Windows 10: LAPTOP SAYS "LOCKING" and goes into sleep mode. This usually happens only once or twice...

Discus and support LAPTOP SAYS "LOCKING" and goes into sleep mode. This usually happens only once or twice... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; this issue started a week ago. at first, I believed it maybe because I didn't download the new windows updates, even after i updated my windows system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by utsavutsav, Aug 21, 2020.

1. LAPTOP SAYS "LOCKING" and goes into sleep mode. This usually happens only once or twice...

this issue started a week ago. at first, I believed it maybe because I didn't download the new windows updates, even after i updated my windows system software and my graphics drivers, the issue still persists. As i mentioned this only happens while i am gaming.

I am using a hp pavilion gaming laptop with ryzen 7 3750h and a gtx 1650

:)

utsavutsav, Aug 21, 2020
  2. PJS
    pjs Win User

PC hibernates / goes into sleep mode upon logout / screen lock

I am using my work computer. It's a laptop with a power connection (not running on battery.) The laptop is hocked up to two monitors (a total of three monitors, counting the laptop's own screen - I usually keep my laptop closed, however.)
    Since I am at work I always lock the screen when I leave my computer. (I use the windows+L shortcut to lock the screen.) This all works fine.

However, after about a minute the computer goes into sleep mode / hibernation. At least I think it does, because the two monitors goes black - and it takes a few seconds to "wake up the system" (the monitors doesn't come back to life immediately when I press a key on the keyboard / move the mouse, as they would if a screen saver was active.)
    This is very annoying if I step away from my computer for only a short while (like going to the bathroom.)

Here's what I want:
    With power (not running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 15 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

Without power (running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 5 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

My best bet is that this is some sort of power saving scheme thingie, but I can't seem to figure out how to configure it to do what I want. Can someone please help me with a step-by-step guide to configure my system the way I want? Thank you.

3. johnqueen Win User
    THE SCREEN SAYS " LOCKING " and it goes into sleep mode

2 days ago i upgraded my windows 10 to build 1903 , since then ,

randomly and during any activity (gaming , watching a video ..etc) ,

screen with the word "locking" in the middle appears for half a second and my laptop goes into sleep mode

and then i have to turn it on again

this never happened before the update , i tried to reset and fresh start but, nothing worked , and now i can't get back to previous build

what do i do ?

HELP , PLEASE

johnqueen, Aug 21, 2020
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

LAPTOP SAYS "LOCKING" and goes into sleep mode. This usually happens only once or twice...

windows 10 keeps locking up why?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Did you notice any changes on the computer prior to experiencing this issue?
    • When you say that the computer keeps locking, does it happen due to inactivity or does it happen while you’re working on the computer?
    • Does the computer go into sleep mode or does it lock the currently logged-in user account?
    • After the computer is locked or after it goes into sleep mode, what happens when you try to sign in to your system or try to wake the system up?

Please reply with the information requested above for us to have the clear understanding of the issue and suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

How to ask an effective question

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Forums

Peer_Sam, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

LAPTOP SAYS "LOCKING" and goes into sleep mode. This usually happens only once or twice...

1. LAPTOP SAYS "LOCKING" and goes into sleep mode. This usually happens only once or twice... - Similar Threads - LAPTOP SAYS LOCKING

2. Laptop goes to sleep mode automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop goes to sleep mode automatically: Hi I have been facing a issue where my pc goes to sleep mode automatically all of a sudden when there is a power cut and inverter goes to battery. This happens even if I turned off the switch where my charging adapter is plugged in. I have already done hard reset of my laptop...
  3. Laptop goes to sleep mode automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop goes to sleep mode automatically: Hi I have been facing a issue where my pc goes to sleep mode automatically all of a sudden when there is a power cut and inverter goes to battery. This happens even if I turned off the switch where my charging adapter is plugged in. I have already done hard reset of my laptop...
  4. Windows crashes once the PC goes to sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows crashes once the PC goes to sleep mode: I have recently bought a new Dell laptop Inspiron 14 5406 2in1 and unfortunately everytime my PC goes to sleep windows crash. I have no idea what's the reason for that... Please see drive for DMP files....
  5. my laptop randomly says "locking" and automatically goes to sleep or hibernate while...

my laptop randomly says "locking" and automatically goes to sleep or hibernate while...: Hi, i have a problem with my laptop. it goes to sleep and hibernate whenever I'm playing games. the screen goes blue and says "locking" randomly. i search in community and mostly said it is battery issue or BIOS issue. I already did all the solved solution but it didn't...
  6. My laptop randomly locks and goes into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop randomly locks and goes into sleep mode: When using my laptop it randomly says "locking" and goes into sleep mode. It happens more often when I'm playing a game. Does somebody know how to fix this? submitted by /u/bananabeacon [link] [comments]...
  7. Sleep mode not locking laptop?

Sleep mode not locking laptop?: When I hit 'sleep' mode on my keyboard or I press the power button on my laptop so it temporary locks, it doesn't actually locks/temporary shuts. It just makes the screen go black and you can 'unlock' the laptop just by pressing any key or moving the mouse. I'm pissed. What...
  8. Windows sleeps only once

Windows sleeps only once: Hoping people here can help me with an odd sleep issue I am having. System is Win 10 Home 1909, MSI B450-A Pro Max, Ryzen 5 3600, using 1usmus Ryzen Power Plan. The system will go to sleep ONCE and only once. After I wake it, it will attempt to sleep (does not enter low-power...
  9. THE SCREEN SAYS " LOCKING " and it goes into sleep mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    THE SCREEN SAYS " LOCKING " and it goes into sleep mode: 2 days ago i upgraded my windows 10 to build 1903 , since then , randomly and during any activity (gaming , watching a video ..etc) , screen with the word "locking" in the middle appears for half a second and my laptop goes into sleep mode and then i have to turn it on...
  10. Bsod once or twice a day, usually at night.

Bsod once or twice a day, usually at night.: Hello. I need your help. I have Bsod every day, once or twice a day, usually at night. I have new comp. Windows 10. I have provided you the necessary information about my system and dump files in the application. Thank you very much for your help! 74720