Windows 10: laptop screen goes black after 1 minute, no settings on windows 10 power options

Discus and support laptop screen goes black after 1 minute, no settings on windows 10 power options in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have HP Spectre Laptop running windows 10. When I'm reading books on my laptop, after 1 minute, screen gets turned off (goes black), I have to hit a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ArashKashefian, Jul 30, 2019.

1. laptop screen goes black after 1 minute, no settings on windows 10 power options

I have HP Spectre Laptop running windows 10. When I'm reading books on my laptop, after 1 minute, screen gets turned off (goes black), I have to hit a keyboard button for it to come back. Tried updating all the Power Option values below and it doesn't seem to work:

laptop screen goes black after 1 minute, no settings on windows 10 power options 7e82e3a7-6d94-473d-963d-b568ceeb2f1a?upload=true.png

:)

ArashKashefian, Jul 30, 2019

2. Display goes black after 1 minute. Power and display settings were changed to 30 minutes.

I'm using Windows 10. My display goes black after 1 minute. Power and display settings were changed to 30 minutes with no affect.

KarlBraungart, Jul 30, 2019
  3. Keiem Win User
    Laptop goes to black screen in 2 minutes.

Hello,
    Just installed Windows 10 yesterday. I have a Toshiba laptop.
    When no programs are running and I'm not working on the laptop, it automatically goes to a black screen now after 2-3 minutes. When I then touch a button or the mouse, it goes back to normal screen, and I can also see the internet connecting again.
    All my screensavers/shutdowns are set on 10 minutes or more.

What can cause this?

Keiem, Jul 30, 2019
  4. laptop screen goes black after 1 minute, no settings on windows 10 power options

Laptop screen goes black after 10 minutes

Hi Mark,

To help you with your concern, let me suggest you to check the Power saver of your laptop. Please follow the steps below on how to see the settings of the Power saver:

• Press Windows key and search for Settings
    • Click Power & sleep
    • Click Additional power settings
    • If can't be seen on the window, click Show additional plans then select
      Change plan settings beside Power saver
    • Edit the settings then click Save changes

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

laptop screen goes black after 1 minute, no settings on windows 10 power options

1. laptop screen goes black after 1 minute, no settings on windows 10 power options - Similar Threads - laptop screen goes

2. Screen invariably goes black after 1 minute of inactivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen invariably goes black after 1 minute of inactivity: I use Windows 10 Home. After system update Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0 I find that desktop screen goes black after 1 min of inactivity, no matter what I specify in settings: 10 min, 30 min or 'never'....
  3. Screen invariably goes black after 1 minute of inactivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen invariably goes black after 1 minute of inactivity: I use Windows 10 Home. After system update Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0 I find that desktop screen goes black after 1 min of inactivity, no matter what I specify in settings: 10 min, 30 min or 'never'....
  4. Screen invariably goes black after 1 minute of inactivity

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. HP Laptop Powers On & Screen Goes Black

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Laptop Powers On & Screen Goes Black: A friend of my brother's has asked me to look and see if I can fix his HP Laptop that he just bought at Walmart. He told me over the phone that it will boot up/power up but the screen eventually goes black after it's powered on. I will have the computer on Tuesday. I am...
  6. On pressing shutdown laptop goes black for 1 minute. And then shuts down.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    On pressing shutdown laptop goes black for 1 minute. And then shuts down.: Hi all, Recently i started noticing that when i press shut down on my laptop. Display turns off but the computer stays on for another minute and then shuts off completely. Also along with this issue my Keyboard back light is also staying on despite keeping it automatic in...
  7. Windows shuts down screen after 2 minutes irrespective of setting in power options

Windows shuts down screen after 2 minutes irrespective of setting in power options: I've set screen shutdown time to 10 minutes in my power setting but regardless of this, windows just shut down my screens after 2 minutes of inactivity. Anyone knows workaround this Current Version: Windows 10 Home 1903 Build 18362.449...
  8. screen goes dark after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    screen goes dark after 1 minute: Why does the screen on a portable go dark after a minute without use when all power sleep settings are set to never. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-goes-dark-after-1-minute/9dd5e98f-0d5f-4e25-9086-13bd9679e0bb
  9. Computer Goes Black After 1 Minute even after setting all Settings to Never

Computer Goes Black After 1 Minute even after setting all Settings to Never: Hello Guys and Girls, Computer Goes Black After 1 Minute even after setting all Settings to Never. We even created a power plan and set all the main settings to NEVER. This lowers efficiency in our company and would like this to be resolved. Thanks, Zach...
  10. Laptop goes to black screen in 2 minutes.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop goes to black screen in 2 minutes.: Hello, Just installed Windows 10 yesterday. I have a Toshiba laptop. When no programs are running and I'm not working on the laptop, it automatically goes to a black screen now after 2-3 minutes. When I then touch a button or the mouse, it goes back to normal screen, and I...