Windows 10: Laptop screen goes blank after Windows 10 boots if HDMI is plugged in.

Discus and support Laptop screen goes blank after Windows 10 boots if HDMI is plugged in. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; A few weeks ago, my Acer laptop began behaving oddly. This began suddenly and persists. When I turn it on, I can see the Acer startup screen, as usual.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by ShaneCycles, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Laptop screen goes blank after Windows 10 boots if HDMI is plugged in.

A few weeks ago, my Acer laptop began behaving oddly. This began suddenly and persists. When I turn it on, I can see the Acer startup screen, as usual. After Windows 10 boots, the screen goes blank IF the HDMI is plugged in. If the HDMI is not plugged in, there is no problem and if the HDMI is plugged in with the receiver and the TV turned on, there is no problem. I've tolerated this for some time now, but I'm looking for solutions. Thanks

:)

ShaneCycles, Jul 12, 2019

2. i plug a hdmi cable into my laptop and it goes blank

plug a hdmi cable into my laptop, then it goes blank.

robertkirkpatrick1, Jul 12, 2019
  3. Windows 10 blank screen after boot-up....

Anyone have any luck with this ? Windows appears to boot normally until the screen with the little dots on it. Then it goes black , stays that way for a minute and finally logs on. I`ve already googled this and all the answers boil down to two solutions - disable fast startup and change your graphics driver. Neither rly helped for me tho it did seem to be graphics card related.

Awaiting more expert suggestions from TPU !

francis511, Jul 12, 2019
  4. Laptop screen goes blank after Windows 10 boots if HDMI is plugged in.

Windows 10 blank screen after boot-up....

reseat your gpu's disable crossfire

eidairaman1, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

Laptop screen goes blank after Windows 10 boots if HDMI is plugged in.

1. Laptop screen goes blank after Windows 10 boots if HDMI is plugged in. - Similar Threads - Laptop screen goes

2. Computer screen goes black when HDMI plugged in

in Windows 10 News
    Computer screen goes black when HDMI plugged in: [IMG]Windows computers have a feature that allows you to connect the external display(s) by different methods. One of these methods is by using the HDMI cable. But when some users tried connecting the external display through an HDMI cable, it went black. For some users, the...
  3. Laptop goes blank screen after Windows logo on startup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop goes blank screen after Windows logo on startup.: A few days ago I ran Windows Update and now the screen goes blank shortly after the Windows logo appears when the system is starting up. In Windows recovery mode, the screen is fine. I ran the advanced options to fix startup problems and after the screen is fine until I...
  4. Laptop goes blank screen after Windows logo on startup.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop goes blank screen after Windows logo on startup.: A few days ago I ran Windows Update and now the screen goes blank shortly after the Windows logo appears when the system is starting up. In Windows recovery mode, the screen is fine. I ran the advanced options to fix startup problems and after the screen is fine until I...
  5. Laptop goes blank screen after Windows logo on startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Laptop goes to blank screen after Windows logo at startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop goes to blank screen after Windows logo at startup: A few days ago I ran Windows Update and now the screen goes blank shortly after the Windows logo appears when the system starts. In Windows recovery mode, the screen is fine. I ran the advanced options to fix startup problems and after the screen is fine until I reboot again...
  7. Windows 10,Screen goes off when I plug in HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10,Screen goes off when I plug in HDMI cable: Hi, Can somebody please Help Why does the Computer screen go off when I plug in the HDMI CABLE It is fine on my Laptop But My Desktop does not Like it It use to Work Fine until the last Windows 10 installation in Early February 2020...
  8. Laptop goes to blank screen after Windows logo on startup Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop goes to blank screen after Windows logo on startup Windows 10: I upgraded the subject laptop to Windows 10 last October and it ran fine. A few days ago I ran Windows Update and now the screen goes blank shortly after the Windows logo appears when the system is booting. In Windows Recovery mode the screen is fine. I ran the advanced...
  9. W10 Screen goes black when HDMI monitor plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W10 Screen goes black when HDMI monitor plugged in: In an attempt to connect to a Samsung external monitor the laptop screen goes black when HDMI cable is plugged in. I have checked the settings from the notifications-project - panel is set to laptop only. Is is perhaps stuck to monitor only in another place?...
  10. i plug a hdmi cable into my laptop and it goes blank

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i plug a hdmi cable into my laptop and it goes blank: plug a hdmi cable into my laptop, then it goes blank. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/i-plug-a-hdmi-cable-into-my-laptop-and-it-goes/312f7af0-1cb6-47ec-aa1b-11b424714454

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop goes blank when hdmi cable plugged in