Windows 10: laptop screen goes dark when unpluged

Discus and support laptop screen goes dark when unpluged in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a problem with the screen on my laptop going dark when unplugged from the external power, as soon as I plug it back in it comes to life. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by GaryBenoit, Feb 22, 2019.

1. laptop screen goes dark when unpluged

I have a problem with the screen on my laptop going dark when unplugged from the external power, as soon as I plug it back in it comes to life. I have reinstalled windows several times. still has the glitch. Thanks

:)

GaryBenoit, Feb 22, 2019
  2. Geethu B Win User

Laptop Screen goes dark when I Plug in or plug out.

Hi Haifz,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that your laptop screen goes black while plugging the charger.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, let me know what is the model number of the laptop?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Outdated or corrupt driver.
    • Missing Windows Updates.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install all the latest device drivers including graphics and chipset driver from the computer manufacturer website.

http://support.asus.com/download/Options.aspx?SLanguage=en&type=1

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Feb 22, 2019
  3. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Feb 22, 2019
  4. laptop screen goes dark when unpluged

Laptop Screen Still Goes Dark Although Set to 'Do Nothing'

(Windows 10 operating system)

On my HP laptop, I have followed the directions by going to Power Options and selecting "Do nothing" when the laptop is closed.

However, the screen still goes dark when I close the laptop's lid. I want to keep the screen on because I have the laptop connected to an external monitor.

Is there another way to stop the screen from going dark?

WilliamBrowning, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

laptop screen goes dark when unpluged

1. laptop screen goes dark when unpluged - Similar Threads - laptop screen goes

2. Ethernet disconnects when screen goes dark

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet disconnects when screen goes dark: Hi !I recently needed to leave my computer on while im away, but every time my screen goes dark after 10 minutes of inactivity my ethernet disconnects as well ! Its so annoying ! here are my current settings.As you can see I have already searched answers for these...
  3. Ethernet disconnects when screen goes dark

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet disconnects when screen goes dark: Hi !I recently needed to leave my computer on while im away, but every time my screen goes dark after 10 minutes of inactivity my ethernet disconnects as well ! Its so annoying ! here are my current settings.As you can see I have already searched answers for these...
  4. Ethernet disconnects when screen goes dark

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Screen freezes & goes dark

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen freezes & goes dark: Hey friends... Yesterday I made another topic - Weird issues since last update probably ? I am not sure, if this is related to the other one or not. Last night, I was watching some sport highlights on youtube & fell asleep, when I woke up & woke the laptop from sleep mode - I...
  6. my screen goes dark

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    my screen goes dark: recently when I unplug my charger the screen goes really really dark and I barely can see the screen. I have tried power troubleshooting but it was no use. what should I do? it's windows 10 Lenovo laptop...
  7. Laptop screen duplicated to second screen - goes dark random

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Laptop screen duplicated to second screen - goes dark random: Hello, I have connected Acer ES1 572 laptop (1366x768 res) to larger 1440p screen via HDMI cable. The problem is that once in a while the larger screen goes black, totally random (goes back to normal in 1-2 sec). If writing and doing nothing special feels like not that...
  8. laptop screen goes dark randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    laptop screen goes dark randomly: I have a Lenovo Ideapad S340 with a Ryzen 3 3250u, VEGA 3 graphics, 8GB memory, 1TB HDD. I have had to repair the laptop from a crash about 2 months ago which required me to reinstall windows 10. Last night, I was browsing a website and my secondary monitor went green and my...
  9. screen goes Dark

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen goes Dark: hello...the windows starting screen that means the laptop screen showing dark. Even though I set any wallpaper .still it is black . when I go to personalisation setting there it shows the exact wallpaper that I set. But it doesnot work on main screen...but I am able to access...
  10. The screen goes dark when I watch YouTube

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The screen goes dark when I watch YouTube: I have to hover over the screen and always touch it because the screen often goes dark. It happens when I am watching YouTube or Prime, I really need to sit and touch it again and again....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. screen goes black when unplugged

2. lenovo screen goes dark when unplugged

3. screen goes black when unplugged windows 10

4. hp laptop screen goes black when unplugged,
  5. laptop screen goes black when unplugged asus,
  6. lenovo screen goes black when unplugged,
  7. laptop screen goes black when unplugged,
  8. screen dark when unplug,
  9. laptop screen black when unplugged,
  10. when unplugged dispay goes dark,
  11. lenovo ideapad 130-15ast screen goes black when unplugged,