Windows 10: Laptop says I’m connected to internet but everything says to check my connection

Discus and support Laptop says I’m connected to internet but everything says to check my connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My laptop says that i am connected to the internet but when i try to play a game or watch youtube it says i need to check my connection... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HeatherMcCoog, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Laptop says I’m connected to internet but everything says to check my connection

My laptop says that i am connected to the internet but when i try to play a game or watch youtube it says i need to check my connection

:)

HeatherMcCoog, Feb 6, 2021
  2. 3mptylord Win User

Network Settings says No Internet Connection, But...

But I'm currently browsing the internet and typing to you.

In fact - I can do virtually everything (League; Steam; Skype; etc) except use any OS feature that requires logging in - e.g. Mail, User Accounts, Shop, etc. Then it says something along the lines of "Cannot use this service without an internet connection - please connect and try again." When I run Network Diagnostics as the prompt recommends - it says I am connected and cannot find a problem.

Laptop says I’m connected to internet but everything says to check my connection [​IMG]

It doesn't always happen - but it seems to be determined on start-up. If I restart it now it might be working next launch - but 75% of the time it will encounter the same issue. It's been happening for months now but I've sort of gotten used to using my phone to check my emails - but I've now encountered an issue with one of my hard drives being unable to be searched (tried indexing, etc) and the only step I've found that I haven't tried says it could be a corrupted user account - but I cannot update my user account without "connecting to the internet". -_-

The system is up to date. No driver updates available.

3mptylord, Feb 6, 2021
  3. akhlaq768 Win User
    Connecting Laptop to the Internet, No connection

Trying to connect to the Internet using my Laptop. (not via the wireless router, but through the Ethernet cable)

My existing PC is connected to the Internet via an Ethernet cable, which is connected to the Broadband Modem (Virgin).

What I have tried to do, is take the Ethernet cable from my PC and connect it to the Laptop... Unfortunately, the Laptop isnt connecting to the Internet...

I have tried repairing the Network, with no success.

I am using the same cable, which was connected to the PC...

I do get error messages, when I click on repair in the Network Connection Tab. Its says it cannot assign an IP address.

I am Using Windows XP Home Edition.

I've tried using the Ping via cmd ping localhost or 127.0.0.1

I get the following results -

Packets: Sent = 4, Recieved = 4, Lost = 0(0%0)

Also done the following -

1. Start Internet Explorer.
    2. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
    3. Click the Connections tab.
    4. Under Dial-up and VPN Settings, click the broadband connection, click Settings, and then click Automatically detect settings.
    5. Click OK.

..... with no luck

What do I do guys?

akhlaq768, Feb 6, 2021
  4. 3mptylord Win User

Laptop says I’m connected to internet but everything says to check my connection

Network Settings says No Internet Connection, But...

I've tried unselecting the option but I didn't fix the issue - nor could I see why it would.

The following things connect to the internet fine:
    • Microsoft Edge (new IE)
    • Chrome
    • Steam's browser and Steam multiplayer games
    • League of Legends launcher, patcher, PVP.net and game client
    • Battle.net
    • Pretty much everything
    What doesn't work:

• Network Center (says I'm not connected)
    • Windows Live Mail (logging in)
    • Outlook (logging in)
    • Notepad 8 (logging in)
    • User Accounts (logging in)
    The issue seems to affect any Microsoft product that tries to connect to Live.

3mptylord, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

Laptop says I’m connected to internet but everything says to check my connection

1. Laptop says I’m connected to internet but everything says to check my connection - Similar Threads - Laptop says I’m

2. Internet connected everything works, says no internet access still.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet connected everything works, says no internet access still.: Network and everything works, it's just that my PC thinks that I have no internet access. I've changed DNS servers, done countless CMD int. commands, restarted adaptors, and installed new network drivers. Still the problem persists. Please help me out thank you :...
  3. Internet connected everything works, says no internet access still.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet connected everything works, says no internet access still.: Network and everything works, it's just that my PC thinks that I have no internet access. I've changed DNS servers, done countless CMD int. commands, restarted adaptors, and installed new network drivers. Still the problem persists. Please help me out thank you :...
  4. Internet connected everything works, says no internet access still.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Internet says connected but it's not connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet says connected but it's not connecting: Internet is connected but when attempting to open a new web page it's not connecting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-says-connected-but-its-not-connecting/9a335977-32aa-4fb7-92a2-cb05acfc301c
  6. Internet says connected but it's not connecting

Internet says connected but it's not connecting: Internet is connected but when attempting to open a new web page it's not connecting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-says-connected-but-its-not-connecting/9a335977-32aa-4fb7-92a2-cb05acfc301c
  7. Internet says connected but it's not connecting

8. My laptop says that the internet is disconnected but it is connected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop says that the internet is disconnected but it is connected.: Hello, My laptop is on Windows 11. For some reason, it says that my internet is disconnected, but I have full access to the internet. But if I am trying to access some app on my laptop it shows up with messages that I am offline or that I don't have internet. Please help....
  9. My laptop says that the internet is disconnected but it is connected.

My laptop says that the internet is disconnected but it is connected.: Hello, My laptop is on Windows 11. For some reason, it says that my internet is disconnected, but I have full access to the internet. But if I am trying to access some app on my laptop it shows up with messages that I am offline or that I don't have internet. Please help....
  10. My computer’s internet will connect, but it will say “no internet, secured”, but I’m stuck...

My computer’s internet will connect, but it will say “no internet, secured”, but I’m stuck...: Basically what the title says, whenever I click the sign in button it doesn’t work because its says I need internet it uses microsoft to login. I’ve tried resetting and completely unpluggin the internet, but that doesn’t work, everyhting else works on the internet, and I dont...