Windows 10: Laptop screen gets dim on a dark background.

Discus and support Laptop screen gets dim on a dark background. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, I am facing this problem that whenever I open a dark background like Spotify Desktop, my laptop screen gets really dim and when I switch to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ankurgupta255, Feb 13, 2021.

1. Laptop screen gets dim on a dark background.

Hey guys, I am facing this problem that whenever I open a dark background like Spotify Desktop, my laptop screen gets really dim and when I switch to chrome, it slowly restores its colours. I looked up online to find solutions and I found two:

1. Turn off adaptive brightness in settings: Can't do this because my laptop does not even have adaptive brightness
    2. Disable display power-saving technology in intel graphics settings: I have done this already and still, it is not fixed.

It still keeps dimming on dark background and seems to get fixed whenever I restart. If anyone knows about this please help. Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/ankurgupta255
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ankurgupta255, Feb 13, 2021

2. Laptop dimming display on dark backgrounds

My Acer laptop running Windows 10 has a very annoying feature: when running on battery, the LCD backlight dims gradually when displaying a dark screen and brightens gradually when displaying light screen.

This is especially annoying when switching between my IDE (which is dark and pleasant to the eyes) and a webpage.

I've figured out that this is happening only on battery, and no matter the display brightness, it happens unless I plug it in. I've checked if there's some setting in the Windows power settings, but nothing popped out at me (my laptop for instance doesn't have adaptive screen brightness).

Paul Lammertsma, Feb 13, 2021
  3. nize Win User
    Laptop dimming display on dark backgrounds

I had a very similar problem using a ThinkPad T460s and a NEC MultiSync EA273WMi monitor. Using dark themes in my IDE the screen dimmed after a few seconds.

My problem was resolved by changing the "DV Mode" on the screen from "Dynamic" to "Standard".

4. YihongLiu Win User

Laptop screen gets dim on a dark background.

Screen auto dims when the backdrop is dark

I have disabled adaptive brightness, as well in my Intel Graphics Control Panel I have disabled display power saving technology. However whenever the backdrop is dark, the screen still dims. I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series. Even when I have the computer
    plugged in the screen dims when there is a dark backdrop.

YihongLiu, Feb 13, 2021
Thema:

Laptop screen gets dim on a dark background.

1. Laptop screen gets dim on a dark background. - Similar Threads - Laptop screen gets

2. Screen dims when the majority of the screen is dark

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen dims when the majority of the screen is dark: It's hard to explain but whenever the majority of the screen is dark the computer dims, this is especially annoying when I'm playing dark games like Carrion or just using steam since the lighting is all messed up and it's actually painful to look at, I've tried searching but...
  3. Screen dims when the majority of the screen is dark

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen dims when the majority of the screen is dark: It's hard to explain but whenever the majority of the screen is dark the computer dims, this is especially annoying when I'm playing dark games like Carrion or just using steam since the lighting is all messed up and it's actually painful to look at, I've tried searching but...
  4. Screen dims when the majority of the screen is dark

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. My laptop's screen dims if I display anything dark

My laptop's screen dims if I display anything dark: Whenever I open a dark image, or use a program that haves a dark theme, or if I display anything dark, my laptop's screen dims, slowly becoming less and less bright...I have disabled the option "change brightness automatically when lighting changes", but it does not solve the...
  6. Screen auto dimming on dark background and regarding modern standby

Screen auto dimming on dark background and regarding modern standby: I have bought new laptop 5 days ago. I have fully updated my drivers. Now one of major problem i found i background dimming on dark scenes. It quite annoying. My laptop shipped with modern standby feature so in power option i dont have any option to choose any kind of option...
  7. Screen auto dims when display is dark

Screen auto dims when display is dark: Hi! I've had this issue and tried every single fix, yet nothing has worked. Recently bought a HP laptop model: 15s-fq1002na and I've noticed it has this annoying auto dimming feature. When the screen is light ie on a white webpage the screen is bright. When I switch to a...
  8. Laptop screen darkens when a dark background is displayed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop screen darkens when a dark background is displayed: When running my MSI GS75 on battery power, a dark image, such as Windows settings in dark mode, will make the screen dim. It's not an environmental issue as my laptop hasn't left my room and the lighting doesn't change. I've had this same issue with my old Acer Nitro 5. Is...
  9. Screen dimming on dark web pages.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen dimming on dark web pages.: I'm using a Windows Surface 3 Laptop with an AMD. Fir some reason whenever i'm on battery and on a dark web page the screen dims. It's pretty annoying. Does anyone know a fix for this ? Thanks. submitted by /u/babygorilla90 [link] [comments]...
  10. Screen auto-dims on dark pages

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen auto-dims on dark pages: Once again after the latest Windows 10 update Microsoft forcefully put in my laptop, my display keeps dimming on me while in use. I have to-do an hour of troubleshooting and research to figure out what setting to disable every time an update occurs, then I figure it out and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Screen dims on dark background Windows 10 desktop