Windows 10: Laptop screen broken and not projecting to external monitor

Discus and support Laptop screen broken and not projecting to external monitor in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Sorry if this is badly formatted i'm on mobile.Today I went to boot up my Lenovo Legion Y530 into Safe mode where i encountered that my screen wasn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by 77Skid, Jul 3, 2022.

1. 77Skid Win User

Laptop screen broken and not projecting to external monitor

Sorry if this is badly formatted i'm on mobile.Today I went to boot up my Lenovo Legion Y530 into Safe mode where i encountered that my screen wasn't showing up on my monitor, but on my shatteted laptop screen no big issue it's happened before, i do the Windows + P and pressed the down arrow 2-3 times and pressed enter, nothing changedS I started googling ideas, i tried to get into bios but i can't tell if im in it or not. My computer said something UEFI on it and no keyboard shortcuts such as Fn + F9 work to display it separately. I was barely able to read the screen but the project screen

:)

77Skid, Jul 3, 2022

2. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Jul 3, 2022
  3. Cbowers3 Win User
    Laptop screen will only work once it has been connected to an external monitor, even if that monitor is switched off

Having an issue whereby I cannot see or use the Laptop screen without first plugging it into an external monitor.

• Upon Windows startup unconnected to any external monitor

• DELL opening logo can be seen on Laptop screen

• Screen goes black with backlight

• Mouse pointer can be seen onscreen if moved to the right, as though a second monitor is connected on the left hand side.

• Attempting to press enter and type in password in the correct order as though the screen was functional does not do anything

• Upon connecting to an external monitor (even if switched off)

• Laptop screen will suddenly appear, all functionality restored

• Upon disconnecting again from external monitor

• Laptop screen remains visible and functional

• Lock screen /unlock screen no problem

• Upon shutting and opening the laptop lid

• Screen black with backlight, same results as windows startup, mouse pointer can be seen and moved as though a second screen is connected on the left

• No functionality until reconnected, even for a second, with an external monitor.

Troubleshooting:

• Restarting multiple times, checking multiple display screen is not activated:

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum
    category.***

Cbowers3, Jul 3, 2022
  4. jrocks222 Win User

My computer wont project to external monitor

My laptop has suddenly stopped working with my external monitor. When I go to "Project to a second screen" it says "Your PC can't project to another screen. Try reinstalling the driver or using another video card." I have no idea why this suddenly happened.
    PLEASE HELP!

jrocks222, Jul 3, 2022
Thema:

1. Laptop screen broken and not projecting to external monitor - Similar Threads - Laptop screen broken

2. Project the screen on a laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Project the screen on a laptop: Hello, I would like to project my laptop screen to another laptop, I have enabled wireless display on my target computer. Then I did windows + p and selected wireless display, but unable to detect my target computer. What could I do? I have an HDMI jack on both computers but...
  3. PC Projection into external monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Projection into external monitor.: Hi all, I'm using Dell Latitude 5420 Windows 10 2022. Right from Monday28/Nov/22 morning or late Sunday evening, I'm not able to use my external monitor which is AOC 1620Wb monitor. Not sure, if it's because of the monitor driver or the graphics driver I updated. Even the...
  4. PC Projection into external monitor.

PC Projection into external monitor.: Hi all, I'm using Dell Latitude 5420 Windows 10 2022. Right from Monday28/Nov/22 morning or late Sunday evening, I'm not able to use my external monitor which is AOC 1620Wb monitor. Not sure, if it's because of the monitor driver or the graphics driver I updated. Even the...
  5. Laptop screen broken and not projecting to external monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop screen broken and not projecting to external monitor: Sorry if this is badly formatted i'm on mobile.Today I went to boot up my Lenovo Legion Y530 into Safe mode where i encountered that my screen wasn't showing up on my monitor, but on my shatteted laptop screen no big issue it's happened before, i do the Windows + P and...
  6. Laptop screen not displaying on external monitor

Laptop screen not displaying on external monitor: HiI have an external monitor I am trying to connect to laptop through HDMI. My laptop detects that there is a second monitor, but the monitor doesn't display anything. I've tried many different solutions: updating, roll backing, and even uninstalling my drivers. Those...
  7. Laptop screen not displaying on external monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop screen not displaying on external monitor: HiI have an external monitor I am trying to connect to laptop through HDMI. My laptop detects that there is a second monitor, but the monitor doesn't display anything. I've tried many different solutions: updating, roll backing, and even uninstalling my drivers. Those...
  8. Laptop screen not displaying on external monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Change broken laptop scree to external monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change broken laptop scree to external monitor: My laptop screen is broken and I want to connect it to an external monitor. I’ve plugged the monitor in using a HDMI cable but I can’t see the the display on the monitor. I’ve tried pressing Win+P and f4, but it isn’t working. Is there a way to disable the laptop screen and...
  10. Broken built-in screen on laptop and using external monitor, monitor not used by laptop...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Broken built-in screen on laptop and using external monitor, monitor not used by laptop...: I am using a laptop with a broken screen where i can literally see nothing but black and white and some messed up stuff and I use an external monitor, so basically I am blind without the external monitor. I recently updated the laptop from win7 to win10, I waited for it to...