Windows 10: Laptop screen black when going to sleep mode - I tried *EVERYTHING* from Google

Discus and support Laptop screen black when going to sleep mode - I tried *EVERYTHING* from Google in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm using an Asus Zenbook Flip 14 with i5 8250, 8gb RAM, SSD.About 1-1.5 years ago I noticed that my laptop would not be able to go into standby... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Petaris, Mar 5, 2022.

1. Petaris Win User

Laptop screen black when going to sleep mode - I tried *EVERYTHING* from Google

I'm using an Asus Zenbook Flip 14 with i5 8250, 8gb RAM, SSD.About 1-1.5 years ago I noticed that my laptop would not be able to go into standby anymore without requiring a hard reboot. Never bothered to fix it but now it really annoys me.When standby mode is activated closing the laptop or manual standby it would overheat after 5-10 minutes and after 1 hour the battery is entirely drained.The power button flashes signaling standby but nothing reacts. Neither keyboard, nor power button nor flipping it open. It remains dead and the screen is black and remains in standbyI am running Windows

:)

Petaris, Mar 5, 2022
  2. Frank_S_R Win User

Black screen after sleep mode

Hello.

I updated windows last Saturday 19th September 2020 and after leaving it in sleep mode it doesn't work anymore. The computer is running, but the screen is black. I have already tried to press ctrl+shift+windows+B, but it doesn't work. When I force it to
    shut down by pressing the power button and something weird happens: if I'm not charging the laptop, it shuts down but as soon as I turn it on again, it only shows the black screen and the computer is on; if being off I start charging it, it automatically turns
    on with the black screen. It seems that if it is charching I'm unable to force it to shut down. I have also tried to run it with another os in an USB stick and still it doesn't work.

I have read that this is due to the las update in September. In some places it is suggested to use ctrl+shift+windows+B, but it doesn't work for me. They also suggest changing some settings in the computer, but I am not able to even access any settings because
    the laptop is still in the "running mode" with black screen.

Is there any solution for this? Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Frank_S_R, Mar 5, 2022
  3. jmcdphoto Win User
    Black screen in Google when coming out of sleep mode

Just upgraded to Windows 10. I do a lot of work on the internet, but when I step away from my computer now, if google is open and my computer goes into sleep mode, it goes to a black screen in google when it "wakes". The only thing I can do then is click
    the "x" to shut it down (the x is still visible) and I lose all the tabs I had open and any work I was doing. Is there some new setting I'm missing?

jmcdphoto, Mar 5, 2022
  4. Laptop screen black when going to sleep mode - I tried *EVERYTHING* from Google

Laptop screen black after turning on from Sleep

Thanks for your response.

On the list of drivers for my laptop on the HP website, I can't see any Video drivers.

I searched online and it says Graphics Drivers and Video drivers are the same thing, can you confirm that?

I also tried updating my Video driver, but it still showed an unresponsive black sleep screen.

Any suggestions are welcome

Thanks

Reegsville, Mar 5, 2022
Thema:

Laptop screen black when going to sleep mode - I tried *EVERYTHING* from Google

1. Laptop screen black when going to sleep mode - I tried *EVERYTHING* from Google - Similar Threads - Laptop screen black

2. Laptop is stuck on black screen - sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop is stuck on black screen - sleep mode: My laptop hasn't been working since yesterday. I restarted the device for updates and I have been waiting for it to get done. I've tried to turn it off and on so many times but still doesn't work. Please help....
  3. Laptop is stuck on black screen - sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop is stuck on black screen - sleep mode: My laptop hasn't been working since yesterday. I restarted the device for updates and I have been waiting for it to get done. I've tried to turn it off and on so many times but still doesn't work. Please help....
  4. Laptop is stuck on black screen - sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Laptop screen black when going to sleep mode - I tried *EVERYTHING* from Google

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop screen black when going to sleep mode - I tried *EVERYTHING* from Google: I'm using an Asus Zenbook Flip 14 with i5 8250, 8gb RAM, SSD.About 1-1.5 years ago I noticed that my laptop would not be able to go into standby anymore without requiring a hard reboot. Never bothered to fix it but now it really annoys me.When standby mode is activated...
  6. Laptop screen black when going to sleep mode - I tried *EVERYTHING* from Google

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop screen black when going to sleep mode - I tried *EVERYTHING* from Google: I'm using an Asus Zenbook Flip 14 with i5 8250, 8gb RAM, SSD.About 1-1.5 years ago I noticed that my laptop would not be able to go into standby anymore without requiring a hard reboot. Never bothered to fix it but now it really annoys me.When standby mode is activated...
  7. Black Screen When I start up tried everything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen When I start up tried everything: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DatFloofyDoge [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kf2auh/black_screen_when_i_start_up_tried_everything/
  8. Black screen when coming back from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen when coming back from sleep mode: I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64 and the last two days I've had issues when coming back to the laptop after closing the lid and putting it into sleep mode. When I reopen the lid and press a button on the keyboard everything lights up like normal and starts running- except the...
  9. Black & White screen from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Black & White screen from sleep mode: Don't know if this is the correct place or not but here goes......I have 2 almost identical HP P6 desktop pc's 2400t/2420t bought new in 2013 both running Win10 Home and one of them is giving me a black & white screen instead of the regular color when I bring it out of sleep...
  10. When I lock my windows screen it tries to go in sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    When I lock my windows screen it tries to go in sleep mode.: I have a custom built PC (built last year) and recently when I lock my windows screen, after a few seconds it tries to go in sleep mode then it wakes itself up on its own then few seconds later it tries again. 1. I lock my screen 2. after i lock it, it brings me to my...