Windows 10: Laptop says 0% but still works

Discus and support Laptop says 0% but still works in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've noticed recently that my Dell XPS 13 9360 has been getting poor battery life recently so I decided to check the battery health and it says it's at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by hrvnate, Feb 8, 2021.

1. hrvnate Win User

Laptop says 0% but still works

I've noticed recently that my Dell XPS 13 9360 has been getting poor battery life recently so I decided to check the battery health and it says it's at 63%. I then did a full drain to do a battery cycle. When the battery got to 4% it shut off but I powered it back on. it then drained to 0% and it stayed at that state for about an hour until it finally died. I recharged it but when it got to 99% it stayed there for quite a while, but the charge rate was still the same as the previous 99% anywhere from 20,000 to 15,000 milliwatts. It took a long time to finally get to 100%, and once it did it did the same thing as before and it again worked for about an hour on 0%. Is there a way to do a full reset on the battery data without doing a full wipe of the laptop?

Thanks.

:)

hrvnate, Feb 8, 2021

2. Laptop overclocking adventures

hey guys I'm trying to get clockgen to work on my laptop but can't get any of the plls to work, can you please post like exactly what steps I need to take to test each pll to see if it works? my specs are listed to the left
    thanks!

nflesher87, Feb 8, 2021
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Feb 8, 2021
  4. silkstone Win User

Which laptop should I buy with budget within 1000USD?

Really, you should be getting a list of laptops you like the look of, narrowing it down and then asking on here which is best.

Asking people for suggestions really doesn't work well as most people only have experience with 1-2 laptops at a time.

Searching all the shopping sites and creating a list for you is a lot of work.

You need to do the work and we can help with the rest.

silkstone, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Laptop says 0% but still works - Similar Threads - Laptop says still

2. Laptop says 0% percent plugged in and won't charge but works perfectly fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop says 0% percent plugged in and won't charge but works perfectly fine: So my laptop right now is plugged in and works perfectly fine, but it won't charge. It says 0% percent available plugged in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-says-0-percent-plugged-in-and-wont-charge/25117926-5988-4714-a33a-1a7adab33b2f
  3. Laptop says 0% percent plugged in and won't charge but works perfectly fine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop says 0% percent plugged in and won't charge but works perfectly fine: So my laptop right now is plugged in and works perfectly fine, but it won't charge. It says 0% percent available plugged in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-says-0-percent-plugged-in-and-wont-charge/25117926-5988-4714-a33a-1a7adab33b2f
  4. Laptop says 0% percent plugged in and won't charge but works perfectly fine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Laptop only says "plugged in" and battery drained to 0%

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop only says "plugged in" and battery drained to 0%: So, today I attempted to power on a Dell laptop I have. I clicked the power switch, and it tried to turn on with a blue light not a BSOD for a while, before force powering off. After doing some stuff with the cable, I managed to get it to turn on....
  6. Laptop only says "plugged in" and battery drained to 0%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop only says "plugged in" and battery drained to 0%: So, today I attempted to power on a Dell laptop I have. I clicked the power switch, and it tried to turn on with a blue light not a BSOD for a while, before force powering off. After doing some stuff with the cable, I managed to get it to turn on....
  7. Laptop only says "plugged in" and battery drained to 0%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Laptop battery shows 0% but still works perfectly fine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop battery shows 0% but still works perfectly fine: So a few days ago, the battery got completely discharged to 0%, then when I opened my laptop again, it was showing 100% charged, but when I unplugged, it shutdown instantly The orange light glows for 1-2 seconds after plugging in and then blue lights glows. Then I tried to...
  9. Laptop Battery at 0% and still running

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Battery at 0% and still running: Happened to me. Anything to know about this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-battery-at-0-and-still-running/28fa0bfe-f285-4006-bea6-70636fb80b8a
  10. Laptop Battery at 0% but still running

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Battery at 0% but still running: My laptop was running a program and was put into sleep for a few hours. I logged in a few hours later and my laptop was at 0% with 100% brightness on. I quickly plugged in my charger. Is there anything I should know about this?...