Windows 10: Laptop screeches REALLY loud when I open it.

Discus and support Laptop screeches REALLY loud when I open it. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I need help quickly. I just set up a screen recording software on my windows 10 laptop and I went into a menu to choose my audio input. I switched from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by NicholasHeineman, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Laptop screeches REALLY loud when I open it.

I need help quickly. I just set up a screen recording software on my windows 10 laptop and I went into a menu to choose my audio input. I switched from my mic to my speaker and it started screeching extremely loudly. I closed my laptop immediately because it was that loud. And now whenever I open my laptop, even a slight bit, it continues the noise. Is there any way I can stop it without opening my laptop to its screeching?

:)

NicholasHeineman, Feb 22, 2021
  2. Margister Win User

Extremely Loud Screeching coming from the PSU

Apart from my Thread_Stuck_In_Device_Driver BSODs and completely broken Windows Apps, I have recently stumbled across a new, very unnerving problem, that has so far only occured twice. I was playing Counter Strike: Global Offensive for about 3 hours, before my computer started making a rumbling-buzzing noise. I have looked at my computer and while I was looking at it, the rumbling turned into a really loud high-pitched screech, so loud you could hear it downstairs. This literally scared the living dumplings out of me, and I rushed to unplug the power cable. Now, if I didn't reconnect to the Counter Strike match within 3 minutes I would be banned for the next 7 days, so I decided to power up the machine. The screech continued, so I unplugged the machine, and without taking much notice - opened by case (to pinpoint the sound). However due to the rush I have broken a ribbon on the side, meaning I have voided my guarantee (as stated on it, as I found out after).
    I ran the computer once more, and I could identify the location of the problem - the PSU was responsible for the screech (I intially thought it'd be the CPU fan). I left the computer open for a while, then after an hour I put it back together and the sound is nowhere to be seen. However the computer continues to hum (not a normal humming), so I placed a 500g object on top of where the PSU lay and the humming is gone. (Now I am also banned for 7 days in Counter Strike)
    The computer (and therefore PSU) is less than a month old, and due to the breakage of the ribbon I have lost the warranty.
    I will attach the DM Log here as it contains some information about my machine and my configuration.

Margister, Feb 22, 2021
  3. speaker is screeching

my laptop sound mixer is causing a screeching sound

MartinBurgess1, Feb 22, 2021
  4. mrpuls3 Win User

Laptop screeches REALLY loud when I open it.

X800GT Screeching Noise

Wheneever i enter a game such as Warcraft, or enter the 3d view of ATI Tool, my case emits a relatively loud screeching noise, which i presume is coming from my graphics card. Can you please tell me how to fix it...

mrpuls3, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

Laptop screeches REALLY loud when I open it.

1. Laptop screeches REALLY loud when I open it. - Similar Threads - Laptop screeches REALLY

2. My PC Fans are really Loud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC Fans are really Loud: When I first got my pc my pc fans were running at a good pace. The sound was around 20-30 decibels when I wasn't playing a game. It went up when I was playing a game but that was fine because I knew it was normal. I've had it for about 2 years now and I've had problems with...
  3. My PC Fans are really Loud

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC Fans are really Loud: When I first got my pc my pc fans were running at a good pace. The sound was around 20-30 decibels when I wasn't playing a game. It went up when I was playing a game but that was fine because I knew it was normal. I've had it for about 2 years now and I've had problems with...
  4. My PC Fans are really Loud

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Occasional really loud static noise in mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Occasional really loud static noise in mic: I have a Hyperx Quadcast microphone and I record with OBS, every now and then there will be a really loud static noise that actually hurt my ears when I played back one of my recordings, it seems to go on for maybe 15 or 20 minutes before going back to normal audio, although...
  6. Occasional really loud static noise in mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Occasional really loud static noise in mic: I have a Hyperx Quadcast microphone and I record with OBS, every now and then there will be a really loud static noise that actually hurt my ears when I played back one of my recordings, it seems to go on for maybe 15 or 20 minutes before going back to normal audio, although...
  7. Occasional really loud static noise in mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. The volume of my laptop is suddenly really loud

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The volume of my laptop is suddenly really loud: I started up my laptop today and the volume was suddenly super loud. I didn't change anything, and the volume was fine yesterday. I also looked at the settings and everything was the same. I hope somebody can help. I use headphones, when they are plugged in the volume is...
  9. Computer fan really loud, but no programs running.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer fan really loud, but no programs running.: I just bought a Asus Zenbook 14'' UM433IQ and it works great, but when I open the laptop after closing it to sleep the fan goes to 100% immediately and won't turn off. I've checked task manager and no program is using that much CPU or GPU for it to be this loud. What can I...
  10. Extremely Loud Screeching coming from the PSU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extremely Loud Screeching coming from the PSU: Apart from my Thread_Stuck_In_Device_Driver BSODs and completely broken Windows Apps, I have recently stumbled across a new, very unnerving problem, that has so far only occured twice. I was playing Counter Strike: Global Offensive for about 3 hours, before my computer...