Windows 10: Laptop screen dose not on after it goes off in specified time

Discus and support Laptop screen dose not on after it goes off in specified time in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; hello, my laptop screen dose not on after it goes off in specified time. power button led keeps on, hard disk led keeps flashing and wifi button keeps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ahmedwaheed7, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Laptop screen dose not on after it goes off in specified time

hello, my laptop screen dose not on after it goes off in specified time. power button led keeps on, hard disk led keeps flashing and wifi button keeps flashing as those dose when in normal so there are no sign of sleep mode when this happens. Just the laptop screen dose not on back. When this happens I press every button but nothing helps and I have to long press power button to force off the laptop and open power on again. I noticed this after the latest available update.
    My laptop is very old haha acer aspire 4715z :O. I would appreciate if someone help me to solve this. I like to stay on windows 10 thought my laptop is very old Laptop screen dose not on after it goes off in specified time :D.

:)

ahmedwaheed7, Jun 19, 2019

2. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Jun 19, 2019
  3. N-Gen Win User
    Looking for help with laptop screen

It's quite easy to replace a screen, try to find a disassembly guide for the specific model of laptop so you have a step by step indication of where to take screws out and what clips to unclip. There might be some youtube videos as well. Always make sure the replacement screen is compatible as there can be different connectors.

N-Gen, Jun 19, 2019
  4. Geethu B Win User

Laptop screen dose not on after it goes off in specified time

Laptop Screen goes dark when I Plug in or plug out.

Hi Haifz,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that your laptop screen goes black while plugging the charger.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, let me know what is the model number of the laptop?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Outdated or corrupt driver.
    • Missing Windows Updates.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install all the latest device drivers including graphics and chipset driver from the computer manufacturer website.

Official Support | ASUS Global

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

Laptop screen dose not on after it goes off in specified time

1. Laptop screen dose not on after it goes off in specified time - Similar Threads - Laptop screen dose

2. Monitor doesn't turn off after specified time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor doesn't turn off after specified time: I just bought a new Windows 11 laptop, which I plan to use mostly as if it were a desktop. As I did with my old Windows 10 laptop, I used my HDMI port to connect my monitor, and I set the lid setting to do nothing when I close the lid.But I can't get the display to shut down...
  3. Monitor doesn't turn off after specified time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor doesn't turn off after specified time: I just bought a new Windows 11 laptop, which I plan to use mostly as if it were a desktop. As I did with my old Windows 10 laptop, I used my HDMI port to connect my monitor, and I set the lid setting to do nothing when I close the lid.But I can't get the display to shut down...
  4. Screen goes off after 10 min

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes off after 10 min: HP laptop Windows 11. The screen goes off after only 10 min idling after 18:15 GMT even though the setting is 2 hours. During the day, from 9 - 18:15 GMT the screen goes off after idling for 2 hours as set. Apparently, therefore, this strange behaviour is time related. But...
  5. Windows won't turn off monitor after specified time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows won't turn off monitor after specified time: Hello,I've been to many different guides, tried many different things couldn't find the culprit. Windows won't turn off the monitor after a specified time. I haven't changed any hardware. It was working before. This a desktop PC. I don't have sleep turned on. I'm including...
  6. Screen won’t turn off after the specified time in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Screen won’t turn off after the specified time in Windows 10: Windows 10 allows users to turn off the monitor after a particular or preset time, allowing them to save power when running on battery. However, if the screen is not turning off after the specified time time in Windows 10, some settings need to be checked to troubleshoot this...
  7. Screens don't turn off after specified time

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screens don't turn off after specified time: Good evening I have a computer with Windows 10 Professional, version 20H2, compilation 19042.804, with all updates installed.It turns out that the screens don't turn off after the specified time. So far I have tried a lot of solutions. The first thing that I tried was to...
  8. Monitors won't turn off after specified time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitors won't turn off after specified time: Hello, I'm having an issue with my power settings, basically my monitors won't go to standby mode. Doesn't matter if I turn off all background apps or lock the screen, they still remain on indefinitely. I need to have this computer running 24/7 for other reasons, but I would...
  9. Display won't turn off after specified time?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Display won't turn off after specified time?: My display won't turn off after specified time. I've tried many solutions given online, I've also tried troubleshooting it and it didn't do anything. Everything worked fine until I turned off my computer yesterday and back on, and it ran some updates. Very disappointed in...
  10. WIN10 Screen won't turn off after specified time (SOLUTION!)

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIN10 Screen won't turn off after specified time (SOLUTION!): Hey guys, I'm actually so happy right now xD cuz I finally found the solution to this annoying issue. So some time ago, I configured my screen to shut down after 1 min, but it only turned it off, it didn't lock it, which was my intention. So I went to screen saver options:...