Windows 10: Laptop screen brightness decreases when on Spotify app, full-screen YouTube video or other...

Discus and support Laptop screen brightness decreases when on Spotify app, full-screen YouTube video or other... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Whenever I switch to Spotify, Discord, a full-screen Youtube video or any other screen which has predominantly dark colours, the brightness of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SeanMallon7, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Laptop screen brightness decreases when on Spotify app, full-screen YouTube video or other...

Hi,

Whenever I switch to Spotify, Discord, a full-screen Youtube video or any other screen which has predominantly dark colours, the brightness of my laptop screen decreases by itself. When I change the screen brightness using the function keys, the indicator shows full brightness, despite the screen being noticeably darker. When I decrease and then increase the brightness, the screen goes back to full brightness.

I have adaptive brightness turned off on Windows and on Intel Graphics settings. Previously, I believed I had solved this issue by turning the dimmed screen brightness under advanced power options to 100%. This seemed to work, but I recently ran the Windows disk clean-up tool in safe mode to free up some hard drive space and the issue has re-appeared.

I have a HP Pavilion x360 13-s150sa, with Intel i5-6200U, 8GB RAM, integrated Intel HD 520, 128GB SSD.

Any advice would be appreciated. Cheers.

:)

SeanMallon7, Feb 10, 2019
  2. N-Gen Win User

Looking for help with laptop screen

It's quite easy to replace a screen, try to find a disassembly guide for the specific model of laptop so you have a step by step indication of where to take screws out and what clips to unclip. There might be some youtube videos as well. Always make sure the replacement screen is compatible as there can be different connectors.

N-Gen, Feb 10, 2019
  3. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Feb 10, 2019
  4. Laptop screen brightness decreases when on Spotify app, full-screen YouTube video or other...

Looking for help with laptop screen

Completely agree with N-Gen here!!

Here is the factory manual that includes dis-assembly and reassembly of that specific model.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01311536.pdf

stinger608, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

Laptop screen brightness decreases when on Spotify app, full-screen YouTube video or other...

1. Laptop screen brightness decreases when on Spotify app, full-screen YouTube video or other... - Similar Threads - Laptop screen brightness

2. Screen brightness does not decrease completely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen brightness does not decrease completely: Normally, when the screen brightness was 0% on the computer, the screen was completely gone, when it was 1%, it was very bright and my eyes were not disturbed at night. After updating to Windows 10, when I brought the brightness to 0%, it was like 10% brightness compared to...
  3. Screen brightness does not decrease completely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen brightness does not decrease completely: Normally, when the screen brightness was 0% on the computer, the screen was completely gone, when it was 1%, it was very bright and my eyes were not disturbed at night. After updating to Windows 10, when I brought the brightness to 0%, it was like 10% brightness compared to...
  4. Screen brightness does not decrease completely

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Blue Screen when trying to visit YouTube and other video sites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen when trying to visit YouTube and other video sites: Hello. This started happening after the Cumulative updates for Windows 10 February 2022 was installed. I noticed that many other programs were updated too after the restart. The most prominent updates I saw were Firefox, Opera, and Avast. This error happens only when trying...
  6. BSoD when YouTube on full screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD when YouTube on full screen: Hello, In the last time I had some Blues Screens with UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION error code. It is annoying But what did I noticed is that I receive BSoD when I was watching on YouTube on full screen mode. So it is probably a problem with some drivers. Another thing is...
  7. Screen Brightness Dims When Full Screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Brightness Dims When Full Screen.: Hi, Every time I'm in full screen mode for example YouTube, or even full screen F11 in browser my screen dims automatically with no option to turn down the brightness. When I exit full screen, it goes back to the brightness level I had before. Lenovo Yoga 11S. Windows 10...
  8. Windows 10 HDR bug with YouTube full-screen video white/bright tinge

Windows 10 HDR bug with YouTube full-screen video white/bright tinge: English: Hello dear readers. I have a problem with the Windows HDR function. I have two monitors; one is HDR capable, the other is not. If I switch on HDR and open a YouTube video on my second not HDR-capable monitor in full-screen mode, the image briefly goes black and...
  9. Windows 10 automatically adjusting laptop screen brightness when watching full screen video

Windows 10 automatically adjusting laptop screen brightness when watching full screen video: This is an issue I've only encountered in the last couple of days, I can only assume it's the result of a recent Windows update. It also only appears to relate specifically to the use of VLC media player, it doesn't appear to happen when Netflix/YouTube/Amazon are in full...
  10. Windows crashes randomly when watching YouTube videos at full screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows crashes randomly when watching YouTube videos at full screen: I don't know why, but ever since this afternoon, Windows decides to crash complete whenever I'm a few minutes or so in watching a YouTube video. It doesn't do it playing intensive games like Grand Theft Auto 5 yet it decides to do it watching a YouTube video. How Windows...