Windows 10: Laptop running very slowly after restart

Discus and support Laptop running very slowly after restart in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I reset my laptop and now it is running much slower than before.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MacenH, Jun 22, 2021.

1. MacenH Win User

Laptop running very slowly after restart

I reset my laptop and now it is running much slower than before.

:)

MacenH, Jun 22, 2021

2. Laptop freezing and running slowly when on Netflix

Hi Beccafay,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that you are facing this issue.

Unplug all external devices connected to the computer and restart the computer to check if that helps.

I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the computer and then sign in to the admin account to check if this helps. Ensure to install any pending updates on the computer and remember to restart the system.

The “System Maintenance” Troubleshooter is an automated tool which checks for the common maintenance tasks on Windows. Try using the System Maintenance troubleshooter to automatically find and fix problems. Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.

• In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.

• Click on “System Maintenance”.

• Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.

• Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jun 22, 2021
  3. Windows Explorer running slowly

Please disconnect all connected devices to find out problem resolves if it does not perform a clean boot state.

I would like to have you run a Clean Boot.

How to perform a Clean Boot.

Warning: Disabling items in Services or Startup may leave your antivirus disabled until the process is ended. For this reason I would suggest that you perform this process off line.

Press the
    Laptop running very slowly after restart 7W6b39o.png
    keys to open Run, then type msconfig in the search box. This will open System Configuration.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, you should enter the password or provide confirmation.

(1) Click/tap on the General tab.

(2) Click/tap on the Selective startup option.

(3) Remove the check mark in the Load startup items check box.

Laptop running very slowly after restart 0JgaJnG.png

4. Click on the Services tab.

5. Place a check mark in the Hide all Microsoft services check box, this will remove the Microsoft Services from the list but will still be running.

6. Click Disable all, this will remove all of the check marks in the Services list.

Laptop running very slowly after restart yIKrmLs.png

7. Click on Apply then OK

Laptop running very slowly after restart ljHR4ZW.png

Click on Restart in the window that opens.

When the computer is restarted it will boot normally.

If the problem does not continue after the restart please do the following.

8. Divide the number of these services and startup programs by two and you place checks in the first half of these, then restart the computer.

9. If the problem doesn't return in those services and startup programs remove the checks and place checks in the remaining services and startup programs and restart the computer.

10. When you find which half the service and startup programs is in go on to the next step.

11. The half which has the service and startup programs causing this problem remove half of the checks as you did previously to see which half has this service. Restart the computer.

12. If it isn't in the first half of these services and startup programs, do the same with the last half of the services and startup programs.

13. Once you have narrowed it down to the last three or four services and startup programs remove the checks one at a time till you find the service or startup program at fault.

Once you have found the service or startup program post it in your topic. Do not take any action until I suggest the next step.

FreeBooter, Jun 22, 2021
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Laptop running very slowly after restart :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Laptop running very slowly after restart - Similar Threads - Laptop running very

2. computer is running very slowly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer is running very slowly: since I have updated my computer to windows 11 the computer is very slow, for example: To come to this site to write this question I have been 5 minutes to load firefox. Or also for example I have opened spotify and it has taken between 2 and 3 minutes for the window to...
  3. computer is running very slowly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer is running very slowly: since I have updated my computer to windows 11 the computer is very slow, for example: To come to this site to write this question I have been 5 minutes to load firefox. Or also for example I have opened spotify and it has taken between 2 and 3 minutes for the window to...
  4. Dell Windows 10 laptop running very--VERY--slowly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Windows 10 laptop running very--VERY--slowly: I run Windows 10 on a Dell laptop. For the last few days, the machine has been running extremely slowly, and I can't figure out why. I'm running my usual load--Mail, Firefox, TuneIn, and the occasional Libre Office Writer. I haven't made any changes to my system, and I can't...
  5. Dell Windows 10 laptop running very--VERY--slowly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell Windows 10 laptop running very--VERY--slowly: I run Windows 10 on a Dell laptop. For the last few days, the machine has been running extremely slowly, and I can't figure out why. I'm running my usual load--Mail, Firefox, TuneIn, and the occasional Libre Office Writer. I haven't made any changes to my system, and I can't...
  6. Dell Windows 10 laptop running very--VERY--slowly

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. laptop is sleeping very slowly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    laptop is sleeping very slowly: whenever i close the laptop lid , it goes to sleep after 3-4 minutes , in between that if i open the lid again it will not wake up untill it goes to sleep. my specsacer nitro 5 2021ryzen 5 4600h16gb ram256 gb m.2 ssdgtx 1650ti...
  8. After BSOD, one app running very slowly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After BSOD, one app running very slowly: Hi all. I had to recover my PC after BSOD and everything seems fine except 1 program in particular which is running crazily slow to the point it’s unusable. Meanwhile other, larger programs like 3dsmax are running fine. The program in question is Materialze by bounding box....
  9. SSD running very slowly ...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD running very slowly ...: Good p.m. I have an Intel NUC mini computer with an HP SSD S700 500GB solid state drive running Windows 10. When I check the "Driver Fine Details" is shows the SSD driver provider to be Microsoft. I recently installed the version 20H2 update. I am streaming video, buffering...
  10. Internet Running Very Slowly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Running Very Slowly: I've been going back and forth with my isp for a while now. trying to troubleshoot issues with my service. For a while it was truly their faults, going through updates and having down time in my area, just an overall loss of internet and throttling internet. I have since...