Windows 10: Laptop screen goes black

Discus and support Laptop screen goes black in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Just booted up windows then the screen goes black then turns back on every 5 seconds. Cant access anything properly. Thought it was wallpaper engine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by alt eff fuor, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Laptop screen goes black

Just booted up windows then the screen goes black then turns back on every 5 seconds. Cant access anything properly. Thought it was wallpaper engine trying to turn on but to no avail. Not able to access previous drivers since i cant gain access to the settings. Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

:)

alt eff fuor, Apr 29, 2020
  2. Maria Fab Win User

Screen goes black

Hi,

To isolate your concern, we would like to ask a few questions:

• Were there any changes made on your laptop prior to this?
    • Does it only happen when you use Internet Explorer, or have you tried using a different browser?
    • Are there any external devices plugged into your laptop?

If your laptop experiences a black screen after upgrading to Windows 10, you may refer to this
    link on how to troubleshoot black screen errors. Follow the steps provided. For additional help with
    Internet Explorer, click here.

Let us know how it goes.

Maria Fab, Apr 29, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Screen goes black

Hi Kris,

It is possible that your screen goes black may be due to a critical system error which can cause the system to shut down. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages when it turns black?
    • Have you tried checking if the sleep mode is turned on/off?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you perform the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot blank/black screen errors. This will provide you instruction when you see a black screen before signing in to Windows 10 and when you see a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Apr 29, 2020
  4. Laptop screen goes black

Screen goes black if the power cord is connected

Hi Tony,

As the screen goes black I suggest you to refer the Microsoft article on
    Troubleshoot black screen problems and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

I also see that you are facing issues with the keyboard this might be due to the corruption of keyboard drivers. I suggest you to run the
    hardware and devices troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps for the same.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    • Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us with the information required, if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

Laptop screen goes black

1. Laptop screen goes black - Similar Threads - Laptop screen goes

2. Laptop freezes up and screen goes black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop freezes up and screen goes black: Hello. Sometimes my laptop an Eluktronics MAX-17 w/ RTX 3060, Ryzen 7 4800H, 16GB RAM will freeze up, any audio playing stops and the screen just goes black, but the backlight or whatever is still on. Not like when you shut it down or put it to sleep and it's just dark. At...
  3. Screen goes black on new HP laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black on new HP laptop: I am currently setting up a new HP laptop and the screen keeps going black but not completely off after about 1 minute. The only way I’ve been able to turn it back on, is to shut the laptop down and restart it. When the screen is off, no keyboard buttons work including ctrl...
  4. screen goes black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen goes black: My screen goes black only when I move my cursor to certain spots on the screen, these spots change randomly for ex if I restart or if I open something, it just changes.I have tried updating my display driver, or using win+ctrl+shift+b or even using power troubleshoot, none of...
  5. Screen goes to black . . .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes to black . . .: My computer runs, Windows 10.There's one setting, I don't know how to change?After about, 30 seconds. My screen goes to black.When I move my mouse, it comes back on.But, it goes to the login screen. When it comes, back on?And, I have to put in my password. And, I don't want...
  6. hp Laptop Screen Goes Black

in Windows 10 Customization
    hp Laptop Screen Goes Black: I was trying to input a new Windows PIN I had forgotten my PIN after months of not using the laptop and as I was thinking of a new and clever PIN my hp Laptop gave me that little doorbell ring to indicate it was doing something and it did......................the screen went...
  7. Laptop screen goes black.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop screen goes black.: Hello! I have a HP Pavilion x360 and I've had it for 2-3 years. Ive had no problems until recently. I tend to use my laptop for drawing so i like folding it into tablet, usually when I do so the acreen turns black but i can tell its still running, and its rather annoying. It...
  8. Laptop Goes to Black Screen at Startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop Goes to Black Screen at Startup: I own an Asus TUF Gaming Fx504 Series laptop that just recently encountered a serious error. It froze on me one day while I was using it, so I performed a force shut down. My computer went into Automatic Repair, claims it diagnosed and fixed the C: Drive, but I still couldn't...
  9. Screen goes black

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen goes black: I am using Windows 10, my setup is running the most recent windows update, and I keep my system safe with up to date Norton360. But I am pretty computer illiterate. So I ask with the utter most sincerity to simplify as much as you can. I've been having a reoccurring problem...
  10. laptop screen goes black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop screen goes black: why does the screen on my laptop keep going black? I can still hear a show (if I'm watching you tube), but the screen goes black https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-screen-goes-black/7a0cbae2-a61f-49ca-aab3-f92bd7b69ddf