Windows 10: Laptop screen goes black when using HDMI cable

Discus and support Laptop screen goes black when using HDMI cable in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The laptop screen goes black when I am trying to connect it to my Samsung monitor using HDMI cable. This issue occurs when HDMI cable is plugged in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NikkiMorgan, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Laptop screen goes black when using HDMI cable

The laptop screen goes black when I am trying to connect it to my Samsung monitor using HDMI cable. This issue occurs when HDMI cable is plugged in

:)

NikkiMorgan, Feb 20, 2019

2. Black screen on my TV and my laptop when connecting through hdmi cable in windows 10

Hi.

I have a toshiba laptop i7 with windows 10 home. it works fine except the connection with hdmi.

When i trying to connect the projector or my tv with hdmi cable, everything goes black. no signal to the external monitor, tv or projector and the monitor of the laptop goes black screen. the laptop works. i can press any button but i cant see anything.

NIkosPapageorgiou, Feb 20, 2019
  3. W10 Screen goes black when HDMI monitor plugged in

In an attempt to connect to a Samsung external monitor the laptop screen goes black when HDMI cable is plugged in. I have checked the settings from the notifications-project - panel is set to laptop only. Is is perhaps stuck to monitor only in another
    place?

StephanieCorley, Feb 20, 2019
  4. Laptop screen goes black when using HDMI cable

Screen goes black when using HDMI In to cable box/xbox ect.

After upgrading to Windows 10 my Alienware 17x R4 laptop's HDMI In no longer works to connect to my cable box, xbox, or whatever else I can connect. The screen goes black but I get sound. I have tried to close the lid then reopen but that didn't work.
    Any other problems like this?

stormnnorm01, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

Laptop screen goes black when using HDMI cable

1. Laptop screen goes black when using HDMI cable - Similar Threads - Laptop screen goes

2. Laptop screen black out if i unplug HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop screen black out if i unplug HDMI cable: I have an Asus Rog Strix G513 2022. I downgraded to Windows 10, AMD ryzen 4800, also with a graphic card NVIDIA GEforce 3050.After i have reformat my computer, my laptop screen will be blank when i turned on the laptop.The screen will only have display if i connect it with a...
  3. Laptop screen black out if i unplug HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop screen black out if i unplug HDMI cable: I have an Asus Rog Strix G513 2022. I downgraded to Windows 10, AMD ryzen 4800, also with a graphic card NVIDIA GEforce 3050.After i have reformat my computer, my laptop screen will be blank when i turned on the laptop.The screen will only have display if i connect it with a...
  4. Laptop screen black out if i unplug HDMI cable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer screen goes black when HDMI plugged in

in Windows 10 News
    Computer screen goes black when HDMI plugged in: [IMG]Windows computers have a feature that allows you to connect the external display(s) by different methods. One of these methods is by using the HDMI cable. But when some users tried connecting the external display through an HDMI cable, it went black. For some users, the...
  6. Windows 10,Screen goes off when I plug in HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10,Screen goes off when I plug in HDMI cable: Hi, Can somebody please Help Why does the Computer screen go off when I plug in the HDMI CABLE It is fine on my Laptop But My Desktop does not Like it It use to Work Fine until the last Windows 10 installation in Early February 2020...
  7. W10 Screen goes black when HDMI monitor plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W10 Screen goes black when HDMI monitor plugged in: In an attempt to connect to a Samsung external monitor the laptop screen goes black when HDMI cable is plugged in. I have checked the settings from the notifications-project - panel is set to laptop only. Is is perhaps stuck to monitor only in another place?...
  8. i plug a hdmi cable into my laptop and it goes blank

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i plug a hdmi cable into my laptop and it goes blank: plug a hdmi cable into my laptop, then it goes blank. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/i-plug-a-hdmi-cable-into-my-laptop-and-it-goes/312f7af0-1cb6-47ec-aa1b-11b424714454
  9. Use Laptop as Secondary Monitor WITH HDMI CABLE

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Use Laptop as Secondary Monitor WITH HDMI CABLE: I have two laptops, both of which have HDMI ports. Is there any software that will use the HDMI cable to make one of my laptops act as a secondary monitor? I don't want any software that requires a network connection because I'm going to be in college. 59100
  10. After using HDMI cable to tv, monitor on laptop black

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    After using HDMI cable to tv, monitor on laptop black: I have been using HDMI cable from laptop to tv without problem. However, since updating to Windows 10 whenever I use HDMI cable, after disconnecting my laptop screen is black, it is as though it does not recognize it's own monitor. I have had to restore latptop twice and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. black screen windows10 with hdmi cable in