Windows 10: Laptop screen is white

Discus and support Laptop screen is white in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I bought a used laptop and the screen is just white when I turn it on. I hooked it up to an external monitor and ran a diagnostic that says everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ginger_Holiday, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Laptop screen is white

I bought a used laptop and the screen is just white when I turn it on. I hooked it up to an external monitor and ran a diagnostic that says everything is working fine (obviously it's not!) is there some setting or option I'm unaware of to get my screen to work? Seems if it were disconnected or there was a malfunction that the diagnostic would not say everything is working. The guy I bought it from said everything worked fin when he shipped it and even sent me a video of it working (could be fake, but I like to think people are honest) Ideas?

:)

Ginger_Holiday, Sep 30, 2019

2. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Sep 30, 2019
  3. John Vil Win User
    White Screen on Windows 10

Hi,

There may be several reasons why your laptop's screen will show a plain white screen. To assist you better with this concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any hardware/software changes on your laptop recently?
    • At what point do this white screen appear?
    • Have you tried booting your computer into Safe Mode?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?

We look forward for your response.

John Vil, Sep 30, 2019
  4. Louie Del Win User

Laptop screen is white

white screen after exiting game

Hi Alex,

Let us isolate your concern to help us determine what's causing the white screen after you exit the game. Please answer the following questions:

• Are there any recent changes or updates made on your laptop?
    • Did you run the World of Tanks game on the same laptop where you encountered the white screen after exiting the World of Warships?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far aside from restarting the laptop?

We'll wait for your response.

Louie Del, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

Laptop screen is white

1. Laptop screen is white - Similar Threads - Laptop screen white

2. Laptop screen is black with white fuzz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop screen is black with white fuzz: First it started flickering with coloured lines and then it would go completely black. It'd take a reboot to fix it for 5 minutes. Eventually, it got to a point where a reboot wouldn't work and the black screen suddenly had white fuzz around it. This is how it currently...
  3. Laptop screen is black with white fuzz

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop screen is black with white fuzz: First it started flickering with coloured lines and then it would go completely black. It'd take a reboot to fix it for 5 minutes. Eventually, it got to a point where a reboot wouldn't work and the black screen suddenly had white fuzz around it. This is how it currently...
  4. Laptop screen is black with white fuzz

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Laptop screen is completely white

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop screen is completely white: I had recently upgraded my ram so I wanted to ask that can ram upgrade cause this type of thins muly screen goes white and all complete white or sometimes like this...
  6. Laptop screen is completely white screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop screen is completely white screen: It happened the second time when I started my laptop it showed only white screen. I did force the shutdown by power button started again and still it showed white screen I did it like 4-5 times and now the screen Is working but it also happened yesterday too. I don't know why...
  7. Laptop white screens

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop white screens: my laptop grey screens on startup. it doesn't show any signs of booting into windows, just a grey screen. After a few seconds, it shuts off by itself. could anyone find the issue?...
  8. White tint on laptop screen

White tint on laptop screen: Hi I have a Lenovo Z50-70 laptop with windows 10 The laptop shows white tint, I updated all drivers still problem persists. It appears like high brightness, sometimes it becomes normal and again it starts appearing. The last time when my laptop was having trouble logging...
  9. White edges around laptop screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    White edges around laptop screen: This is the second time it happens. Upon turning on my Asus laptop, the screen turns black and then these white faded edges appear on my screen. They literally look like frostbite and they keep creeping on the screen until the whole thing slowly turns grey and then another...
  10. Stuck on white screen/ flickering white screen

Stuck on white screen/ flickering white screen: For the past 8 hours now my computer has been constantly showing a white screen or a flickering screen on my desktop, everytime i log into my computer. I have restarted, repowered and did a full resset but nothing had worked. I have tried using the safe mode on the log in...