Windows 10: Laptop screen is white

Discus and support Laptop screen is white in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I bought a used laptop and the screen is just white when I turn it on. I hooked it up to an external monitor and ran a diagnostic that says everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ginger_Holiday, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Laptop screen is white

I bought a used laptop and the screen is just white when I turn it on. I hooked it up to an external monitor and ran a diagnostic that says everything is working fine (obviously it's not!) is there some setting or option I'm unaware of to get my screen to work? Seems if it were disconnected or there was a malfunction that the diagnostic would not say everything is working. The guy I bought it from said everything worked fin when he shipped it and even sent me a video of it working (could be fake, but I like to think people are honest) Ideas?

:)

Ginger_Holiday, Sep 30, 2019

2. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Sep 30, 2019
  3. John Vil Win User
    White Screen on Windows 10

Hi,

There may be several reasons why your laptop's screen will show a plain white screen. To assist you better with this concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any hardware/software changes on your laptop recently?
    • At what point do this white screen appear?
    • Have you tried booting your computer into Safe Mode?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?

We look forward for your response.

John Vil, Sep 30, 2019
  4. Louie Del Win User

Laptop screen is white

white screen after exiting game

Hi Alex,

Let us isolate your concern to help us determine what's causing the white screen after you exit the game. Please answer the following questions:

• Are there any recent changes or updates made on your laptop?
    • Did you run the World of Tanks game on the same laptop where you encountered the white screen after exiting the World of Warships?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far aside from restarting the laptop?

We'll wait for your response.

Louie Del, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

Laptop screen is white

1. Laptop screen is white - Similar Threads - Laptop screen white

2. random white screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    random white screen: while i'm using my computer, my screen will randomly turn one solid color (usually whatever the main color on the desktop was, ie screen turns completely white on youtube unless in dark mode, where it turns a dark grey.) I lose my mouse from the screen and have to hit the...
  3. White Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    White Screen: I play online games and my screen goes white starting from upper left corner, Has anyone gotten this since the last update? Please let me know. Thank You https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/white-screen/8b6dfd91-45a1-41e3-9a9e-363ab6c1ebb2
  4. White screen at bootup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    White screen at bootup: Hi all, have just upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to 10 pro. The computer boots to safe mode ok but at normal startup I get a white screen with a box top left of screen regarding cortana etc. I have seen the normal screen momentarily, it then reverts back to the white screen. So...
  5. White blotches arranged linearly on the laptop screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    White blotches arranged linearly on the laptop screen: I am having weird white spots on my laptop in the last few days. These white blotches are arranged linearly at along the lower one-third of the screen.They don't appear if I connect my laptop via HDMI to another screen. They are clearly visible on a white background and...
  6. White screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    White screen: I had a problem with my desk. I simply reformat it using the reset options that remove all personal files from my desktop. While I was in the process, I was already at 70%, but when I went out and came back, the screen is blank. I managed to force the shutdown, but when I...
  7. Black/white screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black/white screen: Since I upgraded to the pre-release 18875 on windows 10 home which my HP laptop continues to freeze up all the time. How can I get this to stop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blackwhite-screen/973bc1c0-6539-4f85-ac7c-c575f9500b2c
  8. White Screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    White Screen: Had a problem with my desktop. I just reformat it using the reset options that removes all personal files in my desktop. While on the process it was already at 50% but when I left and came back the screen is white. I managed to force shutdown but when i booted it up it's...
  9. Blue screen with white writing pops up on laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Blue screen with white writing pops up on laptop: I was doing some research for a school paper. The problem and solution were simple; I needed wifi, so I connected to my iPhone’s hotspot. A few minutes or so after I connected, my laptop suddenly got a blue screen that had white writing on it (like, courier font writing....
  10. Facebook white screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facebook white screen?: I'm running Windows 10 and use Google Chrome browser. I have a McAfee security and I have just disactivated the firewll to see if this would resoleve the problem. My Facebook page is unresponsive and blank white. The red icin at the globe suggest I have 4 interaction, and...