Windows 10: laptop screen glitching, flickering and lagging

Discus and support laptop screen glitching, flickering and lagging in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [IMG]Hello, I have some issues with Intel HD Graphics 5500, it keeps flickering and glitching and keeps lagging. I have tried to fix by referring to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Raihaan Khan, Dec 18, 2018.

1. laptop screen glitching, flickering and lagging

laptop screen glitching, flickering and lagging [​IMG]Hello,

I have some issues with Intel HD Graphics 5500, it keeps flickering and glitching and keeps lagging.

I have tried to fix by referring to some tutorial videos from youtube, it still doesn't help with problem.

I have captured my screen in glitching state.

Methods and Solutions I tried:

Disabling System Configuration/Services

-Problem Reports and Solution

-Windows Error Reporting Service

-Uninstalled and re-installed intel hd graphic

-Uninstalled and re-installed nvidia geforce 940M

while in safe mode.

Is there any other solutions i should try. help me!

Thanks,

:)

Raihaan Khan, Dec 18, 2018
  2. barndoor Win User

Flickering and blinking laptop screen

I'm using a laptop with Windows 10 and an Intel HD Graphics 4600 display adaptor. A few days ago I attached a Dell D3000 dock to my laptop, and almost immediately my laptop screen started to flicker and repeatedly blink off and on again. I disconnected the dock, which did not resolve the problem, and since then I've tried various techniques to fix the problem, but none of them have worked. In order, this comprised of:

1. attempting system restore - but all five restore points were corrupted (?!);
    2. updating the driver for the Intel display adaptor;
    3. rolling back the driver for the Intel display adaptor;
    4. uninstalling the driver for the Intel display adaptor;
    5. downloading Windows 10 from the Microsoft site and re-installing it.
    The problem has persisted even when I disconnected everything from my laptop, took it to my workplace, and switched it on there (using its battery for power); so the following possible reasons can be ruled out: its location in my house, any attached peripherals, a faulty power cable.

I am certain the problem is in some way connected to the Intel HD Graphics 4600 display adaptor:
    1. after I completely uninstalled it - which reverted the graphics card to the standard Microsoft one - the screen didn't flicker or blink once afterwards (I left the laptop switched on for about an hour without incident, whereas previously I would experience as many as ten 'events' a minute). This rules out a possible damaged connection between the body of the laptop and its screen. However, when Windows auto-installs updates it reinstates the Intel one...
    2. ...and when the laptop is switched on the screen flickers and repeatedly blinks off and on again...
    3. ...although, strangely, connecting an external monitor to the laptop (HDMI to HDMI) results in neither the laptop screen nor the external monitor flickering or blinking. The problem returns when I disconnect the HDMI cable from the HDMI port on the laptop.
    I now have the inescapable feeling that when I attached the dock I somehow fried the Intel display adaptor, and it isn't possible to fix it: I have read in the forums that replacing the graphics card on a laptop is well-nigh impossible. But if anyone else can suggest an approach I haven't yet tried I'd be very receptive!

As an aside, I contacted the retailer and they have sent me all of the drivers that are available for my system, but I don't know how to install them.

barndoor, Dec 18, 2018
  3. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Dec 18, 2018
  4. SUI
    Sui Win User

laptop screen glitching, flickering and lagging

Screen starts to flicker after logging in for a while

Hello

This is an entirely new issue. My screen starts to flicker after logging in/turning on computer for a while, and/or if I launch an app that uses my Nvidia card (my laptop has Optimus), I'm not exactly sure which of these two causes it. For the first while after a restart, the screen appears fine. The flickering appears on desktop background + internet browser as well, so I'm pretty sure it's not a program compatibility issue. The flickering is not severe (the type that looks like horizontal bars sliding up) but it's an annoyance.

Tried:

• Disabling Windows error reporting + problem reporting service in msconfig
    • Restart computer
    • Resetting Nvidia global settings to default in Nvidia control panel
    • Checking for display drive updates in device manager (all up to date)
    • Checking monitor refresh rate (60Hz, can't be changed)

Laptop I'm using:

• i7-4700MQ 2.4GHz
    • 1900x1080
    • Intel HD 4600 + Nvidia GT750M

Thanks for suggestions.

Thema:

laptop screen glitching, flickering and lagging

1. laptop screen glitching, flickering and lagging - Similar Threads - laptop screen glitching

2. Screen Glitching or Flickering ??? Still no fixes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Glitching or Flickering ??? Still no fixes: Lately my laptop's display keeps glitching like in the image every 2 seconds, i tried uninstalling and reinstalling the device adapter, and many solutions that lead sadly to nothing... After all that, i connected my laptop to another monitor but it didn't show the glitching...
  3. Screen Glitching or Flickering ??? Still no fixes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Glitching or Flickering ??? Still no fixes: Lately my laptop's display keeps glitching like in the image every 2 seconds, i tried uninstalling and reinstalling the device adapter, and many solutions that lead sadly to nothing... After all that, i connected my laptop to another monitor but it didn't show the glitching...
  4. Laptop screen glitching and flickering after routine cleaning. Please help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop screen glitching and flickering after routine cleaning. Please help!: Not sure if this is the correct topic but I had just taken my laptop apart for 2 reasons: to reposition a rattling cpu fan on the right side and to clean any dust out of the vents. I've taken my laptop apart for cleanings quite a few times as I do it every 3-4 months to...
  5. Laptop screen glitching and flickering after routine cleaning. Please help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop screen glitching and flickering after routine cleaning. Please help!: Not sure if this is the correct topic but I had just taken my laptop apart for 2 reasons: to reposition a rattling cpu fan on the right side and to clean any dust out of the vents. I've taken my laptop apart for cleanings quite a few times as I do it every 3-4 months to...
  6. Laptop screen glitching and flickering after routine cleaning. Please help!

7. Strange screen flicker/glitch/freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange screen flicker/glitch/freeze: Around a week ago I started to get this odd glitchy freeze on my main monitor. A small row of pixels glitches for a few seconds and then goes away. This process is repeated every few seconds. Everything below the glitchy pixels is frozen, whereas everything above the pixels...
  8. Strange screen flicker/glitch/freeze

Strange screen flicker/glitch/freeze: Around a week ago I started to get this odd glitchy freeze on my main monitor. A small row of pixels glitches for a few seconds and then goes away. This process is repeated every few seconds. Everything below the glitchy pixels is frozen, whereas everything above the pixels...
  9. Strange screen flicker/glitch/freeze

10. Chrome glitching and flickering screen

Chrome glitching and flickering screen: Hi guys! Lately, I've been experiencing these glitchy flickery spasms while using google chrome on my HP Windows 10. I've tried the solutions where they change the display setting but it still doesn't work and it seems to only work for one account google chrome account. I've...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows basic display screen lagging

2. screen laggy and flickering

3. hd graphics 5500 driver screen glitching fix

4. hd 5500 driveer screen glitching,
  5. driver hd graphics 5500 screen glitching,
  6. screen keeps lagging Monitor,
  7. windows 10 display glitching,
  8. intel i7-4700mq screen flickering,
  9. display glitching