Windows 10: Laptop screen going black at Windows login

Discus and support Laptop screen going black at Windows login in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop boots normally, I can see the laptop logo on the screen. As soon it gets to the windows login screen it goes black. If I plug in an external... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Free Bee1, Dec 5, 2022.

1. Free Bee1 Win User

Laptop screen going black at Windows login

My laptop boots normally, I can see the laptop logo on the screen. As soon it gets to the windows login screen it goes black. If I plug in an external monitor I can see the windows login on the monitor, the laptop screen stays blank. Once into windows, if I disable to AMD graphics card that I have, the laptop screen works again. I have tried reinstalling the graphics card but this then goes back to the black screen issue. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

:)

Free Bee1, Dec 5, 2022
  2. Virus-j Win User

Toshiba Laptop Black Screen

I have a Toshiba Laptop, Was reinstalling windows 7 on it last night left it doing the updates then shut it down. Turned it on this this afternoon only to find the laptop screen is Black and also there is a burning smell coming from the Fan.

I connected the Laptop to a external monitor that is fine, Can go into bios, Windows boots up fine Etc.
    Just took apart the laptop earlier to check all the cables where in correctly, Checked the motherboard over for any damage, burnt bits but but found nothing. Just put it back together now but im still getting this burning smell and i still cant use the laptop screen only a external screen.

I Tried Pressing FN+F5 to switch to the laptop screen, But still black screen. Any Suggestions please ?

Thanks

Virus-j, Dec 5, 2022
  3. Dadicator Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

Laptop or Desktop (Very important) Windows 10 build 14.586 has a very annoying BUG: That causes Black Screen after login:
    To date there is no cure until Microsoft send Update to fix the problem: OK here goes: When you Login and the Screen Goes Black ==>
    Go to your Function Keys for Screen Brightness Chose to Lighten the Screen (This will make the screen Bright) so that you can view it.
    The BUG is that they reversed (via Software) what the Brightness button does -- So it is currently reversed -- "Lighten" makes it Dark -- "Darken" makes it Bright ==> Go figure Microsoft screw the pooch on this one. . . .

This is for LAPTOP -- I have never seen this on Desktops but they are fixed rather than adjustable

Dadicator, Dec 5, 2022
  4. Rose Cal Win User

black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Dec 5, 2022
Thema:

1. Laptop screen going black at Windows login - Similar Threads - Laptop screen going

2. Laptop screen glitching and then going completely black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop screen glitching and then going completely black: hey, my laptop screen will go black whenever I connect to WiFi, I use windows 10 and recently factory reseted my laptop, although this did happen before the factory reset too, I’d love it if someone knew what was going on with it....
  3. Black Screen On Laptop Login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen On Laptop Login: Laptop powers on and displays login screen as normal, after logging in the screen turns completely black and nothing opens up except task manager via ctrl+alt+delete .Attempted fixes based on similar problems so far are completely turning off the computer, unplugging the...
  4. Black Screen On Laptop Login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen On Laptop Login: Laptop powers on and displays login screen as normal, after logging in the screen turns completely black and nothing opens up except task manager via ctrl+alt+delete .Attempted fixes based on similar problems so far are completely turning off the computer, unplugging the...
  5. Laptop screen going black at Windows login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop screen going black at Windows login: My laptop boots normally, I can see the laptop logo on the screen. As soon it gets to the windows login screen it goes black. If I plug in an external monitor I can see the windows login on the monitor, the laptop screen stays blank. Once into windows, if I disable to AMD...
  6. Laptop screen going black at Windows login

Laptop screen going black at Windows login: My laptop boots normally, I can see the laptop logo on the screen. As soon it gets to the windows login screen it goes black. If I plug in an external monitor I can see the windows login on the monitor, the laptop screen stays blank. Once into windows, if I disable to AMD...
  7. Laptop screen going black after updating

Laptop screen going black after updating: A few weeks ago, this problem started with Windows asking me to update. So when I did, and the update was completed and the laptop was turned on, there was the loading screen. But after that was only a black screen which also didn't ask me to sign in. The only way to solve...
  8. Laptop screen going black randomly.

Laptop screen going black randomly.: My laptop screen is going black randomly but it stays on and the only way I can fix that is by a hard reset. I've noticed that when my pc is very loaded for example a heavy game like Fortnite/GTAV no problem happens, but when I do a simple task like browsing the web it...
  9. Laptop screen randomly going black.

Laptop screen randomly going black.: My laptop screen sometimes goes black while doing normal tasks - browsing the internet, etc. When it goes black, the laptop is still turned on, but the system is unresponsive. Win + ctrl + shift + b doesn't work....
  10. Laptop Screen going Black

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Screen going Black: Long story short, i´ve replaced my laptop screen for a 120hz, it was working fine until i updated my intel 630 drivers. It went black after the update then i´ve force shut off and it worked again for about a week. Now i´m trying to turn on bbut it wont, just in SAFE MODE....