Windows 10: Laptop running Windows 10 refuses to update

Discus and support Laptop running Windows 10 refuses to update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, I have an HP Envy running Windows 10, but I have stopped using it for a while since I repaired my desktop PC. I have started using it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by suprrk, Feb 23, 2020.

1. suprrk Win User

Laptop running Windows 10 refuses to update

Hi all,

I have an HP Envy running Windows 10, but I have stopped using it for a while since I repaired my desktop PC. I have started using it again since I am going to be away from my desktop for a while but it refuses to update at all.

Laptop running Windows 10 refuses to update c4f8c500-71a9-4706-ba83-a5207fcafa3b?upload=true.png

This continuously comes up on my PC, and I'm unable to use external storage since I don't own any. So I deleted as much as I can from what it suggested and...

Laptop running Windows 10 refuses to update 0746ca86-d91a-4017-96e9-2778e68da180?upload=true.png

... every time I refresh it goes up?! I deleted so much, and also I'm sure this is more than enough space for the update. Laptop running Windows 10 refuses to update 6f982bab-e58c-4ca2-9adb-fd0676bc970e?upload=true.png

Currently, I have Windows Update trying to update things but I think last time I tried that it just stopped working and never updated. It also tells me often that the PC has no updates and then tries to update again.

Laptop running Windows 10 refuses to update 51c10c15-b1bd-43e7-b36f-b58f5ec1d603?upload=true.png

I'll update this once I see where Windows Update gets to, but does anyone have any idea why it's doing this? My PC hasn't been updated since I think 2019 autumn so... It's really out of date lol.

:)

suprrk, Feb 23, 2020
  2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Feb 23, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 23, 2020
  4. Laptop running Windows 10 refuses to update

Laptop running Windows 10 keeps freezing

Hi,

Since you already tried several troubleshooting steps, such us running a hardware diagnostic test on all hardware components, checked the system files, updated all drivers, and as well the BIOS, then this is perhaps an issue with the laptop itself. Now,
    to isolate what is causing performance issues on your laptop, we suggest that you perform a factory reset, then check if it's the same. To perform the suggest step, please refer to this article:

Recovery options in Windows 10.

If the issue persists after performing the suggested step, contact the laptop manufacturer to have it replaced.

Let us know the outcome.

Marque Lor, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

Laptop running Windows 10 refuses to update

1. Laptop running Windows 10 refuses to update - Similar Threads - Laptop running refuses

2. windows 10 refuses to update 0x800707e7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 refuses to update 0x800707e7: I had this problem for so long i dont know what to do anymore. I tried many fixes except for unnistaling nvidia drivers. I dont want to unnistall stuff unless i really have to. Is there way to fix this error code without wiping personal data ? While searching community i...
  3. Windows 10 Refusing to run EXE's Permission Error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Refusing to run EXE's Permission Error: Hello, I'm currently expierencing Windows 10 permission errors when I try to run EXE files on an Administrator L3, "Admin" not the ACTUAL Administrator account account.The same error occurs in the built-in administrator account, which is enanled by running "net user...
  4. Windows 10 laptop refuses to restore

Windows 10 laptop refuses to restore: Hi, I realise that this question has been asked a lot but all of the solutions suggested don't work for me. I have a HP laptop with Windows 10 that I want to restore to factory settings to sell. I have tried the usual 'reset this PC' through the control panel which...
  5. Outlook refuses to run after latest update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook refuses to run after latest update: My computer updated last night and now Outlook refuses to open. I tried running it as an admin, I checked to make sure updates went through--they hadn't so I redid the update, and now Outlook still refuses to open. I can't even get it open to run the troubleshooter. It...
  6. Surface Laptop 2 refuses to update

Surface Laptop 2 refuses to update: Hi, My surface laptop 2 has been refusing to update for a month now. [ATTACH] I've run the troubleshooter. It detected the issue and it said that it fixed it but nothing changed and I cannot update at all Any help would be appreciated!...
  7. Windows refused to run programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows refused to run programs: Hi, Today I can't run certain programs when i clicked them from the task bar such as the Firefox browser. There was a text box message that said "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe.' Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again"...
  8. Windows 10 S refuses to run driver updates programs from manufacturer!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 S refuses to run driver updates programs from manufacturer!: I want to update the most recent device drivers for my small laptop (notebook with only 28 GB hard-disk storage total; around 10 GB free space) from the manufacturer's web site (ASUS) for Windows 10 (with the proper model number) but after downloading them (one by one),...
  9. Windows 10 refuses to update to 1903.

Windows 10 refuses to update to 1903.: I’ve tried several things so far. I’ve input commands into command prompt, deleted files, disabled features, reset Windows twice, etc. Ive even tried the media creation tool. No matter what, it always winds up at a rather low resolution update screen that gets to 1-2 percent...
  10. VMware refuses to run Windows 10

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMware refuses to run Windows 10: I have been trying to run Windows 10 on Vmware Player on the latest insider build but I keep running into this error: [img] I have played about with Group Policy to change the status of Device Guard but the error still appears. 134369