Windows 10: Laptop screen goes blank after Windows 10 boots if HDMI is plugged in.

Discus and support Laptop screen goes blank after Windows 10 boots if HDMI is plugged in. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; A few weeks ago, my Acer laptop began behaving oddly. This began suddenly and persists. When I turn it on, I can see the Acer startup screen, as usual.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by ShaneCycles, Jul 12, 2019 at 3:17 PM.

1. Laptop screen goes blank after Windows 10 boots if HDMI is plugged in.

A few weeks ago, my Acer laptop began behaving oddly. This began suddenly and persists. When I turn it on, I can see the Acer startup screen, as usual. After Windows 10 boots, the screen goes blank IF the HDMI is plugged in. If the HDMI is not plugged in, there is no problem and if the HDMI is plugged in with the receiver and the TV turned on, there is no problem. I've tolerated this for some time now, but I'm looking for solutions. Thanks

:)

2. i plug a hdmi cable into my laptop and it goes blank

plug a hdmi cable into my laptop, then it goes blank.

robertkirkpatrick1, Jul 12, 2019 at 3:28 PM
  3. Windows 10 blank screen after boot-up....

Anyone have any luck with this ? Windows appears to boot normally until the screen with the little dots on it. Then it goes black , stays that way for a minute and finally logs on. I`ve already googled this and all the answers boil down to two solutions - disable fast startup and change your graphics driver. Neither rly helped for me tho it did seem to be graphics card related.

Awaiting more expert suggestions from TPU !

4. Laptop screen goes blank after Windows 10 boots if HDMI is plugged in.

Windows 10 blank screen after boot-up....

reseat your gpu's disable crossfire

Thema:

Laptop screen goes blank after Windows 10 boots if HDMI is plugged in.

1. Laptop screen goes blank after Windows 10 boots if HDMI is plugged in. - Similar Threads - Laptop screen goes

2. Blank screen after boot up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blank screen after boot up: Hi i wonder if any has any tips on this problem!? I recently bought a Dell xps 2nd hand which originally had windows 8 on but had been upgraded to win 10. Its been working fine then other day i shut it down with option of : shutdown & install updates. When i booted up the...
  3. Not booting with blank screen after Windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Not booting with blank screen after Windows update: When I turn on my laptop (Acer Aspire ES1-572-31XL) I hear the fans running, hard drive starting, and I see the LED light come on, but I have a completely black screen. When I press F2 or F8 to go into BIOS it doesn't work and I don't see the Acer logo later in it's just...
  4. W10 Screen goes black when HDMI monitor plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W10 Screen goes black when HDMI monitor plugged in: In an attempt to connect to a Samsung external monitor the laptop screen goes black when HDMI cable is plugged in. I have checked the settings from the notifications-project - panel is set to laptop only. Is is perhaps stuck to monitor only in another place?...
  5. i plug a hdmi cable into my laptop and it goes blank

i plug a hdmi cable into my laptop and it goes blank: plug a hdmi cable into my laptop, then it goes blank. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/i-plug-a-hdmi-cable-into-my-laptop-and-it-goes/312f7af0-1cb6-47ec-aa1b-11b424714454
  6. Screen goes blank, then reboots after 15 secs.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen goes blank, then reboots after 15 secs.: Hello all, I have this stability problem with my rig: Every few days, the screen goes blank but I can still hear background sounds, then after maybe 15 seconds, the computer reboots but the reboot process takes a few minutes instead of a few seconds as usual when that...
  7. Screen goes blank/black after start up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen goes blank/black after start up: Upon start up of my PC (Windows 10) it loads up then the screen goes blank, like its in sleep mode, no mouse nothing, if I turn the monitor on and off, the screen appears for a second or two then disappears again. I tried restarting in safe to check drivers but it does...
  8. Laptop goes to sleep mode after plugging in charger

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop goes to sleep mode after plugging in charger: Hello. I have a ASUS X550C laptop. The original charger broke, so i bought a charger for it at my local market (the brand is "Innergie"), which also works for ASUS laptops. Now since i got this charger, i was experiencing issues where my laptop would randomly go to sleep...
  9. screen goes blank

screen goes blank: Good Day This is my first time posting in a forum but I have not been able to resolve my issue. My windows has been recently upgraded to windows 10, and before it has a chance to get to the login screen it goes blank. i have used the installation usb to access advanced...
  10. laptop screen goes blank, what is the cause?

in Windows 10 Support
    laptop screen goes blank, what is the cause?: Hey all, I was working on this laptop when quite often, after startup or in the middle of something (random), the screen goes blank and flickers, with random lines, etc. but you can't see anything. When I am able to actually see because the problem hasn't started yet,...