Windows 10: Laptop screen automatic Off against power setting.

Discus and support Laptop screen automatic Off against power setting. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, My name is Santosh Paudel. I am using the windows 10 home version. My screen goes to sleep every few minutes against my power setting/ advanced... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SantoshPaudel, May 3, 2021.

1. Laptop screen automatic Off against power setting.

Hi, My name is Santosh Paudel. I am using the windows 10 home version. My screen goes to sleep every few minutes against my power setting/ advanced power setting. It is really annoying that I have to unlock the screen after every few minutes. Note: The screen does not go to sleep if I am working. The problem occurs only if I leave the screen for like 3/4 minutes.

:)

SantoshPaudel, May 3, 2021

2. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, May 3, 2021
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 3, 2021
  4. ram93 Win User

Laptop screen automatic Off against power setting.

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, May 3, 2021
Thema:

Laptop screen automatic Off against power setting.

1. Laptop screen automatic Off against power setting. - Similar Threads - Laptop screen automatic

2. Power & Sleep setting to turn off screen are not working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power & Sleep setting to turn off screen are not working: I have the Power & Sleep setting configured for 2 hours, but the screen never turns off. I recently restarted the computer. Would that have changed the Power & Sleep settings?TIA for your help.SweetTasha....
  3. Laptop powers off

Laptop powers off: Windows Version 20H2 Problem: Whenever I try to sign out of my user account, restart the computer or shut it down things that require an user sign out the laptop completely powers off without a blue screen crash or an error code. In the event logger the only things it...
  4. Power Settings - No Automatic Shutoff

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Settings - No Automatic Shutoff: Have the settings at 5 for screen off and 10 or 30 for power off. Automatic screen shuts off is okay. Power does not go off automatically. The computer will go into sleep state using the keyboard key. I ried the Windows trouble shooting tool for a fix but it did not find any...
  5. Power off settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power off settings: Why does my laptop automatically power off when I unplug it? How can I change that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-off-settings/a60dc866-b5b5-4326-92b4-ca0b0e9ff66d
  6. Power settings automatically changing

Power settings automatically changing: I hope someone out there can help me please - As for a few months now, Windows 10 build 19042.685 keeps changing the sleep setting to 2 hours, I have it set to never, as I could have background processes happening and I don't want to watch it so I let t go unsupervised, and...
  7. Laptop monitor doesn't turn back on after automatically turning off due to power settings.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop monitor doesn't turn back on after automatically turning off due to power settings.: One of the laptops I have has been having this issue for a long time. I've had it for about 2 years now and it wasn't doing it when I first bought it, at least, not to my knowledge as it was plugged in almost every time that I use it. I know that it's not good for the battery...
  8. Laptop screen powers off if not plugged into power source

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop screen powers off if not plugged into power source: I have a Lenovo ideapad 130-15AST Laptop with Windows 10 it's brand new, well I bought it back in the Summer 2019 and rarely use it. However, I need it really bad now and I am using it as I type this question I'm not using my cell phone. So I used it last month and every time...
  9. How to automatically set power setting?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to automatically set power setting?: When i plug my charger the power setting automatically set the power setting to high performance and it's great. But the power setting also set to high performance when i turn on my laptop unplugged, and I have to manually change to either power saving or balance. Is there a...
  10. DefaultApp setting changes automatically against my will on Windows10

in Windows 10 Customization
    DefaultApp setting changes automatically against my will on Windows10: I set my default app setting of PDF file to Adobe Acrobat, but windows10 continues to change it back to Edge after I applied cumulative security update. It's very annoying, is there any way to set it permanently? I set NoOpenWith in registry on Edge Class section, but...