Windows 10: Laptop screen brightness goes down after I turn HDR off

Discus and support Laptop screen brightness goes down after I turn HDR off in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I bought a new laptop Legion y740. Everything is ok except for the fact that the screen brightness is very low at it's maximum... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TeodoraVisoiu, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Laptop screen brightness goes down after I turn HDR off

Hello everyone,

I bought a new laptop Legion y740.

Everything is ok except for the fact that the screen brightness is very low at it's maximum setting.

If i turn HDR the screen is super bright and nice. When I turn it off it goes back to being dim even though the setting is at 100%.

I have updated everything I could but the problem persists.

Sometimes when i turn the laptop on the screen is bright without HDR. But if I change the brightness or enter a game it goes dim again.

Bonus problem: if HDR is on and I start Apex Legends the screen freezes and the laptop goes unresponsive but the background music of the game still goes on. Only a forced shutdown from the physical button works.

I hope anyone here can help because I am all out of options.

:)

TeodoraVisoiu, Sep 24, 2019
  2. William40 Win User

HDR too bright

thanks I can reduce brightness from nvidia panel or even the monitor panel but no matter I get pain in my eyes only when hdr enabled

William40, Sep 24, 2019
  3. Unable to Change Screen Brightness of Laptop

So I'm not sure how long this has been happening but for some reason, I can't change the brightness on my laptop screen. I have linked a picture and as you can see, my brightness says 0% and that I can't change it, however my actual brightness is at 100%. I have looked around everywhere and the only responses I have found don't work for me. Here's a list of everything I have tried:
    - Reinstalling Display Drivers
    - Rolling Back Display Drivers
    - Reset Settings on UWT4
    - Power and Battery Settings
    (UWT4 or Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 is a customizer for Windows 10 and I thought that might be the problem but it wasn't)

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this, it's greatly appreciated! Thanks! -

FrostyTigerXP, Sep 24, 2019
  4. Laptop screen brightness goes down after I turn HDR off

screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

Laptop screen brightness goes down after I turn HDR off

1. Laptop screen brightness goes down after I turn HDR off - Similar Threads - Laptop screen brightness

2. i can't turn off HDR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't turn off HDR: Hello,for some reason i can't turn off hdr i have the button but when i press it it won't turn offmy monitor is a Samsung Odyssey G5 and my gpu is a 6900xt i do know that the samsung Odyssy g5 is a hdr10 monitor...
  3. i can't turn off HDR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i can't turn off HDR: Hello,for some reason i can't turn off hdr i have the button but when i press it it won't turn offmy monitor is a Samsung Odyssey G5 and my gpu is a 6900xt i do know that the samsung Odyssy g5 is a hdr10 monitor...
  4. HDR turns off in full screen games

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDR turns off in full screen games: Whenever I try to play a game in full screen my HDR will turn off even though it used to run perfectly fine in full screen with HDR. I have the predator 4K monitor 3840 x 2160 120 hz refresh rate system specs AMD Ryzen 9 5950X AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT I am really not sure how to...
  5. Black Screen after turning on HDR

Black Screen after turning on HDR: I recently got a new monitor that had HDR support, so I just went ahead and turned on HDR under display settings and that's it. The screen is fully black. I restarted the PC and the display goes black right after windows logo during boot. When I disconnected the new monitor...
  6. Laptop goes to sleep as soon as screen turns off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop goes to sleep as soon as screen turns off: I've had an Asus Vivobook for a couple of months now, after spending nearly 10 years using the same Toshiba netbook running Windows 7. Overall it's a great laptop but I cannot for the life of me figure out this problem, and I'm not sure if it's Windows-10-specific or...
  7. Turned on HDR, screen black, can't turn it off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turned on HDR, screen black, can't turn it off: To elaborate on the title: I set up a computer on a regular 1080p screen. All updates installed, all's well. Put it next to the TV and connected. I log in and see that it automatically chose 4k resolution. Wonderful. I go into settings to turn on HDR. The second I do,...
  8. Hdr turns off

Hdr turns off: I am on a Gaming Pc to be Exact its my tower hooked to a 4k UHD TV but when I turn HDR on and try to play a game for example, Minecraft it turns itself off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdr-turns-off/8503274d-b9ff-4f6c-9b16-853a419b6c5b
  9. Laptop goes to standby when screen turns off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop goes to standby when screen turns off: Dear community, I am experiencing an issue where the laptop goes to standby every time the screen turns off. If "Never" is set for "Turn off the display", then the laptop does not go to standby but also the screen stays on. But if the "Put the computer to sleep" is set to...
  10. Screen Brightness goes down when I plug in charger

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Brightness goes down when I plug in charger: The other day I was playing a game, and when I would want more frames I would plug in the charger but then the screen brightness went down randomly even though the setting was all the way up. I tried to turn it down and it got a little bit brighter. Please help...