Windows 10: laptop screen goes dark when unpluged

Discus and support laptop screen goes dark when unpluged in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a problem with the screen on my laptop going dark when unplugged from the external power, as soon as I plug it back in it comes to life. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by GaryBenoit, Feb 22, 2019.

1. laptop screen goes dark when unpluged

I have a problem with the screen on my laptop going dark when unplugged from the external power, as soon as I plug it back in it comes to life. I have reinstalled windows several times. still has the glitch. Thanks

:)

GaryBenoit, Feb 22, 2019
  2. Geethu B Win User

Laptop Screen goes dark when I Plug in or plug out.

Hi Haifz,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that your laptop screen goes black while plugging the charger.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, let me know what is the model number of the laptop?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Outdated or corrupt driver.
    • Missing Windows Updates.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install all the latest device drivers including graphics and chipset driver from the computer manufacturer website.

http://support.asus.com/download/Options.aspx?SLanguage=en&type=1

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Feb 22, 2019
  3. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Feb 22, 2019
  4. laptop screen goes dark when unpluged

Laptop Screen Still Goes Dark Although Set to 'Do Nothing'

(Windows 10 operating system)

On my HP laptop, I have followed the directions by going to Power Options and selecting "Do nothing" when the laptop is closed.

However, the screen still goes dark when I close the laptop's lid. I want to keep the screen on because I have the laptop connected to an external monitor.

Is there another way to stop the screen from going dark?

WilliamBrowning, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

laptop screen goes dark when unpluged

1. laptop screen goes dark when unpluged - Similar Threads - laptop screen goes

2. When unplug laptop, windows become unresponsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When unplug laptop, windows become unresponsive: Hello! When I unplug my laptop from the power outlet, the windows become almost unresponsive. With almost I mean that that the mouse cursor disappears and all keyboard commands are performed at least 5 (and up to 30) seconds later. Interestingly, when press ctrl+alt+del all...
  3. Blue Screen when unplugging USB

Blue Screen when unplugging USB: Recently I have been having a problem with my Acer laptop giving me the blue screen when I unplug USB devices. I'm attaching a link to the dump file posted on my google drive. Hoping someone can look at this dump file and tell me what is causing the problem....
  4. Laptop freezes and goes back to normal when I unplug / plug it.

Laptop freezes and goes back to normal when I unplug / plug it.: So yeah, my laptop often freezes even when I'm not using heavy programs and the only way to fix it is to either unplug it or plug it in. My laptop's a Dell G3 and it's still pretty new, 3-5 months old if I'm not mistaken, so idk why it does that....
  5. laptop lags when unplugged

laptop lags when unplugged: i have a HP Pavilion notebook intel core 17-6500u cpu @2.50ghz 4 cpus 16 gb ram windows 10 pro 64 (10.0, Build 17763) nvidia 940mx 4gb ddr3 every Game works fine when charger is plugged in but when removed even the lowest end game lags.. all games produce less than...
  6. Blank Screen when unplugged

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Blank Screen when unplugged: I have an ASUS x555l laptop running Windows 10, which has all the appropriate updates since I bought the laptop in 2015 and installed Windows 10 as a free download when it was made available. My problem is that when I am on battery power, the screen immediately goes blank...
  7. laptop screen goes black

laptop screen goes black: why does the screen on my laptop keep going black? I can still hear a show (if I'm watching you tube), but the screen goes black https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-screen-goes-black/7a0cbae2-a61f-49ca-aab3-f92bd7b69ddf
  8. Laptop crashes when power cord is unplugged

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop crashes when power cord is unplugged: Hello everyone! I recently bought MSI GF72VR and I am having strange problem with it. Almost every time when I unplug power cord and I have open program my laptop freezes for about 3-4 seconds then it comes black screen and then blue screen and restart. I have tried to...
  9. Dark screen when playing video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dark screen when playing video: I have an issue with playing any type of video, both stored in the computer and streamed from the internet or Netflix. The colors of the screen are changing and I see everything in grayish tint. But I perfectly see a cursor, a toolbar, search bar etc. I use Toshiba with...
  10. Blue Screen of Death When Laptop Is Unplugged

Blue Screen of Death When Laptop Is Unplugged: Hello, I am in a bit of a bind. About 8 months ago I purchased a Lenovo Z50 laptop from Amazon. This has a quad-core AMD A10 processor, and 8 GB of RAM. When I got it, it ran Windows 8. It has worked flawlessly for me, despite all of the my coding projects and virtual...