Windows 10: Laptop running Windows 10, slowing to a crawl...

Discus and support Laptop running Windows 10, slowing to a crawl... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, recently my HP laptop running the most recent version of Windows 10 has been slowing down in weird ways. Every device function that isn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Naser Alomoush, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Laptop running Windows 10, slowing to a crawl...

Hello, recently my HP laptop running the most recent version of Windows 10 has been slowing down in weird ways. Every device function that isn't clicking or typing has slowed down significantly despite multiple restarts, ample hard drive space and it being free of malware as far as I know. Here are my specs:

Laptop running Windows 10, slowing to a crawl... 104ae579-6df0-4648-8655-830311a26b46?upload=true.png

A few examples of things that used to work flawlessly but have been affected:

• keyboard shortcuts taking 5-10 seconds to respond e.g. snip tool ctrl+windows+S takes 10 seconds to respond compared to instantly
    • apps taking longer than they used to to open
    • windows functions such as CMD and regedit taking longer to open
    • browsers slowing down significantly
    • windows defender shutting down and not restarting
    • restarts taking much much longer to boot despite checking boot options

I am totally stuck on what I can do to fix this issue, I would very much appreciate some help as I have important work to submit and this slowdown affects me greatly. Thank you.

:)

Naser Alomoush, Mar 7, 2021
  2. RomesJeff Win User

My Laptop runs at a crawl after installing Windows 10

My Laptop runs at a crawl after installing Windows 10 HELP!!!

Original Title: Windows 10

RomesJeff, Mar 7, 2021
  3. marnirao Win User
    Windows 10 Laptop running very slow

hi

this is

I was purchased new laptop, that configuration are as follows:-

Lenovo Ideapad 330

Windows 10 home Single Language

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 - 7130U CPU @ 2.70 GHz

4 GB RAM

1 TB Hard Disk

From the fist day onwards I am trying to use better. But it was running very slow.

I am trying to cleaning the following steps

1. temp

2. %temp%

3. Recent

4. Prefetch

I am cleaning every thing, but booting is taking 3 min time. and running applications is very slow.

I have a PC in my office, it is Pentium Processer, It is running very fast. But I am using original OS, original ms office and tally only, there is no other software using in my laptop.

Laptop Windows 10 is updated up to July 2019. But booting and opening applications is still slow.

kindly suggest me how to open windows 10 with min 30 seconds

marnirao, Mar 7, 2021
  4. Jessen P Win User

Laptop running Windows 10, slowing to a crawl...

Laptop is running very slow

Hi Thomas,

What all troubleshooting steps have you performed?

As an initial troubleshooting step, I would request you to execute the System Maintenance troubleshooter and check if there is any improvement in the speed of laptop.

To perform common maintenance tasks in Windows, such as cleaning up unused files and shortcuts, try using the System Maintenance troubleshooter to automatically find and fix problems. For example, the System Maintenance troubleshooter looks for unused files
    and shortcuts that you can clean up or remove so that your computer can run faster.

Please follow the steps to run System Maintenance troubleshooter
    on the computer:

• Type “Control Panel” on the search box.

• Click on Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all option on the left side of the Windows.

• Click on System Maintenance option.

• Click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions to troubleshoot the issue.
    Please revert if you face any issues with slow speed of laptop.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

Laptop running Windows 10, slowing to a crawl...

1. Laptop running Windows 10, slowing to a crawl... - Similar Threads - Laptop running slowing

2. Windows 10 laptop just slows to less than a crawl....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 laptop just slows to less than a crawl....: Hi - I hope someone can help.Recently, my Windows 10 laptop that was behaving perfectly all of a sudden slowed to an absolute crawl in that when re-starting the laptop it took over an hour to load windows and the few apps that load with it. This normally takes just a minute...
  3. Windows 10 laptop just slows to less than a crawl....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 laptop just slows to less than a crawl....: Hi - I hope someone can help.Recently, my Windows 10 laptop that was behaving perfectly all of a sudden slowed to an absolute crawl in that when re-starting the laptop it took over an hour to load windows and the few apps that load with it. This normally takes just a minute...
  4. Windows 10 laptop just slows to less than a crawl....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows running at a slow crawl

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows running at a slow crawl: Dell InspirionIntel Core i5-9400 @2.90GHz32 GB RAMWindows 11 x64For the past week or so my PC has become almost unuseable because of how slow it runs. I read there was recent update KB5007215 but I can not find a download link on the MS website.I've tried shutting down all...
  6. Windows running at a slow crawl

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows running at a slow crawl: Dell InspirionIntel Core i5-9400 @2.90GHz32 GB RAMWindows 11 x64For the past week or so my PC has become almost unuseable because of how slow it runs. I read there was recent update KB5007215 but I can not find a download link on the MS website.I've tried shutting down all...
  7. Windows 10 is slowing to a crawl

Windows 10 is slowing to a crawl: Hey I've got Windows 10 v1909 and recently it became terribly slow. I had problems with BSOD for which i've consulted with the community and disabled Intel Turbo Boost 3 and uninstalled Kaspersky since they thought it might be conflicting with Malewarebytes. I've done a...
  8. Windows 10 slows down to a crawl

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 slows down to a crawl: So this has happened to me twice in the past week. Windows would just randomly slow down and start stuttering to the point where its unusable, and I would have to hard reset my machine. I run dual monitors, and in both instances, I was playing a game on one monitor, while...
  9. 100% HDD slowing laptop to a crawl

100% HDD slowing laptop to a crawl: Hi, I have just bought a brand new HP Laptop 8 Gig RAM, 7th gen i7 Intel, 2 TB HDD. Currently it"s not running much software & that annoying 100% HDD usage has already appeared. I have already increased the virtual RAM ( should be necessary with these specs). This problem...
  10. Laptop WiFi slowed down to a crawl

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop WiFi slowed down to a crawl: Device: Toshiba Satellite C55-C5241. OS: Windows 10 x64 (Pre Installed) ISP: Suddenlink WiFi Router: Netgear N600 Wireless Double band router (WNDR3400v3). Firmware version V1.0.0.38_1.0.40 I get a low speed of 0.3 Mbps on the laptop through WiFi whereas the same WiFi...