Windows 10: Laptop Screen goes black and alt-tabs randomly

Discus and support Laptop Screen goes black and alt-tabs randomly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For about a month now my laptop screen goes black randomly for a second or so and alt-tabs from the current game. This issue happens mainly while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Benny512, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Benny512 Win User

Laptop Screen goes black and alt-tabs randomly

For about a month now my laptop screen goes black randomly for a second or so and alt-tabs from the current game. This issue happens mainly while gaming. While surfing in the web there are some vertical lines going yellow/black at a constant area of 7 cm height at about ⅔ of the screen height.

The isuue is bigger in safe mode where the screen goes black for 10 seconds or so.

I updated all the drivers but the problem continue so I did clean installation of Nvidias driver. The latest windows version is already installed 1909 . The event log shows nothing wrong.

Im using Lenovo Legion Y540-17IRH.

Intel i7-9750H.

Nvidia 2060 RTX.

16 GB RAM.

I searched the web for solution but my exact problem isn't there.

What should I do to get rid of this? I really don't want to give it for laboratory analysis I'm not super tech guy but I can do some things

:)

Benny512, Jun 8, 2020

2. my hp laptop screen goes black randomly

my hp laptop screen goes black randomly when using it

KwameNyarko, Jun 8, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    CTRL ALT DEL Black Screen

Hi Dan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Have you installed all pending updates?
    • Are you able to log into Desktop?
    • Is the issue specific to Ctrl + Alt + Del screen?

Black screen error can occur if the computer is not up to date with all Drivers and Windows updates. Install all pending updates and check if that helps.

Refer the link below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if that helps

Troubleshoot black screen problems.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pavan_N, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

My hp laptop screen goes black randomly

Hi afrozahmed1,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. What is the model of HP laptop you are using?
    2. Does the black screen occur while using the PC or while restarting the machine?
    3. Are you aware of any changes happened on the computer prior to the issue?
    4. Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type:winver in start menu and hit enter.)

I appreciate the time you have taken to resolve this issue. There can be many reasons for booting to a black screen.
    These screens may appear with or without the mouse pointer.
    The main causes are Problems with the driver for your display adapter or incompatible application.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Troubleshoot black screen or blank
    screen errors
    refer the section
    I see a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10.

If that doesn’t help, I would also suggest you to go through the article provided by HP on
    Troubleshooting Screen Issues (Windows 10, 8, 7),
    refer the section No image on the screen, or the screen is blank.

Disclaimer: The article include the step of updating BIOS. Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems
    that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Laptop Screen goes black and alt-tabs randomly - Similar Threads - Laptop Screen goes

2. Screen goes black randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black randomly: Hello everyone,The screen of a Windows Server 2012 Essentials with version 6.2.920000 randomly turns black and the system seems to be frozen, forcing us to physically reboot the machine.It happens completely by surprise.By looking into the event visor, everything seems pretty...
  3. Screen goes black randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen goes black randomly: Hello everyone,The screen of a Windows Server 2012 Essentials with version 6.2.920000 randomly turns black and the system seems to be frozen, forcing us to physically reboot the machine.It happens completely by surprise.By looking into the event visor, everything seems pretty...
  4. Alt+Tab Black Screen Glitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt+Tab Black Screen Glitch: After Alt Tabbing once, some games' gameplay region Goes Blacknot for some seconds, but permanently until i quit and restart the game, but the HUD is still visible, like the game isnt visible, i cant see whats happening in game, but still can see the Health Bar, Radar,...
  5. Alt+Tab Black Screen Glitch

Alt+Tab Black Screen Glitch: After Alt Tabbing once, some games' gameplay region Goes Blacknot for some seconds, but permanently until i quit and restart the game, but the HUD is still visible, like the game isnt visible, i cant see whats happening in game, but still can see the Health Bar, Radar,...
  6. Black screen when ALT+TAB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen when ALT+TAB: Hello, In the past I had a problem with my pc i guess. At first this didn't bother me that much, but when after a few weeks this started getting annoying. I got latest drivers and other latest updates on my pc. Its a laptop with- GTX 1660TI- i5-9300h- 16GB RAM 2667MHz-...
  7. Black screen when ALT+TAB

Black screen when ALT+TAB: Hello, In the past I had a problem with my pc i guess. At first this didn't bother me that much, but when after a few weeks this started getting annoying. I got latest drivers and other latest updates on my pc. Its a laptop with- GTX 1660TI- i5-9300h- 16GB RAM 2667MHz-...
  8. Black screen when ALT+TAB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Random alt tabs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random alt tabs: My computer seem to randomly alt tab at will, and I have no idea why. I used Windows Focus Logger, and the issue might originate from a folder called ImmersiveControlPanel under the Local disc C: - Windows. Have ran Malwarebytes multiple times with no viruses or malware...
  10. Random Alt-Tabs?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Random Alt-Tabs?: So, this issue developed some weeks ago. Every hour, from start-up, I get alt-tabbed to a mystery window, called 'Update' according to WindowsFocusLogger. I've tried disabling tasks, I've tried closing down non-essential tasks at start up - I've tried **** round in...