Windows 10: Laptop running Windows 10 does not recognize built-in webcam.

Discus and support Laptop running Windows 10 does not recognize built-in webcam. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop running Windows 10 does not recognize its built-in webcam. The manufacturer says Windows 10 provides whatever drivers are needed. In the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Coriolanus, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Laptop running Windows 10 does not recognize built-in webcam.

My laptop running Windows 10 does not recognize its built-in webcam. The manufacturer says Windows 10 provides whatever drivers are needed. In the meantime I can't use my webcam. Any solutions offered will be gratefully received.

:)

Coriolanus, Apr 2, 2020
  2. WiIfred P Win User

install webcam on msi laptop

Hi 1papertiger,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor, an expert with Windows 10 and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I understand your concern about installing webcam on MSI laptops.

Most laptops have a built-in webcam on it, If it's not working, there's a problem with the driver or settings of it.

Step1: I request you to check for Hidden Devices in Device Manager. Please refer to these steps:

a. On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.

b. Click on View and select Show Hidden Devices.

c. Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.

d. If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select Update Driver Software.

e. Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.

Step 2: Run the hardware troubleshooter and check if you receive any error messages.

a. On the desktop, press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.

b. Click on it and click on Hardware and Sound.

c. Click on Hardware and Devices and follow the prompted steps.

If the laptop doesn't have a built-in webcam on it, you would need to purchase an external webcam, plug it on your laptop and driver will download automatically.

I hope my suggestions help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Wilfred P.

Independent Advisor

WiIfred P, Apr 2, 2020
  3. Dell 2350 Win 10 Built In Webcam is not recognized

Hi,

If the webcam is not recognized even after trying the above steps, then I suggest you to contact the manufacturer support website for a
    driver software compatible with Windows 10 for the Webcam as I couldn’t find any driver software compatible with Windows 10 for the Webcam.

Click on the below link to go to Dell support.

Support | Dell Deutschland

Let us know if you have any queries in the future, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Apr 2, 2020
  4. Laptop running Windows 10 does not recognize built-in webcam.

Windows 10 does not recognize HP laptop webcam

Hi Carl,

I realize that webcam is not getting recognized on your HP laptop with Windows 10. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Do you see the web cam listed in Device Manager?

• Have you installed all pending updates and also updated all device drivers on the pc?

• What is the error message you get while trying to access the webcam?

Suggest you to run the hardware troubleshooter and restart the computer to check if this helps.

• Press “Windows key + X” to click on “Control Panel”.

• Click on “Troubleshooting” and click on “View all”.

Click on “Hardware and Devices” to run the troubleshooter. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if this helps.

Review Windows Update. The Windows Update service is a key item to review. Windows Update may have updated drivers available that may be relevant to your current issue. Many times, updated drivers are listed in the "Optional" section of Windows Update.
    Install any pending updates on the pc to check if that helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

Laptop running Windows 10 does not recognize built-in webcam.

1. Laptop running Windows 10 does not recognize built-in webcam. - Similar Threads - Laptop running does

2. Windows not recognizing webcam or built-in laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows not recognizing webcam or built-in laptop: I've had an issue with my built in camera on my Dell XPS13 laptop since I bought it. It would not recognize the built-in camera and I took my laptop to get it fixed and they told me they couldn't fix it because it was a driver or OS incompatibility.I bought a webcam Logitech...
  3. Windows not recognizing webcam or built-in laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not recognizing webcam or built-in laptop: I've had an issue with my built in camera on my Dell XPS13 laptop since I bought it. It would not recognize the built-in camera and I took my laptop to get it fixed and they told me they couldn't fix it because it was a driver or OS incompatibility.I bought a webcam Logitech...
  4. Windows not recognizing webcam or built-in laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. built in webcam

built in webcam: i have a laptop and my built in webcam has stopped working . i can see them but they cant see me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/built-in-webcam/7d4fff1a-4c6e-4ad5-95d7-262cce5b1a1d
  6. Windows Hello on laptop with built in IR webcam

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Hello on laptop with built in IR webcam: So I have a Latitude 7300 with an IR camera and Windows Hello is awesome. However, I dock my laptop when I am at work and also have an IR webcam mounted on my monitor. Is there a way to disable the built in webcam when plugged into the dock but re-enable it when I undock? I...
  7. HP Laptop built-in webcam recognized but not working in Windows 10

HP Laptop built-in webcam recognized but not working in Windows 10: Hi, Trying to help out a friend who has a HP 17-by0053c laptop that was given to him. It is approx 2 yrs old. No software discs came with the laptop. Running Win10 Home. Summary: There is a built-in webcam that appears in device manager, and passes HP diagnostics but does...
  8. No Built-In Laptop Webcam Detected

No Built-In Laptop Webcam Detected: Hi. I have been encountering problems with my Lenovo G40-70 laptop webcam after installing Windows 10 1903 on it. The webcam's driver and the section Imaging devices are missing in Device Manager, but however, I notice the Unknown USB Device (Device Descript Request Failed)...
  9. built in webcam

built in webcam: I need to install my laptop camera, the icon has vanished. I uninstalled the programme as there were two apps operating and the camera would not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/built-in-webcam/e0d742de-7d80-434d-a164-dd5530fceb74
  10. built in webcam

built in webcam: I need to install my laptop camera, the icon has vanished. I uninstalled the programme as there were two apps operating and the camera would not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/built-in-webcam/e0d742de-7d80-434d-a164-dd5530fceb74