Windows 10: Laptop screen darkens when a dark background is displayed

Discus and support Laptop screen darkens when a dark background is displayed in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When running my MSI GS75 on battery power, a dark image, such as Windows settings in dark mode, will make the screen dim. It's not an environmental... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/The_Average_Bro, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Laptop screen darkens when a dark background is displayed

When running my MSI GS75 on battery power, a dark image, such as Windows settings in dark mode, will make the screen dim. It's not an environmental issue as my laptop hasn't left my room and the lighting doesn't change. I've had this same issue with my old Acer Nitro 5. Is there any way to get it to stop doing that? It's getting really annoying.

submitted by /u/The_Average_Bro
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/The_Average_Bro, Jun 21, 2020

2. Laptop dimming display on dark backgrounds

My Acer laptop running Windows 10 has a very annoying feature: when running on battery, the LCD backlight dims gradually when displaying a dark screen and brightens gradually when displaying light screen.

This is especially annoying when switching between my IDE (which is dark and pleasant to the eyes) and a webpage.

I've figured out that this is happening only on battery, and no matter the display brightness, it happens unless I plug it in. I've checked if there's some setting in the Windows power settings, but nothing popped out at me (my laptop for instance doesn't have adaptive screen brightness).

Paul Lammertsma, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Laptop screen darkens when a dark background is displayed

Black Lock screen BACKGROUND

Hi Bill,

Let us know the make and model of your computer.

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to set the lock screen background to picture and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Step 3: Update the Display Adapter drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update Driver Software
    • Restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the lock screen background for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Laptop screen darkens when a dark background is displayed

1. Laptop screen darkens when a dark background is displayed - Similar Threads - Laptop screen darkens

2. Background Windows Darkening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background Windows Darkening: When I snap 2 windows on the desktop left & right side of the screen the active screen is bright, but the non-active screen goes very dark. I can still scroll with my mouse wheel, but it is very dark. When I click on the dark window, it gets bright & the previous window goes...
  3. Background Windows Darkening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Background Windows Darkening: When I snap 2 windows on the desktop left & right side of the screen the active screen is bright, but the non-active screen goes very dark. I can still scroll with my mouse wheel, but it is very dark. When I click on the dark window, it gets bright & the previous window goes...
  4. Background Windows Darkening

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Laptop screen gets dim on a dark background.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop screen gets dim on a dark background.: Hey guys, I am facing this problem that whenever I open a dark background like Spotify Desktop, my laptop screen gets really dim and when I switch to chrome, it slowly restores its colours. I looked up online to find solutions and I found two: Turn off adaptive brightness...
  6. Screen darkens considerably when viewing a dark page

Screen darkens considerably when viewing a dark page: My screen darkens considerably when viewing a dark image or web page, all elements darken, images and user interface. As soon as I navigate to a brighter page, the brightness fades back up again. This has been happening since March 2020. Windows 10 Home x64 AMD Radeon R9...
  7. Screen Brightness changing on its own -- incrementally darkens on a dark-colored screen,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen Brightness changing on its own -- incrementally darkens on a dark-colored screen,...: This doesn't seem to be related to "adaptive brightness" settings in any way, and it's driving my crazy. I could understand if the screen got brighter when I'm looking at a dark-colored page, but the opposite happens -- the screen gets darker on dark-colored pages, and...
  8. Laptop darkens?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop darkens?: How can one / can one turn it off under Win10 that the screen automatically darkens slightly without connection to the power supply, thus in battery mode? I hadn't seen it in the shots... THANK YOU Laptop verdunkelt sich?
  9. Screen auto dims when display is dark

Screen auto dims when display is dark: Hi! I've had this issue and tried every single fix, yet nothing has worked. Recently bought a HP laptop model: 15s-fq1002na and I've noticed it has this annoying auto dimming feature. When the screen is light ie on a white webpage the screen is bright. When I switch to a...
  10. Dark Background

Dark Background: I just picked up a new surface pro, and I am not able to get the office / windows product to display anything other than a black background, which I really do not like. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-background/8b65415e-8ad8-4b57-b5f4-0e7c38ec2ebc