Windows 10: Laptop Screen brightness can't be controled

Discus and support Laptop Screen brightness can't be controled in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop screen brightness can't be controlled but the control buttons for brightness on the keyboard has reaction (brightness slider) can move up and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Oi Wah 988, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Laptop Screen brightness can't be controled

My laptop screen brightness can't be controlled but the control buttons for brightness on the keyboard has reaction (brightness slider) can move up and down. But the screen brightness has no reaction it shows maximum brightness, too bright for my eyes.

Please some one can help ?

I have tried updated all the drivers but no help.

I remember I have tried many ways and I succeed but I forgotten how I done it. Now it come back, brightness can't be controlled.

Thank you.

:)

Oi Wah 988, Mar 26, 2019

2. Can not control the laptop brightness

Hi Dinh,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

What happens when you try to change the screen's brightness?

For a majority of laptops, there isn't a control for setting the contrast. However, you can set the brightness of many laptops by pressing and holding the Fn key, and then pressing a function key to decrease brightness
    or increase brightness.

I suggest you to uninstall the display driver from your computer and then install in Compatibility mode.

To uninstall the driver follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.

• Search for Display Adapter
      and expand it.

• Right click on the Display Adapter
      and select Uninstall.

• Do not restart your computer.
    Once you have successfully uninstalled the driver, please install the driver in compatibility mode following the steps given below.

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

(Applies to Windows 10)

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Mar 26, 2019
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Mar 26, 2019
  4. Laptop Screen brightness can't be controled

screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Mar 26, 2019
Thema:

Laptop Screen brightness can't be controled

1. Laptop Screen brightness can't be controled - Similar Threads - Laptop Screen brightness

2. LAPtop screen not bright

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAPtop screen not bright: laptop screen not bright https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-screen-not-bright/f73461e3-2863-4e47-a2a9-03b558c50615
  3. LAPtop screen not bright

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LAPtop screen not bright: laptop screen not bright https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-screen-not-bright/f73461e3-2863-4e47-a2a9-03b558c50615
  4. Brightness controle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brightness controle: I want to controle the brightness of my desktop screen. But the slider bar as seen in the attached file is not accessible on my computer. Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-controle/a315bfb6-720e-49f4-98d3-47bd29fac238
  5. Brightness can't be controlled!!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness can't be controlled!!!: Hey there,I installed Windows 10 on my MacBook Pro 2011, when I finished the installation I noticed that my primary graphic card was not used in my display and the current driver connected to my display was "Microsoft Basic Display Driver" Because the graphics card does not...
  6. Unable to Control Screen Brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to Control Screen Brightness: I can't control my laptop's brightness, or more like the settings to control the brightness isn't even here. [IMG][ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-control-screen-brightness/741ede6c-a5f0-4a4b-b9ba-0bbff913c4fb
  7. brightness control

brightness control: Hello, after i updated my software recently, there is no button or setting for brightness at all, and now my screen brightness is so high and i cannot adjust it. Even when i click FN + > / < , there is no changes. [ATTACH] There is no option for brightness in this part ,...
  8. On screen Brightness control stuck on screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    On screen Brightness control stuck on screen: New installation of Windows 10 1809 Home edition Every time I boot the computer the brightness control/slider is stuck on the screen and will not go away. It shows 100%. The f2 and f3 keys make the brightness go up and down as normal and the slider flashes a bit but the on...
  9. Screen brightness control freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen brightness control freezes: Hello, I have a Dell laptop running Windows 10. Ever since the last update of windows I have had a problem with my screen brightness. When the laptop boots up the brightness control function works - I can control the brightness by either the keyboard dedicated keys, or by...
  10. Can’t control brightness on the screen

Can’t control brightness on the screen: Something happened, I think after the last update I can’t control the brightness on the screen Already follow instructions posted from Microsoft: Settings-System-Display Device manager - Update all drivers Nothing help...