Windows 10: Laptop screen duplicated to second screen - goes dark random

Discus and support Laptop screen duplicated to second screen - goes dark random in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello, I have connected Acer ES1 572 laptop (1366x768 res) to larger 1440p screen via HDMI cable. The problem is that once in a while the larger... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by splitsecond, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Laptop screen duplicated to second screen - goes dark random

Hello,

I have connected Acer ES1 572 laptop (1366x768 res) to larger 1440p screen via HDMI cable. The problem is that once in a while the larger screen goes black, totally random (goes back to normal in 1-2 sec). If writing and doing nothing special feels like not that often. Opening windows in a web browser, it's more frequent, or writing in Discord.

Is this an issue with drivers, HDMI cable or something else? Quite frustrating with "blinking/black" screen (original is OK).
    The HDMI cable is quite long, about 5 meters. Could the signal get too weak if some strain that loose connection?
    It does not matter if both screens are on, or just the larger one. Still the same blackouts.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

:)

splitsecond, Apr 9, 2021
  2. kayt---01 Win User

6288 - screen goes dark after 15 seconds

Hi

Have just purchased a 6288. Screen goes dark after 10 - 15 seconds if you don't touch the keypad - very annoying if reading a message. Have turned Power saver and sleep mode off, but screen still goes dark. Does anyone know how to stop it from doing this?

Thanks

kayt---01, Apr 9, 2021
  3. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Apr 9, 2021
  4. Laptop screen duplicated to second screen - goes dark random

my second screen is no longer recognised/working.

Hi Hans,

You may have to re-specify the display style on your laptop. There's a possibility that your laptop is currently set to only display the PC screen. Let's change the display style to
    Extend or Duplicate and see if your laptop will recognize your TV as the second monitor/screen.

By the way, please ensure that your TV is properly connected to your laptop using a VGA, DVI, HDMI or DisplayPort cable, then follow the steps below to change the display style:

• Press the Windows key + P.
    • In the right pane of your screen, the following display styles will appear:

PC Screen Only

Duplicate

Extend

Second Screen Only

3. Select either Duplicate or Extend.

Let us know how it goes so we can assist you should you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

Laptop screen duplicated to second screen - goes dark random

1. Laptop screen duplicated to second screen - goes dark random - Similar Threads - Laptop screen duplicated

2. Second screen will duplicate but won’t extend.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second screen will duplicate but won’t extend.: Hi wondered if anyone could help, I have a Lenovo thinkpad laptop for work and a Samsung widescreen monitor, working perfectly until now, it connects through a hdmi lead and my wide screen can duplicate what is on my laptop screen but it won’t extend. Wondered if anyone had...
  3. Windows 11 screen goes dark at random times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 screen goes dark at random times: This happens all the time, either my taskbar would go dark at random, and occasionally the window that's open right now too, and it also only happens on my main monitorIt isnt a fault with my GPU, nor did this ever happen on Windows 10 and the first few weeks of having...
  4. Windows 11 screen goes dark at random times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 screen goes dark at random times: This happens all the time, either my taskbar would go dark at random, and occasionally the window that's open right now too, and it also only happens on my main monitorIt isnt a fault with my GPU, nor did this ever happen on Windows 10 and the first few weeks of having...
  5. Screen freezes & goes dark

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen freezes & goes dark: Hey friends... Yesterday I made another topic - Weird issues since last update probably ? I am not sure, if this is related to the other one or not. Last night, I was watching some sport highlights on youtube & fell asleep, when I woke up & woke the laptop from sleep mode - I...
  6. my screen goes dark

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    my screen goes dark: recently when I unplug my charger the screen goes really really dark and I barely can see the screen. I have tried power troubleshooting but it was no use. what should I do? it's windows 10 Lenovo laptop...
  7. laptop screen goes dark randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    laptop screen goes dark randomly: I have a Lenovo Ideapad S340 with a Ryzen 3 3250u, VEGA 3 graphics, 8GB memory, 1TB HDD. I have had to repair the laptop from a crash about 2 months ago which required me to reinstall windows 10. Last night, I was browsing a website and my secondary monitor went green and my...
  8. screen goes Dark

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen goes Dark: hello...the windows starting screen that means the laptop screen showing dark. Even though I set any wallpaper .still it is black . when I go to personalisation setting there it shows the exact wallpaper that I set. But it doesnot work on main screen...but I am able to access...
  9. Second screen with dual monitors randomly goes black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Second screen with dual monitors randomly goes black: Hi everyone; What is happening: I have 2 identical monitors on the Displayports, and the second screen randomly goes black between 1-30minutes for 0.5 - 3 seconds. I got a brand new windows 10 installation without any unnecessary programs. So there is no 3th party tools....
  10. laptop screen goes dark when unpluged

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    laptop screen goes dark when unpluged: I have a problem with the screen on my laptop going dark when unplugged from the external power, as soon as I plug it back in it comes to life. I have reinstalled windows several times. still has the glitch. Thanks...