Windows 10: Laptop screen goes blank while using it

Discus and support Laptop screen goes blank while using it in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This happens on a new HP Pavilion x360. Even while actively using the laptop, the screen would go blank and is reactivated when the mouse is moved.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by KishanRHarripersad, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Laptop screen goes blank while using it

This happens on a new HP Pavilion x360. Even while actively using the laptop, the screen would go blank and is reactivated when the mouse is moved. What could the cause?

:)

KishanRHarripersad, Apr 22, 2021
  2. kodex Win User

Screen goes blank after changing BIOS settings/

I don't know how long this has been happening, a few weeks at least, but whenever I change a setting in my BIOS (and save & exit), my screen goes blank and my monitor goes into standby. Any suggestions to fix this?

kodex, Apr 22, 2021
  3. Laptop screen goes blank

When I try to use my laptop with mains power the screen goes blank (ie Black), as soon as I switch off (remove) mains power the screen lights up again and becomes operative, and if I switch power back on the screen goes blank again.

TrevorWinter, Apr 22, 2021
  4. Laptop screen goes blank while using it

Screen goes blank

Hi Leroy, I hope this message finds you well. My name is Steven and I'm an independent advisor.

I suggest that you refer to the article Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors where you can go through some troubleshooting steps and check your hardware and software

https://support.microsoft.com/help/14106/window...

____

Steven

Steve Merik, Apr 22, 2021
Thema:

Laptop screen goes blank while using it

1. Laptop screen goes blank while using it - Similar Threads - Laptop screen goes

2. Screen goes blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes blank: Hi Team,I've tried opening 2 File Manager sessions, the usual one, unexpectedly the system hung and screen went blank.I didn't open or do anything else when I did the above one, kindly help, thanks.Regards,Devendran R...
  3. Screen goes blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen goes blank: Hi Team,I've tried opening 2 File Manager sessions, the usual one, unexpectedly the system hung and screen went blank.I didn't open or do anything else when I did the above one, kindly help, thanks.Regards,Devendran R...
  4. Screen goes blank

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Screen goes blank

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen goes blank: After I boot my PC, it is working well for about ten minutes and then the screen goes blank. After that I cannot do anything and have to press control+alt+delete. The task manager is not showing any errors...
  6. Screen goes blank

Screen goes blank: Screen closes down about every 1 minute after inactivity and I have to log in again with password. Very frustrating. have tried various answers but to no avail. Please give simple step by step guide of how to overcome this....
  7. Everything goes blank after a while

Everything goes blank after a while: Please help me, I start up my laptop and everything is fine until 15 minutes later pop ups start failing. First i right click to get the options menu of any app or program and the box is empty and transparent, i only get the outline. The as i start opening new programs or...
  8. Screen goes Blank or colored while Gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes Blank or colored while Gaming: This has been bugging me like crazy. I'll be playing a game and a good chance it'll either cause the computer to reboot or the monitor will shut off (sometimes it'll give a colored screen). Heavy games like GTA5 seem to cause it faster. Dead by Daylight I was able to play,...
  9. screen goes blank

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    screen goes blank: Good Day This is my first time posting in a forum but I have not been able to resolve my issue. My windows has been recently upgraded to windows 10, and before it has a chance to get to the login screen it goes blank. i have used the installation usb to access advanced...
  10. laptop screen goes blank, what is the cause?

in Windows 10 Support
    laptop screen goes blank, what is the cause?: Hey all, I was working on this laptop when quite often, after startup or in the middle of something (random), the screen goes blank and flickers, with random lines, etc. but you can't see anything. When I am able to actually see because the problem hasn't started yet,...