Windows 10: Laptop screen at full brightness suddenly went very dim

Discus and support Laptop screen at full brightness suddenly went very dim in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My 2 year old laptop in tablet mode suddenly went dark. The first time i thought it was black. I restarted and it helped. This only happens when my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jeff Peeseps, May 13, 2020.

1. Laptop screen at full brightness suddenly went very dim

My 2 year old laptop in tablet mode suddenly went dark. The first time i thought it was black. I restarted and it helped. This only happens when my device is in tabler mode. When i use it like a regular laptop i never see this. Any solutions?

:)

Jeff Peeseps, May 13, 2020

2. Unable to dim brightness in Dell Studio 1749 laptop

Unable to dim brightness in Dell Studio 1749 laptop: everything I have tried does not allow me to dim the over-bright screen using the win 10 customization tools? Most suggestion offer tweaks that might not be reversed?

edwardfinigan, May 13, 2020
  3. Laptop Screen Brightness is not the same as Secondary Monitor's brightness

After I installed windows 10, I noticed that the screen brightness on my laptop's screen was dimmer than the brightness of my secondary monitor. Not dim enough to suggest a problem with the lamp, but just dim enough to be annoying, as though it was turned
    down in the settings. I went through and tried to change the screen brightness, but it failed to be effected. Is there anything I can do to fix it?

occultApathetic, May 13, 2020
  4. ssingh09 Win User

Laptop screen at full brightness suddenly went very dim

Screen Brightness Dim

Recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10. The screen brightness remains dim even when the brightness key is pressed, with or without the Fn key, The indicator cursor does move up and down but no effect on the brightness level.

Request Help

My laptop is LENOVA IdeaPad Z 500

ssingh09, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Laptop screen at full brightness suddenly went very dim

1. Laptop screen at full brightness suddenly went very dim - Similar Threads - Laptop screen full

2. Laptop screen brightness dimming Acer Aspire 5

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop screen brightness dimming Acer Aspire 5: its currently plugged in but the brightness keeps going down and up as if i was in battery saver mode when im not, i tried to roam for solutions and they keep telling me to disable options that only work for when im in battery saving, when its dark i cant increase the...
  3. Laptop screen brightness dimming Acer Aspire 5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop screen brightness dimming Acer Aspire 5: its currently plugged in but the brightness keeps going down and up as if i was in battery saver mode when im not, i tried to roam for solutions and they keep telling me to disable options that only work for when im in battery saving, when its dark i cant increase the...
  4. All of a sudden, my laptop screen's brightness dimmed itself even though it is saying it is...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All of a sudden, my laptop screen's brightness dimmed itself even though it is saying it is...: Very occasionally the brightness will suddenly go back to normal and become full brightness again. It happened very suddenly, but before that I restarted my laptop, and my Microsoft Edge was updated and had the 'Discover' button option. Not sure if it has anything to do with...
  5. All of a sudden, my laptop screen's brightness dimmed itself even though it is saying it is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All of a sudden, my laptop screen's brightness dimmed itself even though it is saying it is...: Very occasionally the brightness will suddenly go back to normal and become full brightness again. It happened very suddenly, but before that I restarted my laptop, and my Microsoft Edge was updated and had the 'Discover' button option. Not sure if it has anything to do with...
  6. All of a sudden, my laptop screen's brightness dimmed itself even though it is saying it is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Brightness dims in full screen of game when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness dims in full screen of game when plugged in: I have looked for all of the solutions and none of them worked for me. Some i didnt even have the option available. Im using an alienware laptop windows 10. I have looked for adaptive brightness in settings everywhere but it doesnt exist on my machine. Im not sure how to stop...
  8. Screen Brightness Dims When Full Screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Brightness Dims When Full Screen.: Hi, Every time I'm in full screen mode for example YouTube, or even full screen F11 in browser my screen dims automatically with no option to turn down the brightness. When I exit full screen, it goes back to the brightness level I had before. Lenovo Yoga 11S. Windows 10...
  9. Screen Brightness dims automatically

Screen Brightness dims automatically: Hi I have been recently using windows 10 and I am having problem with my screen brightness that dims automatically either when do a movement or the screen changes. I tried to disable the adaptive brightness but that didn't helped as the option isn't available. Here is the...
  10. Screen display is very dim

Screen display is very dim: A few days ago, I recently received delivery of an Alienware 15 R4 laptop from the Microsoft Store. Just today the screen intermittently would go dim. Now, ever after a fresh reboot, the screen stays dim. It is very difficult to use the laptop with such a dim screen....