external devices connected to the computer and restart the computer to check if that helps.

I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the computer and then sign in to the admin account to check if this helps. Ensure to install any pending updates on the computer and remember to restart the system.

The “System Maintenance” Troubleshooter is an automated tool which checks for the common maintenance tasks on Windows. Try using the System Maintenance troubleshooter to automatically find and fix problems. Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.

• In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.

• Click on “System Maintenance”.

• Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.

• Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Aug 20, 2019
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Aug 20, 2019
  4. BlackOwl Win User

Laptop running slowly

Windows running slowly in specific situations

Over the last few days (since maybe Thursday but definitely Friday) my Win10 machine has been running slowly in certain situations. The programs iTunes, GSAK, and Unreal Tournament 2004 run slowly in general, much slower than my new hardware has been able to output since I bought it less than two months ago. Other programs are substantially slower than normal to load, but act quite fine once they've been loaded (Sid Meier's Civilization V and Overwatch are two notable exmaples - they take up to six times longer to load than they did this time last week). The change was sudden but not noticeable straightaway.

One further change I've noticed is that whenever I go to shut down or reboot the computer, it tells me it's "Getting Windows ready" despite there being no updates to my knowledge. It tends to hang on that screen for some time before it actually shuts down or reboots - I'm not sure how long it takes as I often lose patience and go and do something else, but it's more than expected.

Steps I've already tried:
    • rebooting
    • antivirus scan
    • uninstalling programs I've installed within the last week
    • rolling back Windows updates (which I've found to be basically impossible)
    • cleaning up the fullest hard drive (I've more than doubled the free space on it)
    • updating my video card drivers
    • defragging all three hard drives

Any ideas?

BlackOwl, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

Laptop running slowly

1. Laptop running slowly - Similar Threads - Laptop running slowly

2. Windows 10 is suddenly running slowly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 is suddenly running slowly: My laptops has always been fast but in the last few days its suddenly run much slower. I haven't downloaded anything so i don't what it could be. Can someone please help me?...
  3. Windows 10 is running slowly

Windows 10 is running slowly: Windows 10 runs sooo slowly. Is there anyone who can help with instructions for 2019? I've checked the community but all the links for the same problem are for windows 8 or are too old to be relevant. Microsoft jargon is not plain English and for those of us with a brain yet...
  4. Laptop charging too slowly

Laptop charging too slowly: I charged my laptop overnight and it only went up to 51%. I charged it again and it went down to 50%. There have been no recent changes that would explain why this is happening. The laptop is a Lenovo Yoga 710-11IKB....
  5. Windows 10 is running very slowly.

Windows 10 is running very slowly.: HOw do I speed up Window s 10? Are there files I need to remove? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-is-running-very-slowly/2ab1c823-577b-4d2b-be05-e8ec6b9ddde2
  6. Computer running slowly!

Computer running slowly!: Computer running slowly! Help.please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-running-slowly/248bdea5-802c-4d61-9f6f-369facab8e85
  7. Laptop running slowly intermintently

Laptop running slowly intermintently: My Dell Precision M6800 with Windows 10 upgrade running on a Samsung 860 mSATA 250GB has started to run veeerrrryyyy sloooowwwwwllllllyyyyy. It will run fine for days or weeks at a time and then for no reason that I can see, it will then take ages to boot up and it then runs...
  8. Internet Running Very Slowly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Running Very Slowly: I've been going back and forth with my isp for a while now. trying to troubleshoot issues with my service. For a while it was truly their faults, going through updates and having down time in my area, just an overall loss of internet and throttling internet. I have since...
  9. Windows Explorer running slowly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Explorer running slowly: My partner's computer is having a problem with Windows Explorer running slowly and poorly. It's been happening for nearly a month, she ascribes the timing of symptoms beginning to show to the same time she installed some new software. I'm not totally convinced as I've had a...
  10. Windows running slowly in specific situations

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows running slowly in specific situations: Over the last few days (since maybe Thursday but definitely Friday) my Win10 machine has been running slowly in certain situations. The programs iTunes, GSAK, and Unreal Tournament 2004 run slowly in general, much slower than my new hardware has been able to output since I...