Windows 10: LAPTOP SCREEN CHANGED TO ARABIC AFTER AUTO UPDATE. HOW TO CHANGE TO ENGLISH DISPLAY. I...

Discus and support LAPTOP SCREEN CHANGED TO ARABIC AFTER AUTO UPDATE. HOW TO CHANGE TO ENGLISH DISPLAY. I... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; LAPTOP SCREEN CHANGED TO ARABIC AFTER AUTO UPDATE. HOW TO CHANGE TO ENGLISH DISPLAY. I CANNOT UNDERSTAND ARABIC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by asgSEK, Jun 27, 2020.

1. asgSEK Win User

LAPTOP SCREEN CHANGED TO ARABIC AFTER AUTO UPDATE. HOW TO CHANGE TO ENGLISH DISPLAY. I...

LAPTOP SCREEN CHANGED TO ARABIC AFTER AUTO UPDATE. HOW TO CHANGE TO ENGLISH DISPLAY. I CANNOT UNDERSTAND ARABIC

:)

asgSEK, Jun 27, 2020
  2. viki2000 Win User

Win10 – Language change Arabic to English

I just bought a 2nd hand laptop by occasion and it has only one problem: the Windows 10 was installed in Arabic language and I need it in English. I do not read/speak Arabic language.
    I looked over many YouTube videos in Arabic and English language about how to change the language in Win10. Unfortunately my screens that I see in Arabic language do not match the screens seen in Arabic on YouTube videos/tutorials, so I cannot do a blind click-click and by chance to change it into English.
    I can make print screens and then put them in USB stick and upload them here on EE from another PC – that I figure it out.
    I do not want to reinstall Win10 from scratch, but of course that is the last option.
    Below are the first steps which leaded me to, I hope, Language and Regional Settings in Win10, but where to click further and what to choose?
    I really need your guidance in step by step with pictures where shall I click in order to install the English language.
    A tutorial in English does not help. I need a tutorial (step by step) in Arabic with pictures.

viki2000, Jun 27, 2020
  3. viki2000 Win User

You think is easy by guessing, but is not, especially when things are mirrored left to right.
    Anyway, I did it.
    Here is what I have done next.
    Knowing now that my Win10 is Home 64bit Build 17134 version 1803, I have downloaded from here the EN US language pack:
    Windows 10 Version 1803 Language Packs Direct Download Links
    Then I just put it on USB stick, renamed it lpus.cab,moved it on laptop C: and then following the recommendation from the link below:
    mui - How to change Windows 10 interface language on Single Language version - Stack Overflow
    I have applied at command prompt as Administrator:
    dism /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath:C:\lpus.cab

Then I have followed your advice with 'Run' dialogue (Windows key + R) Then type "ms-settings:regionlanguage" without quotes and I arrived to the screen below, whihc I have seen below but I was not sure where to change the language.
    Anyway, now, at this point I knew there are at least Arabic and English as display languages installed and somehow I only had to choose Englsih instead of Arabic, so blind, by trial and error I found that besides some Arabic text there is also English text written as option and I supposed is the display language.
    I have just chose that and I restarted the laptop and finally I got the English interface.
    Was an ugly job to do it, but was good that I did not have to reinstall Windows.

viki2000, Jun 27, 2020
  4. viki2000 Win User

LAPTOP SCREEN CHANGED TO ARABIC AFTER AUTO UPDATE. HOW TO CHANGE TO ENGLISH DISPLAY. I...

I can answer all your questions only after I change the language in something that I can understand and be able to click it.
    Now I feel blind. I cannot find any specs. I know only what I see - Arabic text that I do not understand.
    Help me to change it somehow into English and then I can answer the questions after I look inside the Win10 installed version.
    I do not know where to click and what. I cannot answer to any question now about the Win10 OS installed on that laptop.

viki2000, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

1. LAPTOP SCREEN CHANGED TO ARABIC AFTER AUTO UPDATE. HOW TO CHANGE TO ENGLISH DISPLAY. I... - Similar Threads - LAPTOP SCREEN CHANGED

2. I can't change the Windows display language to English

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't change the Windows display language to English: Last year I bought a laptop in China and I cannot change the system language to English because the Windows display language has only one option which is Chinese. I can add other input languages but the system language cannot be changed. Thus, all My computer, Control Panel,...
  3. I can't change the Windows display language to English

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't change the Windows display language to English: Last year I bought a laptop in China and I cannot change the system language to English because the Windows display language has only one option which is Chinese. I can add other input languages but the system language cannot be changed. Thus, all My computer, Control Panel,...
  4. How can I change it to English? I've changed everything to English in the language settings.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I change it to English? I've changed everything to English in the language settings.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SWAGNEMITE_1309 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ikkws9/how_can_i_change_it_to_english_ive_changed/
  5. Screen Arabic keyboard changed with an update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Screen Arabic keyboard changed with an update: After an update, the touch screen keyboard ´look´changed. Is there any way I can get the old one back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-arabic-keyboard-changed-with-an-update/dafdbd91-64cb-4724-b339-586e03373ec9
  6. Browser changed language to Arabic by itself and I cannot get it back to English

in Windows 10 Customization
    Browser changed language to Arabic by itself and I cannot get it back to English: This morning for the first time my browser opened in Arabic and has mostly Saudi articles on display. I did not do anything to cause this and my language setting is English UK. How do I get it back to local South African area English browser?...
  7. How to change a display font to English from Chinese?

How to change a display font to English from Chinese?: Hello Team - I bought a new laptop with Win10 and the default language is Chinese. Please let me know how to change the display language to English?...
  8. Changed my key board to spanish but screen display also changed. I want English display

Changed my key board to spanish but screen display also changed. I want English display: I changed my key board and found out after that is qwerty Spanish. Windows changed my display language to Spanish also... I want English display...
  9. Some of my windows 10 is in arabic language, how do i change it to English?

Some of my windows 10 is in arabic language, how do i change it to English?: Some of my settings/apps windows 10 are in arabic, how do i change it fully to English? refer to the attached picture.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-of-my-windows-10-is-in-arabic-language-how-do/a41c832d-c448-4951-9711-186b73879958
  10. Win10 – Language change Arabic to English

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 – Language change Arabic to English: I just bought a 2nd hand laptop by occasion and it has only one problem: the Windows 10 was installed in Arabic language and I need it in English. I do not read/speak Arabic language. I looked over many YouTube videos in Arabic and English language about how to change the...