Windows 10: Laptop Screen Flickering issue when the Battery is low and the Computer is unplugged

Discus and support Laptop Screen Flickering issue when the Battery is low and the Computer is unplugged in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; PC: ASUS XJ555U OS: Windows 10 Home Graphics card: Intel HD Graphics 520 CPU: Intel Core i7-6500U The screen of my laptop flickers every time i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MicheleParadiso17, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Laptop Screen Flickering issue when the Battery is low and the Computer is unplugged

PC: ASUS XJ555U

Graphics card: Intel HD Graphics 520

CPU: Intel Core i7-6500U

The screen of my laptop flickers every time i unplug it and the battery is low enough (the breakpoint is slowly raising and it's now about 70%). I tried several solutions and though some of them worked each of them solved the problem only partially. Here a brief list of what I tried:

- Updating the drivers, in the rare cases where new drivers were discovered it didn't change anything;

- Change the Power Plan in the Control Panel, any of the plans available didn't work. I tried a custom plan too but nothing;

- Change the Power Plan in the Intel Graphics Control Panel, this helped for a little while but then the problem returned;

- Running lots of troubleshooters, this never helped;

- Make my built-in NVidia GPU the main rendering card, same as before;

- Search through every setting the computer had;

- Running the System File Checker tool through Command Line to check the system files state.

Please I need help. This issue is really something terrible.

:)

MicheleParadiso17, Aug 11, 2019

2. screen flickering severe when laptop ASUS unplugged

Hi Charles,

For us to isolate your concern with screen flickering issue, we would like to know the following:

• Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • Aside from Windows Update, were there any changes made on your laptop prior to the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Aug 11, 2019
  3. Screen flickers when battery low

Hello Zaina,

We understand that you laptop screen flickers when the battery is low. We'll certainly assist you with this issue.

I suggest you to download the Display drivers from the manufacturer’s website and install it in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Method 1: Also I suggest you to check the settings as below.

• Type in cortana search box as “Adjust the appearance and performance of the windows”.

• Click on it and select the option “Let Windows choose what’s best for my computer”.

• Check if the issue persists.

Method 2: Update the display drivers and check.

1. Press Windows key + X and click on Device Manager.
    2. Right click on Display Adaptor and select update driver.
    3. Follow the onscreen directions. Once the driver is updated, restart
    the computer.

Method 3: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 11, 2019
  4. SUI
    Sui Win User

Laptop Screen Flickering issue when the Battery is low and the Computer is unplugged

Screen starts to flicker after logging in for a while

Hello

This is an entirely new issue. My screen starts to flicker after logging in/turning on computer for a while, and/or if I launch an app that uses my Nvidia card (my laptop has Optimus), I'm not exactly sure which of these two causes it. For the first while after a restart, the screen appears fine. The flickering appears on desktop background + internet browser as well, so I'm pretty sure it's not a program compatibility issue. The flickering is not severe (the type that looks like horizontal bars sliding up) but it's an annoyance.

Tried:

• Disabling Windows error reporting + problem reporting service in msconfig
    • Restart computer
    • Resetting Nvidia global settings to default in Nvidia control panel
    • Checking for display drive updates in device manager (all up to date)
    • Checking monitor refresh rate (60Hz, can't be changed)

Laptop I'm using:

• i7-4700MQ 2.4GHz
    • 1900x1080
    • Intel HD 4600 + Nvidia GT750M

Thanks for suggestions.

Thema:

Laptop Screen Flickering issue when the Battery is low and the Computer is unplugged

1. Laptop Screen Flickering issue when the Battery is low and the Computer is unplugged - Similar Threads - Laptop Screen Flickering

2. Laptop battery says 100% but dies when unplugged

in Windows 10 News
    Laptop battery says 100% but dies when unplugged: [IMG]Does your laptop battery say 100% but dies when unplugged? If yes, it may be due to several reasons – like a defective charger, failing battery, etc. This post will discuss this topic in detail and give you effective methods to resolve this issue on your Windows 11/10...
  3. Battery 100% but still laptop is not turning on when unplugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery 100% but still laptop is not turning on when unplugged: Windows 11 task bar icons shows 100% charge. I did confirm this by generating battery report, it too showed 100% charge.But when I unplug the charge the laptop dies.The battery was replaced 1 and 1/2 months back. Before that I had a dead battery, I was using laptop plugged....
  4. Battery 100% but still laptop is not turning on when unplugged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery 100% but still laptop is not turning on when unplugged: Windows 11 task bar icons shows 100% charge. I did confirm this by generating battery report, it too showed 100% charge.But when I unplug the charge the laptop dies.The battery was replaced 1 and 1/2 months back. Before that I had a dead battery, I was using laptop plugged....
  5. flickering laptop screen while on battery power

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    flickering laptop screen while on battery power: I have an older Envy 15T Laptop out of warranty. It has a brand new battery onboard one month in. For about 6-8 months, the screen flickers intermittently when on battery power and the power level goes below 55%. Works perfectly when plugged into wall power. Any root...
  6. SCREEN FLICKERING IN LOW BRIGHTNESS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SCREEN FLICKERING IN LOW BRIGHTNESS: Whenever I reduce my brightness to low, my screen flickers .Flickering is ,random, not continuous. Doesn't stop if plugged to charger. All drivers are upto date .Windows version upto date. I think it is not the problem of driver or windows version as it has gone through...
  7. Flickering screen due to battery

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Flickering screen due to battery: Okay, so I have/had a flickering screen. I ran virus scans, checked drivers, safe mode, all the usual internet fixes. Then I plugged it back in as the battery got low. Low and behold, the screen stopped flickering. Unplugged it, flickered again. Okay, so I then searched for...
  8. laptop screen goes dark when unpluged

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    laptop screen goes dark when unpluged: I have a problem with the screen on my laptop going dark when unplugged from the external power, as soon as I plug it back in it comes to life. I have reinstalled windows several times. still has the glitch. Thanks...
  9. my battery notification when unplug an it gets low

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    my battery notification when unplug an it gets low: why my laptop stop showing me notification when my battery is low after it's unplug https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-battery-notification-when-unplug-an-it-gets-low/51f7b1ac-fc63-4f7f-a900-d7836afc73e5
  10. Blue Screen of Death When Laptop Is Unplugged

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen of Death When Laptop Is Unplugged: Hello, I am in a bit of a bind. About 8 months ago I purchased a Lenovo Z50 laptop from Amazon. This has a quad-core AMD A10 processor, and 8 GB of RAM. When I got it, it ran Windows 8. It has worked flawlessly for me, despite all of the my coding projects and virtual...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my laptop screen refrech rate is lower when unplugged

2. laptop screen flicker when battery low